NFL Week 7 thread

shadow_operative2.0

Yep, it’s the qb history and resume with him. Plus, he can actually hire good defensive coaches and draft good players on defense in the NFL. Not that it matters though. The whole NFL has turned into the Big12 when it comes to defense.

Turns out good offenses are really hard to stop after all.

16 minutes ago, slorch said:

He has consistently attracted and developed the QB position, regardless of level of team.  That is why he got the job, with it being the most critical relationship and catalyst towards success in the NFL.

The college gig didn't work out, but that's a long drawn out thread of another ilk. I still think it's very telling of how Kliff felt about the NFL when he was newly hired at USC as their OC and Trojan AD  Lynn Swann refused to let him talk about job prospects with the Jets and the Cardinals.  Kliff says, "Fuck you then, I quit"  Knowing he did not have the job with either team just because he showed up.  Kliff has always been gutsy, and he put it on the line bigtime while betting on himself.

He was a great player for Tech.  It didn't work out as a coach, but he's been damned good at what he does for longer than just a data point or two.

Not sure anybody disagrees with that - literally nobody.  It's still funny how you get forced from tech...then almost right after, you're named an OC at a blue blood telling your AD to fuck off because you're going to the NFL.  That's hilarious.  Even Kliff would laugh at it all.  

24 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’ve been team college for years... but damned if Texas can’t do shit, NDSU is basically playing freshman mode on NCAA football, and lack of contenders outside of the usual 5 has made it stale. I still love it, but if #2 vs #3 is a 17 pt game, then blah

NFL playoffs are going to be awesome!

Yep.  Tide is turning.  Like the NBA in a way.  The product is just so much better when it comes to competition and talent.