The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

My actual argument is that we need to castrate the broad surveillance capabilities the government has built, and especially those that are domestically facing and involve mass surveillance. 

What you don’t seem to get is your ‘both sides’ mantra and one side amnesia get tiring.

Let’s say that one Cosby rape accuser was lying and acting in concert with media and abuse advocates to tell her story - but that she was lying.

When the thread is about the stone fact that Cosby is a serial rapist, and given that numerous other witnesses not so compromised confirm Cosby’s guilt, a constant thread shit reminding everyone of the lying witness and the irresponsibility of media and others spreading her false narrative would not be well received.

Why? Because no matter the veracity of your facts, and the non-refutable truth that a liar accusing Cosby and getting support without greater scrutiny is a bad thing - banging that same fucking drum over and over soon turns into a defense of Cosby and an insinuation that the other witnesses are lying. If you refrained from talking about the mountain of Cosby guilt evidence, but prattled on endlessly about the lying Cosby accuser, it is fair to say that you would correctly be seen as just carrying water for the rapist.

You would point to the lying accuser and say, “Why won’t you realize the danger to the criminal process for folks to allow cut outs to disseminate liar facts to a broad audience?” But that is bullshit masking your goal - a defense of Cosby by ignoring the mountain of guilt evidence by playing games with the one weak link. A link that is superfluous to the main point: Cosby is a serial rapist.

Trump conspired with Putin’s surrogates to gain an election advantage. Mueller followed that evidence to Russia, and absent Barr’s lying summary as cover, Trump should have been impeached.

None of that involves Steele. So why do you persist defending Cosby?

There was a lot of things that went on in the public sphere about this but what eventually convinced me there was nothing really there was testimony by Clapper/Lynch/Yates saying that no, they never saw any evidence of collusion.  I'm sure someone will attack Taibbi but that does not take away that people that would know what went on said the below things under oath.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/aaugh-a-brief-list-of-official-russia

More than Circumstantial Evidence” for collision, Meet The Press, March 22, 2017. The ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Adam Schiff, was asked by Chuck Todd on Meet the Press if he only had a circumstantial case for collusion against Donald Trump.

“Actually no, Chuck,” he said. “I can tell you that the case is more than that and I can't go into the particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now.”

Schiff never had such evidence, and never explained what he meant. Moreover, in secret testimony, he would repeatedly seek confirmation of his public statements, and would repeatedly be shot down. In July of 2017, he asked former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper if such evidence existed. Clapper said he “never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting/conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election.” Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch later said, “I don't recall anything being briefed up to me.” Former Deputy AG Sally Yates said of her knowledge of the state of the case at the time she left office in early 2017, “We were at the fact-gathering stage, not the concluding stage.”

The continued use of Adam Schiff as a reliable source, when he repeatedly proved unreliable, was one of the major problems with Russia coverage during this period.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc7ff15d8-2d36-4c50-9600-a2a05ea573c6_640x101.png

• 1 month later...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/15/kremlin-papers-appear-to-show-putins-plot-to-put-trump-in-white-house

The key meeting took place on 22 January 2016, the papers suggest, with the Russian president, his spy chiefs and senior ministers all present.

They agreed a Trump White House would help secure Moscow’s strategic objectives, among them “social turmoil” in the US and a weakening of the American president’s negotiating position.

Russia’s three spy agencies were ordered to find practical ways to support Trump, in a decree appearing to bear Putin’s signature.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:36 AM, babysdaddy said:

There was a lot of things that went on in the public sphere about this but what eventually convinced me there was nothing really there was testimony by Clapper/Lynch/Yates saying that no, they never saw any evidence of collusion.  I'm sure someone will attack Taibbi but that does not take away that people that would know what went on said the below things under oath.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/aaugh-a-brief-list-of-official-russia

More than Circumstantial Evidence” for collision, Meet The Press, March 22, 2017. The ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Adam Schiff, was asked by Chuck Todd on Meet the Press if he only had a circumstantial case for collusion against Donald Trump.

“Actually no, Chuck,” he said. “I can tell you that the case is more than that and I can't go into the particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now.”

Schiff never had such evidence, and never explained what he meant. Moreover, in secret testimony, he would repeatedly seek confirmation of his public statements, and would repeatedly be shot down. In July of 2017, he asked former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper if such evidence existed. Clapper said he “never saw any direct empirical evidence that the Trump campaign or someone in it was plotting/conspiring with the Russians to meddle with the election.” Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch later said, “I don't recall anything being briefed up to me.” Former Deputy AG Sally Yates said of her knowledge of the state of the case at the time she left office in early 2017, “We were at the fact-gathering stage, not the concluding stage.”

The continued use of Adam Schiff as a reliable source, when he repeatedly proved unreliable, was one of the major problems with Russia coverage during this period.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc7ff15d8-2d36-4c50-9600-a2a05ea573c6_640x101.png

Okay, Trumpkin. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

Too bad we never got Donald Trump under oath.

And there was a time that Rudy Giuliani was arguing that Bill Clinton only testified for three hours so Trump shouldn’t have to testify any longer then that. Then his more responsible lawyers said he couldn’t be trusted not to lie so he had to receive his questions in written form. And of course they doctored every answer. And of course Trump lied when he said he didn’t know about the 6/9/16 meeting in Trump Tower between representatives of the Russian government and Paul Manafort, Jared Kushner, and Don Jr. Trump even crafted the lie to cover it up on Air Force One. He’s a mobster. He’s guilty of collusion with the Russians and got away with obstruction of justice. He’s a traitor to his country and should hang.

And yet if Jim Comey would’ve kept his fat mouth shut then Trump probably would’ve never been elected. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Okay, Trumpkin. 

Why does that make me a Trumpkin, in your mind? I actually want to understand how you think. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

And there was a time that Rudy Giuliani was arguing that Bill Clinton only testified for three hours so Trump shouldn’t have to testify any longer then that. Then his more responsible lawyers said he couldn’t be trusted not to lie so he had to receive his questions in written form. And of course they doctored every answer. And of course Trump lied when he said he didn’t know about the 6/9/16 meeting in Trump Tower between representatives of the Russian government and Paul Manafort, Jared Kushner, and Don Jr. Trump even crafted the lie to cover it up on Air Force One. He’s a mobster. He’s guilty of collusion with the Russians and got away with obstruction of justice. He’s a traitor to his country and should hang.

And yet if Jim Comey would’ve kept his fat mouth shut then Trump probably would’ve never been elected. 

Did you know that the Russian lawyer you mentioned, Veselnitskaya was working with Fusion GPS? Did you know she’d had dinner with Glenn Simpson, both the day before and the day after the meeting? Does that give you any second thoughts at all?

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’d put the odds of Anastasis ever reading the Mueller Report or this book at 0%.

I don't know about the book, but I know he read the report, or at least most of it.  I read it, and we had a lot of discussions about content and implication.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

Waiting for the treatise from Anastasis about how its a nothingburger.

He’s trying to figure out how to use the term “brain worms” label on this one. 

Not that everything in that article was completely fucking obvious from the jump. So in a sense it is kind of a nothing burger. At least it should be unless you’re a totally naive moron with his head in the sand. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

That news presser w/ Vlad still might be the one thing (prior to the Big Lie) that pissed me off most.  

I never thought I'd see a U. S. President be a complete cuckold to a Soviet/Russian Premier, in front of the entire Earth, in my life.  

Completely embarrassing and pathetic.  

Well I never thought this country would elect such a completely obvious moron to be president. But apparently we did and almost did again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Not that everything in that article was completely fucking obvious from the jump. So in a sense it is kind of a nothing burger. At least it should be unless you’re a totally naive moron with his head in the sand. 

This could be said about pretty much everything that has happened in the past 6 years. It’s unbelievable. 

9 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

That news presser w/ Vlad still might be the one thing (prior to the Big Lie) that pissed me off most.  

I never thought I'd see a U. S. President be a complete cuckold to a Soviet/Russian Premier, in front of the entire Earth, in my life.  

Donald Trump could’ve stood in the center of Berlin and said, “Mr. Putin, rebuild this wall,” and his supporters would’ve cheered.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

The real cool thing is how many people fell for the obvious bullshit that was Barr's letter purporting to summarize Mueller's report.

Barr is a traitor and should hang and even he acknowledged that Trump lost the 2020 election. I’m just amazed by the world we’re living in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’d put the odds of Anastasis ever reading the Mueller Report or this book at 0%.

I've read the Mueller report from cover to cover. I accept his findings.  To the extent that I would criticize the investigattion, I think that the stones unturned are interesting and enlightening. The book by Isikoff and Corn, nah. I do remember however their roles in propagating Steele's nonsense.

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

Waiting for the treatise from Anastasis about how its a nothingburger.

Are you referring to the piece by Luke Harding?  Yeah, I would take a critical posture.  But unlike some of you, I recall his big whiffs. I'd like to see the reporting get some validation from other sources.  But maybe I am the only one that remembers his reporting on Manafort visiting Assange at the embassy.  Pretty embarrassing. I'd like to think at this point that some of you guys would have learned to think critically about this stuff, but am not surprised to be disappointed.

If you don't want to hear it from me, you can read Bump's piece in WaPo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/15/blockbuster-document-purportedly-kremlin-raises-lots-questions-about-itself/

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

He should have been removed from office after Helsinki.  He should have been impeached based on Vol 2 of Mueller. I mean, that would have been my take if I read the thing. 

So I've read the guardian piece.  I'll offer this wager to the established CR posters here. If the Harding reporting is independently corroborated by at least two major media outlets within the next 30 days, I wont post in the CR for the next 6 months. If it is not independently corroborated by at least two major media outlets in that time frame, you take a 6 month CR vacation. 

Any takers?

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Donald Trump could’ve stood in the center of Berlin and said, “Mr. Putin, rebuild this wall,” and his supporters would’ve cheered.

"See? We told you that he was going to keep his promise about that wall..." 

Edited by NWBuck

I will consider proposals for alternate specifications on the wager (e.g. $2500 to mutually agreed non political charity like mobile loaves and fishes for independent corroboration of reporting w/i 30d in NYT, WP, or CNN). 

Edited by Anastasis

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yes I do. Great organization. No bet on this one though. Sitting it out. 

Smart play to sit this one out. I realize that the confidence levels and related belligerence exuded here dry up quite a bit when staking some skin on it is in play.  

Edited by Anastasis
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best
Rob Goldstone

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

Best,
Don

• Rage+1 1

Not shocked at all by anything that I read in the indictments of the DNC lawyer or Steele's primary source.  I've been telling you guys some of this shit for a while just as an observer that kept up with the source material wrt to the inter-related dossier and alfa bank plays. Pages out the playbook put into into motion by DNC lawyers and a web of their political operatives. It's just too bad that few of you can be honest with yourselves about how badly you were duped. Some of the more belligerent such as @suddenly shaggy knew when to cut and disappear. Others just continue to wallow in deflection. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2