The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Jimmy, I don't know why you're still engaging with Anastasis on this. He's not acting in good faith here. 

Well, that's why I posted this last night . . . but I got sucked back in this morning.  I need to follow my own advice better.

I don't know why y'all continue to engage @Anastasis on this.  The overarching concern for most decent Americans is whether or not Trump or his campaign worked with Russians to undermine Hillary Clinton's campaign.

The answer is overwhelmingly "yes".

He continues to point at aspects of the investigation that either were not pursued or did not pan out as "evidence" of the contrary.  This is because he is a Trump-aligned "Libertarian" bootlicker.  You keep falling for it.  Stop.

• Hook 'Em 1

A real Libertarian would hate Trump.  Real Libertarians do not support tariffs.  Real Libertarians believe in the free movement of capital and labor (i.e. basically open borders).  If you have Libertarian leanings, one of the things you believe government should spend their money on is infrastructure.  It amazes me how many people say they lean Libertarian and then are complete morons about what Libertarians actually believe in.  Note, most people running as Libertarians are not.

• Hook 'Em 4

I mean, like 75% of libertarians are just conservatives who want to smoke weed. Another 10% are just conservatives who oppose age of consent laws. The remaining 15% are conservatives with really weird ideas about money.*

*I made these percentages up and really, there's a lot of overlap.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Y’all are aware that every time someone bumps this thread that Anastasis is legally obligated to post in it. Surly asked me to review their contract with him and it is air tight on that point. Gets a bonus if he works in “brain worms” at least once a month. 

I'm not sure his promise to post in this thread is adequate consideration. You know, given its complete lack of value.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

No, it's not funny.  You continue to ignore the clear evidence of Trump and his campaign conspiring with Russia with this #whatabout angle. 

A poster posted an article regarding the indictment of Steele's primary source on a series of charges related to lying to the FBI, and a group of posters chime in with a cacophony of whatabouttfg's rather than even consider or discuss the implications of the content of that indictment. I point out that there was nothing particularly surprising in that indictment or the one of the DNC lawyer cause much of it is stuff I told y'all years ago about the plays that were being run by the political operatives. buT wHaTabOuTiSm.

I accept the findings of the Mueller report.  Both sections 1 and 2. Some of you guys seem to really struggle with that, and then go into seizures when I point out a couple areas that clearly should have been probed as part of that investigation but were not. I am sure that is just totally coincidental that the lowering of the seizure threshold around here is correlated to roads that lead back the the DNC playbook of stoking misinformation and spreading disinformation from Russians to influence the election and it's aftermath.  

Edited by Anastasis

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

A poster posted an article regarding the indictment of Steele's primary source on a series of charges related to lying to the FBI, and a group of posters chime in with a cacophony of whatabouttfg's rather than even consider or discuss the implications of the content of that indictment.

a visual representation of Surly Leftists.

62c04841-679b-498f-ab40-029f0147d2ad_tex

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

A poster posted an article regarding the indictment of Steele's primary source on a series of charges related to lying to the FBI, and a group of posters chime in with a cacophony of whatabouttfg's rather than even consider or discuss the implications of the content of that indictment. I point out that there was nothing particularly surprising in that indictment or the one of the DNC lawyer cause much of it is stuff I told y'all years ago about the plays that were being run by the political operatives. buT wHaTabOuTiSm.

I accept the findings of the Mueller report.  Both sections 1 and 2. Some of you guys seem to really struggle with that, and then go into seizures when I point out a couple areas that clearly should have been probed as part of that investigation but were not. I am sure that is just totally coincidental that the lowering of the seizure threshold around here is correlated to roads that lead back the the DNC playbook of stoking misinformation and spreading disinformation from Russians to influence the election and it's aftermath.  

The DNC hired a British operative that was fed Russian propaganda and lies, which lead to the DNC spreading Russian disinformation to influence the election.

The Trump campaign gave polling data directly to Russian operatives in an effort to influence the election. 

Both are bad, which is worse and why?

Before you spend a few paragraphs explaining why both are bad, are you capable of recognizing why one is inherently worse?

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The DNC hired a British operative that was fed Russian propaganda and lies, which lead to the DNC spreading Russian disinformation to influence the election.

The Trump campaign gave polling data directly to Russian operatives in an effort to influence the election. 

Before you spend a few paragraphs explaining why both are bad, are you capable of recognizing why one is inherently worse?

Slap Bears Stop It GIF - Slap Bears Stop It - Discover & Share GIFs

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Communication of plan and strategy that was going on directly with Kilimnik by Gates and Manafort. 

The meeting below discussed is in May. https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/report_volume5.pdf page 80 of the report, 94 of the PDF:

"At the meeting, Manafort walked Kilimnik through the internal polling data from Fabrizio in detail.453 According to Gates, Kilimnik wanted to know how Trump could win.454 Manafort explained his strategy in the battleground states and told Kilimnik about polls that identified voter bases in blue-collar, democratic-leaning states which Trump could swing.455 Manafort said these voters could be reached by Trump on issues like economics, but the Campaign needed to implement a ground game.456 Gates recalled that Manafort further discussed the "battleground" states of Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota.457"

It's pretty clear, to me, he was doing what he was doing in order to inflate his value and try to collect on $10mm in owed debts from Ukrainian oligarchs given he was broke. In my opinion, his goal was not "share info in order to influence the election" although I don't think intent matters much here.  The Trump campaign literally did zero vetting to understand Manafort's significant liability given his financial situation. 

The question is, of course, was Manafort doing this with Trump's knowledge/blessing?  I don't think that was ever answered and as I understand it, within a day or 2 of Trump's first national security briefing in August, Manafort was out.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

The question is, of course, was Manafort doing this with Trump's knowledge/blessing? 

That's the question if you lend credence to Trump's narrative that Trump's own DOJ establishing the Mueller investigation was somehow a Democratic witch hunt designed exclusively to nab him. And yes, when Mueller allows Trump to be questioned under oath via a take-home, open-book questionnaire that his lawyers are able to assist with, and returns an incomplete list of answers that Mueller testified under oath were "generally dishonest", meaning, as I understand "generally", greater than 50 percent lies-

Yup. Be pretty hard to eliminate plausible deniability, even though the very act of typing that makes me doesitthough.gif

It doesn't matter as it pertains to whether the Mueller investigation was worthwhile. It uncovered a shitload of crime the Drain That Swamp crowd was participating in.

If every lead not panning out or being alleged to be falsified warrant an investigation, let the investigation into the Benghazi investigationS, which turned up jack, begin. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Incredulity said:

a visual representation of Surly Leftists.

62c04841-679b-498f-ab40-029f0147d2ad_tex

I like how a bunch of former republicans who voted for W are now considered “leftists.” Just shows how far radical right the republicans have become. I bet Hitler in hell is saying you guys have gone too far right.

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

oh.... I love this one.  The conservative bonafides of Surly Leftists.  Tell it again.

LOL.

There is nothing at all conservative about the Republican Party now.

Insurrection out front shoulda told a ya.

Edited by JimmyJames

12 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

oh.... I love this one.  The conservative bonafides of Surly Leftists.  Tell it again.

LOL.

Touche', Incredulity. The deft, out-of-nowhere chess move of "LOL" blows the cover on the at least 3 message board iterations long game going back multiple decades of posters voting for the GOP, posting for the GOP, and working for GOP campaigns. 

Have a Fresca. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Touche', Incredulity. The deft, out-of-nowhere chess move of "LOL" blows the cover on the at least 3 message board iterations long game going back multiple decades of posters voting for the GOP, posting for the GOP, and working for GOP campaigns. 

Have a Fresca. 

Yes, it’s a conspiracy, don’t you get it?  So obvious. 

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Have a Fresca. 

He thinks let’s go Brandon is clever,as does 90 percent of the Republican Party. Just think about that. 

It has become the party of idiots all jumping off a cliff because dear leader told them to.

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Oh, fuck.  why didn't you say so. 

Hornfan McHorn worked on a Republican campaign 2 decades ago...  shit... Universal Healthcare, UBI and 95% tax rates it is.

Oh so you mean they do have actual conservative bonafides like working for Republican politicians? 

Also there is not a single credible argument against universal healthcare.

Roosevelt, Truman, Nixon, Kennedy, Johnson, Ford, and Carter. All of those guys had 70%+ tax rates while president. I guess those guys are all super liberal huh? Fucking dunce

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

mXx.gif

A phrase leftists were wetting themselves over, "taking back" with Thank You, Brandon.   

pretty fuckin good.

Oh, fuck.  why didn't you say so. 

Hornfan McHorn worked on a Republican campaign 2 decades ago...  shit... Universal Healthcare, UBI and 95% tax rates it is.

TIL FDR was a conservative.

Well done.

Your words chucko.

Was FDR signed up as Burnt Horny on one of the old sites?

I'm just excited to learn about 

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

what's the opposite of "super liberal"?

Derp. 

can someone call in a welfare check on Incredulity?  I think he may be broken. 

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Definitely more plausible deniability in the first case. More proof HRC is way smarter than Trump. 

18 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Definitely more plausible deniability in the first case. More proof HRC is way smarter than Trump. 

And surrounded by much better lawyers to execute the play, by orders of magnitude.

At least some here are acknowledging that both were bad, which is a far ways from the days back when I was told that everything on one side was 100% by the book, and I was a crazy trumpkin bootlicker for suggesting the political play being run through the various lawyer screens and cutouts, and suggesting that an audit of how that information was used by the FBI was going to find serious problems with it's handling in those halls. All those things are now well resolved as facts. 

37 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

It's not at all unheard of for political campaigns or intelligence agencies to disseminate disinformation favorable to their opponents so when it's seized upon and publicized by their opponents or allies they can point to the very things they know are untrue, knowing that a significant chunk of the electorate will be swayed by the If-100-%-of-leads-aren't-legit, You-must-acquit fallacy. 

Is that's  what's going on here? Fuck if I know.

Does it matter? Nope. Even Anastasis accepts that. 

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

33 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

It's not at all unheard of for political campaigns or intelligence agencies to disseminate disinformation favorable to their opponents so when it's seized upon and publicized by their opponents or allies they can point to the very things they know are untrue, knowing that a significant chunk of the electorate will be swayed by the If-100-%-of-leads-aren't-legit, You-must-acquit fallacy. 

Is that's  what's going on here? Fuck if I know.

Does it matter? Nope. Even Anastasis accepts that. 

Is it common to hire (former) foreign spy chiefs to gather the disinformation from a third country hostile to the US’s interests? This is the first I’ve ever seen 

When the dossier first became public knowledge, npr had the former Moscow cia station chief on and asked him about the veracity/reliability of the dossier. He said that there would be some true info and some planted falsehoods, mixed so you would not know which was which. He also said all info given to Steele was likely vetted by the Kremlin. He also said Steele would have known this to be the case when he compiled the info. 

Do you honestly believe the parties paying for this info would not be aware of that? Do you honestly believe that HRC and the highest levels of her campaign were unaware of what was happening?

Edited by Sawbonz

39 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Is it common to hire (former) foreign spy chiefs to gather the disinformation from a third country hostile to the US’s interests? This is the first I’ve ever seen 

I'm going to go out on limb here and plant a flag on the hill that says that would likely be more common in the sphere of espionage, deception and trade dealing

than

a sitting US president dismissing the consensus of the US intelligence community's conclusion, confirmed by his own DOJ-appointed Mueller investigation, and re-confirmed by the GOP-chaired Senate Intel Committee with a Paul Ryan-Kevin McCarthy recording cherry on top,

....and instead....

stating he places more trust in a former KGB agent whom he can't bring himself to condemn for murdering his domestic critics when pinkos like Bill O'Reilly prompt him,

and there still being a cacophony of crickets to even attempt to explain why that is.

Not even a stab.

Yup. Think I'm going gauge one of those way more likely than the other.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I'm going to go out on limb here and plant a flag on the hill that says that would likely be more common in the sphere of espionage, deception and trade dealing

But we’re talking about a political campaign, not any of those things

Trumps reaction, particularly as displayed in Helsinki, was in no way normal. Welcome the world of cluster b personality disorders. He should have been removed from office after that display, being a severely brain damaged narcissist with clear and undeniable functional impairment. But “what about the orange narcissist”. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

...and political campaigns from both sides of the aisle hire opposition research who employ those with espionage backgrounds. 

I think the difference is the use of foreigners. I’m not sure but I think that is what runs afoul of election law.