Give me your all time fav QB, RB, WR, and TE

hundredTT

College or pro. But it cannot be from your alma-mater or favorite team. 

Michael Vick: Loved him at Vtech, and besides his great plays, loves his comeback story. 

Barry Sanders: Always been a Dallas Cowboys fan, but he made juking legit. Many recesses spent doing his moves. 

Calvin Johnson: Would literally watch GT because of him. Best WR I’ve ever seen besides Rice. 

Tony Gonzalez: Ultimate beast, and with shitty teams. I know people Kelce is amazing, but if Gonzalez had Mahomes during his Chiefs tenure....mother of god. 

Edited by hundredTT
  • Hook 'Em 1

Probably Russell Wilson at QB. RB I honestly might have to say AP even though it's bound to rub people the wrong way. WR I'd probably go Calvin, too. A lot of WRs I love though. I'd throw Moss, Fitz, Julio all in there. TE I'd say Vernon Davis.

Breaking the rules:

Vince. Deshaun climbing closer and closer, though.

Ricky

Courtland Sutton (who I like watching succeed the most); Shipley or Cosby (who's given me the most joy watching them)

David Thomas or Jason Witten. I didn't include Cowboys under the given criteria because I've watched a lot of their games and been a fan at various points. 

Edited by ztejas

Weird concept, eliminating ones alma mater. I'm going to include them anyway.

QB: Farve (Vince. If you say anyone else you're either older than 70, or wrong)

RB: Barry Sanders (Ricky because I was in college for his Heisman year, and on the field for that A&M game, but Ced for what he meant to our leap into a national title contender)

WR: Megatron (Mike Adams for my formative high school years watching the horns win some games they shouldn't, Roy Williams for that freshman campaign, and Jordan Shipley because Jordan Shipley)

TE: Tony Gonzales, who made every Rob Gronkowski possible (David Thomas. If you say anyone else you're either older than 70, or wrong).

1 hour ago, hundredTT said:

The Dude does not abide.

Ken Stabler

Jerry Rice

Earl Campbell

Shannon Sharpe

I remember digging through the newspaper (remember that horrible thing) on Sunday morning looking for a stat line for Mississippi Valley State.   

You dumbfucks are ruining a good thread not sticking to the parameters. 

edit:

Mahomes - GOAT in waiting - flawless other than the gender reveal shit

Barry Sanders - act like you’ve been there - always did

Rice - act like you’ve been there - always did

Tony G - the first great modern TE (apologies to Novacek) 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1

QB: Peyton Manning. For a guy without the great physical attributes, his knowledge of the game was arguably unmatched.

RB: LaDanian Tomlinson. PS, powder blues easily my favorite alternate uniform

WR: Larry Fitzgerald. Watching this guy was like witchcraft. Went on that touchdown streak in college and helped a historical doormat get to the super bowl. And dude just doesn't drop anything.

TE: Tony G. Without question. His numbers are better than most WR in an era before spread offenses really started to catch on in the NFL.

Breaking the rules:

QB: VY. "Let you nuts hang bitches". Legendary.

RB:  Probably Cedric, but really loved watching Jamaal Charles play too

WR: Jordan Shipley. The only time that an old white guy with bum knees actually benefited us. Also, everyone knew he was getting the ball and it still wouldn't matter. His double move routes were clinical to watch.

TE: David Thomas. Seemed like he never dropped anything.

QB- John Elway

RB- (Earl is my favorite alltime player and fits your criteria but seems too easy) Darren Sproles

WR- Randy Moss

TE- Kellen Winslow( not fucking Junior)

ignoring the rules:

QB- Robert Hall... oh what he might have done in the Air Raid.

RB- Taurean Henderson- perfect back for Leach’s offense, yes I am disappointed by his legal troubles.

WR- Michael Crabtree in college.  Was MustSeeTV, and most often he delivered

TE- Bristol Olamua.  Was a load, and wreaked havoc on spread out defenses. Had hellova time staying healthy.

Edited by slorch

33 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

On this day in Alabama history: Bo Jackson was born - Alabama NewsCenter

Bo is my all-time fav and I don't have a strong opinion about other positions, but I'll say Randall Cunningham, Art Monk and Ozzie Newsome. 

And nobody asked about DBs, but I loved Darrell Green. (And yeah, I was a kid in the 80s.)

I almost listed Ozzie, but I loved Winslow on those Chargers teams.  When I tell my boys the Browns had some great teams back then, they just look at me like, ‘WTF is Dad talking about?”

+1 on Darrell Green even though he was on the hated Redskins.

16 hours ago, hundredTT said:

Michael Vick: Loved him at Vtech, and besides his great plays, loves his comeback story. 

Barry Sanders: Always been a Dallas Cowboys fan, but he made juking legit. Many recesses spent doing his moves. 

Calvin Johnson: Would literally watch GT because of him. Best WR I’ve ever seen besides Rice. 

Tony Gonzalez: Ultimate beast, and with shitty teams. I know people Kelce is amazing, but if Gonzalez had Mahomes during his Chiefs tenure....mother of god. 

I'm not going to play the "not from your alma mater" part but I'll at least avoid going with the "all time obvious best player from said alma mater" at the positions

QB: James Brown. Obviously Vince would be the pick here but Brown had that same swaggery "we can win any fucking game he starts" vibe to him, though obviously not the same level of talent.

RB: Phil Brown. I know this is a WTF pick but I think Brown might be among the most underrated Longhorns of all-time. In another offense, he could have been a 1500-yd rusher.

WR: Cris Carter. Boyhood hero.

TE: how about H-back, Frank Wycheck, the first guy to play that position when the Oilers went away from the run-n-shoot

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Hang on - you're talking about 6'6" Peyton Manning who had an absolute howitzer for an arm? He didn't have "great physical attributes"?

I mean, let's be real, 6'6" doesn't really mean jack. Plenty of tall QBs suck and plenty of short QBs have prospered.

But, granted, I should've made my point clearer regarding physical attributes. After his neck surgeries, his arm strength significantly diminished, but he still led his teams to two super bowls, winning one of them. That to me was really impressive and why I list him as one of my favorites.

Plus, he probably wouldn't even be able to beat closetojumping in a 40 yard dash.