The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Thailand political prison prostitute not going away.  I still don’t trust her.

PATTAYA, Thailand — A pair of self-described sex instructors from Belarus have been stuck in a Thai detention center for weeks. They say they have evidence demonstrating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign in the United States, and that they have offered it to the F.B.I. in exchange for a guarantee of their safety.

Their claim — that they are targets of a covert Russian operation to silence them because they know too much — might seem outlandish, but their case certainly includes some unusual circumstances.

They have influential enemies in Russia. They were arrested with the help of a “foreign spy,” according to the Thai police, and locked up on what is a fairly minor offense: working without a permit. And the F.B.I. says it tried to talk to the pair, suggesting that American investigators had not dismissed their account out of hand.

“They know we have more information,” one of the pair, Alexander Kirillov, 38, told The New York Times last month in an unauthorized phone call from the detention center in Bangkok. Mr. Kirillov said his co-defendant, Anastasia Vashukevich, 27, had angered some powerful people. “They know she knows a lot,” he said. “And that’s why they made this case against us.”

On 4/1/2018 at 8:28 AM, SquishMitten said:

There is/was an elementary school named Seton in Austin?

Seton. Porter. Crockett. And I know how the airport name was pronounced. So I got that going for me. You’re forgiven for your transgressions. All the foreigners pronouncing it wrong forever has a funny way of changing prior truths. I gave up the fight years ago.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Thailand political prison prostitute not going away.  I still don’t trust her.

“They know we have more information,” one of the pair, Alexander Kirillov, 38, told The New York Times last month in an unauthorized phone call from the detention center in Bangkok. Mr. Kirillov said his co-defendant, Anastasia Vashukevich, 27, had angered some powerful people. “They know she knows a lot,” he said. “And that’s why they made this case against us.”

This story is fascinating to me.  My gut tells me they are full of shit but what if they aren't?

2 hours ago, Poolflood said:

Not to be a complete dick but Hugo, I can read my own fucking twitter feed.

Some of us don't bother with twitter and appreciate people posting tweets.

Some of us also reply before making it to the end of the thread.

Edited by JohnnyRage

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

this is the stupidest administration ever 

no, it's the stupidest media ever.  zero memory, analysis or context before running with a story.  and twitter feeding the outrage hungry just makes it stupider. 

five minutes of googling reveals that when obama expelled 35 diplomats last year he also permanently reduced the russian diplomatic mission to 455.  the russians eventually retaliated by expelling 755 us diplomats to get the us number down to 455 also.  i am not a journalist or anything, but, i guess that move by obama backfired for america.  and i guess maybe the us diplomats in russia do not want to go down to 395.  just a guess though.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/03/russia-us-diplomats-expulsions/556985/

Edited by krutov

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/03/politics/mueller-manafort-rosenstein-memo/index.html

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told special counsel Robert Mueller in a classified August 2, 2017, memo that he should investigate allegations that President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort was "colluding with Russian government officials" to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, prosecutors in the Russia probe revealed late Monday night.

Mueller was also empowered by Rosenstein to investigate Manafort's payments from Ukrainian politicians, a cornerstone of the Trump adviser's decades-long lobbying career that has resulted in several financial criminal charges so far. 

The revelation of the August 2 memo comes amid a broader court filing from Mueller's prosecutors that offers a full-throated defense of their investigative powers and indictments thus far. In the filing, the special counsel's office argues that a federal judge should not throw out Manafort's case. Manafort has sought to have the case dismissed, arguing that the charges against him are outside of Mueller's authority. 
The filing Monday night crystallizes the extent to which Rosenstein, who has come under fire by President Donald Trump and others, has backed the investigation's actions. (Rosenstein oversees Mueller's investigation following Attorney General Jeff Sessions' recusal.

The memo, attached to Monday night's court argument and not previously disclosed even to Manafort, describes how Rosenstein's public order that appointed Mueller in May left out some details so it didn't confirm "specific investigations involving specific individuals."

6 hours ago, SKJ said:

I'm going to go ahead and guess you don't understand why we would reduce the number of Russian "diplomats" in our country

i'm going to go ahead and guess you have zero idea how many diplomats the united states needs in russia in order to serve and protect your nation's interest.  for reference though, apparently the obama administration thought that number was 1210  but now there are 455.

and do you even cold war bro?  this is par for the course.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

i'm going to go ahead and guess you have zero idea how many diplomats the united states needs in russia in order to serve and protect your nation's interest.  for reference though, apparently the obama administration thought that number was 1210  but now there are 455.

You do understand that it's about time to stop giving a fuck about Russia, right? Of course you don't... You're probably a bitch-ass Russian.

6 minutes ago, krutov said:

Didn't you mean to say "our nation's interest" not yours?  Is there a way to get rid of this obvious Russian bot?

5 minutes ago, SKJ said:
9 minutes ago, krutov said:

You do understand that it's about time to stop giving a fuck about Russia, right? Of course you don't... You're probably a bitch-ass Russian.

i do understand you have no answer to the substance of what i said so you're going ad hominem

4 minutes ago, SKJ said:
9 minutes ago, krutov said:

i would think the bolded part in his post is a dead give away where his allegiance lies...and it ain't with the USA.

3 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i would think the bolded part in his post is a dead give away where his allegiance lies...and it ain't with the USA.

go back to what is left of shaggy.  i registered in about 2012 and lurked before that.  you can check my posts.  if i am a russian bot i must be a sleeper bot recently activated.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Who are we guessing he is? DSA or one of the other forgettable Putin-supporting trolls. 

I really don't give a flying fuck who it is.  But obvious bot is obvious.  We've had years of experience sussing them out.  Best to ignore and move on. 

5 minutes ago, krutov said:

i do understand you have no answer to the substance of what i said so you're going ad hominem

There is no substantial information in your post.

Do YOU even cold war, bro?

The nation ATTACKED the United States. Who gives a fuck how many diplomats we, or they, have in each other's country?

Our moron in Chief is too busy selling our country to Russians. I'd say we get that sorted, then worry about some fucking diplomats

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I really don't give a flying fuck who it is.  But obvious bot is obvious.  We've had years of experience sussing them out.  Best to ignore and move on. 

and yet you have no idea what the chad fuck you are talking about.  no socks.  no shaggy history except under this username.  sometimes a lurker is just a lurker.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, SKJ said:

There is no substantial information in your post.

Do YOU even cold war, bro?

The nation ATTACKED the United States. Who gives a fuck how many diplomats we, or they, have in each other's country?

Our moron in Chief is too busy selling our country to Russians. I'd say we get that sorted, then worry about some fucking diplomats

can you honestly say that if trump had permanently reduced the number of russian diplomats down to 395 and then the state department had complained to the media that this resulted in a critical shortage of us staff in russia when the russians mirrored that, that you wouldn't call trump an idiot for that too?

my point is you hear a superficial poorly researched story and you jump to the conclusion it supports your bias against trump.  now you are invested in that take and digging in to defend that position when you do not have a fucking clue whether it was a good decision or a bad one by trump.  that is exactly what fake news is intended to do.  what's the difference?

i have zero idea why trump didn't reduce the number permanently.  perhaps it was a fuck up.  my point is that with 5 minutes of research and i can find context to that story that was not being reported.   i don't trust the media to tell me the whole story, and i wait before i jump.  you shouldn't either.  whether it is deliberate spin or the product of the shrinking resources available to news outlets and the credulous kids writing stories today, the news we hear today is shit. 

• Fuck You 2