The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Pods said:

Yup, I've been saying that since the day Rosenstein appointed Mueller. I'm surprised it's taken Trump this long. As bad as his White House people have been, they've kept Trump from being far worse. Now that Trump has taken over, I expect he'll surround himself with enough YES men to do whatever he tells them. 

The Republic hangs on the 2018 and 2020 elections. 

The Republic is already dead.  You're just mistaking the body still twitching for a sign of life.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And as dumb as DOTUS is, I don't think he takes the bait.  He isn't going to sit down with Mueller.

He's going to fire him.

And Congress will act with all of the vertebrae they possess -- ZERO.  They will do nothing.

That's when you can put a fork in the Republic.

Gonna have to disagree here. 

I don't think Trump is going to fire Mueller although he will try to interfere , undermine, and discredit as much as possible via the media and his minions. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Gonna have to disagree here. 

I don't think Trump is going to fire Mueller although he will try to interfere , undermine, and discredit as much as possible via the media and his minions. 

Trump is not dumb.  Well, he IS, but he's not completely dumb.

There are three elements of any analysis that goes on in Trump's brain:

1- do I want to do it?

2- can I get away with it?

3-THEN DO IT!

When the answer to element 2, for pretty much every possible action imaginable, is "YES!", then we're fucked.

There are no checks on the executive.  Just the judiciary and the press, and the judiciary is limited in its power, and he's doing his best to destroy the press.  Congress is a non-factor.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Trump is not dumb.  Well, he IS, but he's not completely dumb.

There are three elements of any analysis that goes on in Trump's brain:

1- do I want to do it?

2- can I get away with it?

3-THEN DO IT!

When the answer to element 2, for pretty much every possible action imaginable, is "YES!", then we're fucked.

There are no checks on the executive.  Just the judiciary and the press, and the judiciary is limited in its power, and he's doing his best to destroy the press.  Congress is a non-factor.

Because firing James Comey worked out real well for him. 

Firing Mueller doesn't stop the investigation, at all. 

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

A small part of me wants him to fire Mueller. 

The backfire for the GOP and Trump might be worth it. 

Republicans have bent over and taken it so many times from Trump without a word that I wonder if the worse happened would they even say anything.

Edited by Washpark

8 minutes ago, Washpark said:

Republicans have bent over and taken it so many times from Trump without a word that I wonder if the worse happened would they even say anything.

Doesn’t matter.  If Trump fires Mueller before the midterms, a small blue wave becomes a Noah’s ark tsunami hurricane unless the republicans move quickly to remove Trump.  

There won’t be a party over country issue. It will be a survival over extinction issue for the GOP and they know it.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Doesn’t matter.  If Trump fires Mueller before the midterms, a small blue wave becomes a Noah’s ark tsunami hurricane unless the republicans move quickly to remove Trump.  

There won’t be a party over country issue. It will be a survival over extinction issue for the GOP and they know it.

Without going all Brisket on you, I don't have that much faith.  I think the populace in general is numb and it will be difficult to generate that "wave".

I agree with JJ.  Based upon what evidence is there any indication the congressional GOP will do anything because of Trump?  Their only motivation is re-election; as such, the only really scare they're paying attention to took the form of special election flips.   Unless there is signficant change to to the base on Trump, the GOP ain't gonna do anything with regard to Trump firing Mueller OR Trump being impeached (or proven worthy of impeachment) before the Fall.

Edited by ohchaucer

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Without going all Brisket on you, I don't have that much faith.  I think the populace in general is numb and it will be difficult to generate that "wave".

If Trump fires Mueller without just cause, there will be people in the streets.  Riots, protest, and the media will be there to capture it all.  

The “resistance” has been preparing to mobilize for this for a while now.  It will get ugly as it should because Trump firing Mueller without consequences is full blown overt tyranny in practice.

20 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

I agree with JJ.  Based upon what evidence is there any indication the congressional GOP will do anything because of Trump?  Their only motivation is re-election; as such, the only really scare they're paying attention to took the form of special election flips.   Unless there is signficant change to to the base on Trump, the GOP ain't gonna do anything with regard to Trump firing Mueller OR Trump being impeached (or proven worthy of impeachment) before the Fall.

If you've been paying attention, Congressional GOP aren't doing anything about Trump, but they aren't seeking re-election either. 

Record setting GOP announcing abandonment of re-election right now.  The gig is up and they know it.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Brisket, can you please not pollute another board with your faux apocalyptic bullshit?  

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

48 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think there will be a mildly furious premature ejaculation of "we cannot abide this" and then 2/3 of those people will stay home on election day.

Dude.

Dude.

I hate to break it to you....but you ARE going "all Brisket" on this.  I'm just more direct about it.  You're saying exactly what I'm saying.  Congress can't/won't save us.  The people can't/won't save us.

Unless you've got some sort of inside info about the Superfriends coming to the rescue...that means we're fucked.

Wonder_Twin_Powers_Activate_5653.jpg

Form of....an ICE IMPEACHMENT!

Form of....an owl or some other useless fucking bird!

• Like 2

You act as if there's going to be a free and fair election in 2018. After Russia hacked into voter rolls in many states with zero consequences, kobach collected lists of voters with Hispanic names, and there's no paper backup trail. Oh and extreme gerrymandering so dems need to win by over 10 points to take over the house.

Well, there are differences in our points of view.  For one thing, I don't think it takes a "tsunami" to flip Congress, and certainly not the House.  Beyond that, I don't think that 2018 or 2020 will mirror 2016 at the polls.  "We" learned in 2016 that the popular vote isn't enough.  Throw in a Parkland-motivated youth movement this fall and watch out.  The overall numbers may not shock, but the net gains in Congress could be substantial.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

You act as if there's going to be a free and fair election in 2018. After Russia hacked into voter rolls in many states with zero consequences, kobach collected lists of voters with Hispanic names, and there's no paper backup trail. Oh and extreme gerrymandering so dems need to win by over 10 points to take over the house.

We shall see.  The Russians are loyal to no one. They want the United States embroiled in turmoil and chaos. They’re not republicans or democrats. They will get what they can out of Trump and discard him like a used condom.  A blue wave and subsequent impeachment isn’t exactly “good” for the United States.  

Russia likes this.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We shall see.  The Russians are loyal to no one. They want the United States embroiled in turmoil and chaos. They’re not republicans or democrats. They will get what they can out of Trump and discard him like a used condom.  A blue wave and subsequent impeachment isn’t exactly “good” for the United States.  

Russia likes this.

Russia likes this as long as the GOP keeps the Senate. They are playing with fire. A woke USA, EU and UK could make life really unpleasant for him. I have decent hopes for the latter two. 

Edited by Pods

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude.

Dude.

I hate to break it to you....but you ARE going "all Brisket" on this.  I'm just more direct about it.  You're saying exactly what I'm saying.  Congress can't/won't save us.  The people can't/won't save us.

Unless you've got some sort of inside info about the Superfriends coming to the rescue...that means we're fucked.

Wonder_Twin_Powers_Activate_5653.jpg

Form of....an ICE IMPEACHMENT!

Form of....an owl or some other useless fucking bird!

Jesus, Brisket, owls are fucking awesome. 

2 minutes ago, Pods said:

Just wait until I publish my owl research. I've got a really cool idea I'm testing and trying to figure out how to mathematically model. 

Owls and math?  You've got my interest.

It's a follow-up project on one I'm working on now, so it's going to be a few years most likely. I've got some ideas, but they're still too crude and I need to finish the other project first. There's a chance I can bump it up if my buddy who is insanely good at math can figure out a way to model it though.

Edited by Pods
That's if I'm right, which I think I am. I could be wrong though, no one has ever suggested the idea, so there is zero existing data to look at. If I'm right, I'll probably get in National Geographic again and I'll post the link.

I'm really good at math.

Here, lemme help.

Use + if you want to model things that get bigger... And also x sometimes.

Use - for smaller.

Use / for some things that make things smaller somehow

Could be completely unrelated but I felt it was important to note this development 

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/04/rudy-and-judith-giuliani-to-divorce/

Rudy Giuliani and his wife Judith are divorcing after 15 years of marriage, the former New York mayor has exclusively confirmed to Page Six.

Giuliani, who married Judith in 2003, said, “It is with great sadness I can confirm that Judith and I are divorcing. We hope to do this as amicably as possible, and hope that people will respect the privacy of our children at this time.”

Judith just filed a contested divorce proceeding in Manhattan Supreme Court, meaning she is expecting a fight over their assets.

Rudy, 73, and Judith, 63, both have adult children from previous marriages. He has Andrew and Caroline with his second wife, Donna Hanover. 

Registered nurse Judith has a daughter, Whitney, from her marriage to Bruce Nathan, which ended in 1992. 

This was the third marriage for both. 

Confirming that Judith has filed for divorce, Rudy added to Page Six, “In these divorce situations, you cannot place blame, it is 50/50, there are problems on both sides. We will have to divide our properties in New York and Palm Beach.”

14 minutes ago, SKJ said:

I'm really good at math.

Here, lemme help.

Use + if you want to model things that get bigger... And also x sometimes.

Use - for smaller.

Use / for some things that make things smaller somehow

Mix in an integral or two and I think we're there.