OuSux would have scored there at the end

Jersey Man10

And? Throwing another TD on the board would do what for you? We were clearly going to win and we don’t need style points because we’re not sniffing any sort of playoff. The only people that care are the gamblers. WGAS what ou would do? 

Edited by Spankytoes

Not scoring was the correct football play.  If the Tech RB that broke that long TD run late had sat his ass down on the 1 yard line instead of scoring, they win that game and we don't.  Cade Brewer has a higher football IQ than Mensa Tom.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Not scoring was the correct football play.  If the Tech RB that broke that long TD run late had sat his ass down on the 1 yard line instead of scoring, they win that game and we don't.  Cade Brewer has a higher football IQ than Mensa Tom.

This literally just happened to Penn State. They would have had the first down that would have secured the victory, but the RB took the ball into the end zone anyway to go up by 8. And they just lost  in overtime.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hozz said:

If the Tech RB that broke that long TD run late had sat his ass down on the 1 yard line instead of scoring, they win that game and we don't. 

true.  I remember when brian westbrook did that against the cowboys one time.  I always respected him after that. 

Know the fucking situation man. Can’t always go by analytics, but this one was clear cut. In the 1994 game vs Colorado (aka “Horns D guarantees Rashaan Salaam the Heisman) Colorado was actively trying to score on running plays from the 2 with like 1:30 left and the game tied and somehow our D kept keeping them out. Should have let them walk into the end zone...

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 10/24/2020 at 6:59 PM, Jersey Man10 said:

That is why they have 5 fucking straight big 12 titles. Fuck you tom bunch of pussies.

Sept. 11, 1999

WACO, Texas - UNLV's Kevin Thomas returned a fumble 99-yard to score a touchdown with no time remaining as the Rebles upset Baylor 27-24 at Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco Saturday night.

The Bears led 24-21 with four seconds left on the clock when Darrell Bush was stripped on the goal line at the UNLV one yard line while trying to push his way to the endzone. But just when victory seemed assured, Rebel defensive back Thomas picked up the ball and returned it 99 yards for the touchdown as time expired.

"We were trying to create an atmospshere where we line up and get after people," coach Kevin Steele said of his decision not to have his quarterback take a knee on the game's final play. "We had been telling the players all week we needed to get after people. It was a one-in-a-million play, the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen."<

"It all rests right here," he added, pointing to himself. "It will go down in history as one of the great, 'Why did you do it?' questions."

So stunning was the game's final play, many doubted Thomas had pulled it off. The snap came with time running out and the Bears camped at the UNLV eight. With Bush struggling to score, the ball popped free at Thomas feet. He simply pick it up and took off to the offense's right.

His run in front of his own team's bench sent the Rebels pouring onto the field while the Bears stood stunned in disbelief.

5 hours ago, satyanash said:
It happened again! Todd Gurley scored a late TD instead of taking a knee at the 1, and the Falcons went on to lose to the Lions.
Always. Take. The. Knee.

Completely different situation. If Brewer scores, it’s a three-score game with less than 2 mins left and Baylor has zero timeouts. Atlanta was actually trailing at the time that Gurley scored. The Penn State one is the worst of the bunch — well, Baylor’s probably is — and I’m ok with that.

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

That cost me my league championship and $500 so I've always hated him for that

I vaguely remember that Westbrook play happening and I vaguely remember there being fantasy implications from it, so much so there were actual news articles written from a fantasy perspective the next day. And this was several years ago before FFL was hyped up like it is now. 

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Completely different situation. If Brewer scores, it’s a three-score game with less than 2 mins left and Baylor has zero timeouts. Atlanta was actually trailing at the time that Gurley scored. The Penn State one is the worst of the bunch — well, Baylor’s probably is — and I’m ok with that.

Agreed. The argument being made is, "Fuck looking nice. Run up the score and don't worry about their feelings. " 

Not, "Was it better to score or not score?"