2022 Senate Elections

Ghost of LL

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I’m still skeptical grassley runs. I’m also rooting for some health issue to pop up if need be. He’s not going to serve all 6 years so he shouldn’t run.

They will make him run on his deathbed, I am convinced that the Rs will hold on to that seat, I mean how he survived this long is amazing 

14 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

They will make him run on his deathbed, I am convinced that the Rs will hold on to that seat, I mean how he survived this long is amazing 

This.

If the voters in Iowa wouldn't get rid of Jodi Ernst, they will not beat Grassley. Even though there are at least two good candidates on the Dem side, one of which is a farmer.

1 hour ago, Gengs1 said:

The New Hampshire senate race will be a close one, the Dems may lose that one, that is a weird state for voters  

Not wholly convinced Sununu runs. He’d be passing up an almost sure-fire re-election as Governor.  Opposite party governors always poll well early and then revert to partisan lean; see: Bullock 2020. NH shifted almost 7 points to the left between 16 and 20 at the presidential level.

Plus Hassan beat an extremely popular incumbent 5 years ago in what ended up being a not great night for Dems nationally. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nailin' Palin is putting feelers out for a Senate run next year.

https://www.newsweek.com/sarah-palin-alaska-senate-murkowski-god-wants-1614915

Given all of the batshit stuff over the past two years, she will win.

Trump already endorsed the Republican running against Murkowski. With RCV, 2 major GOP and Murkowski and a Dem would lead to some weird shit 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Trump already endorsed the Republican running against Murkowski. With RCV, 2 major GOP and Murkowski and a Dem would lead to some weird shit 

The Trump endorsement is married to a brown guy whose parents are African, and she doesn't have the name recognition that Palin does (she spent a lot of time in D.C. working for the government). She and her hubby are both Harvard Law grads.  Even though none of that should matter, I expect all of that to be a turn-off to some.

But Trump's endorsement is also an aggy, and that was on full display when, at Harvard, she wrote about homosexuals have a choice about their sexuality, lol.

Of course, Murkowski still has a shit-ton of name recognition, a fundraising machine, and still has her dad's reputation to trade on as well.

It would be just like Palin to jump in and beat the Harvard Law grad.

Edited by atomheartbevo

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-blog/gary-black-gets-tough-on-herschel-walker-in-2022-senate-bid/URESPTYDB5BODORVE2J7SHUKDE/?outputType=amp

The top Republican candidates for U.S. Senate in Georgia haven’t laid a glove on Herschel Walker, the football icon edging toward a possible run for the office. Until now.

Agriculture Secretary Gary Black, the most prominent Republican in the race, released a digital ad Monday mocking Walker’s flirtation with entering the race from his home in Texas

The ad pokes fun of a video posted on Walker’s social media that showed him in front of a car with a suspended Georgia license plate while he boasts he’s getting ready to “run with the big dogs.”

“I’m ready. I’ve been ready. And, Herschel, I already run with the big dogs,” Black said in the ad. “For fun, my ride’s a tractor. And I’ve had Georgia plates all my life.”

Popcorm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Feels like we may see a reverse of 2018, though I don’t think the GOP is flipping 40+ house seats. GOP takes house majority, Democrats net a senate seat or two. I like Democrats’ odds in PA and WI but think they may be a bit overconfident in GA. Though Warnock is an exceptional candidate and has a fighting chance. NC not out of the realm of possibility either.

24 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Feels like we may see a reverse of 2018, though I don’t think the GOP is flipping 40+ house seats. GOP takes house majority, Democrats net a senate seat or two. I like Democrats’ odds in PA and WI but think they may be a bit overconfident in GA. Though Warnock is an exceptional candidate and has a fighting chance. NC not out of the realm of possibility either.

It's highly unlikely, barring another massive realignment, of either party flipping 40+ seats, even with redistricting. 

In 2010, there were 48 McCain-Dem house seats (the beginning of the rural shift from Dem to GOP)
In 2018, there were 25 Clinton-GOP house seats (the continuing of the suburban shift from GOP to Dem)

In 2021, there are a single digit number of Biden-GOP and Trump-Dem House seats.  There's no room for a massive change.

There's also 2 GOP Senate seats in Biden states (WI and PA) and 0 Dem seats in Trump states.

Edited by Js1

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I have done no research here, but my initial gut is that Lamb is the most likely to win the Primary but Fetterman would stand the best chance in the general.

This. Lamb seems like the kind of guy that will raise a kajillion dollars from out of state, then get his ass handed to him by some red faced Trumpkin that riles up the blue collar types. 

On 7/31/2021 at 8:58 PM, atomheartbevo said:

The Trump endorsement is married to a brown guy whose parents are African, and she doesn't have the name recognition that Palin does (she spent a lot of time in D.C. working for the government). She and her hubby are both Harvard Law grads.  Even though none of that should matter, I expect all of that to be a turn-off to some.

But Trump's endorsement is also an aggy, and that was on full display when, at Harvard, she wrote about homosexuals have a choice about their sexuality, lol.

Of course, Murkowski still has a shit-ton of name recognition, a fundraising machine, and still has her dad's reputation to trade on as well.

It would be just like Palin to jump in and beat the Harvard Law grad.

Some of those Harvard Law grads suck ass.  Ted Cruz jumps to mind.  The dumbass bitch press secretary chick.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I want Fetterman to win and immediately be appointed D whip.  First order of business would be to get Munchkin and Dangerous Creature in a closed room and tell them, “Say you’re going to vote no just one more time you mother fuckers.”

Manchin is obviously dirty.  Fetterman would tell him he's either "in" or "out" and if he's out he better not have any secrets (narrator: he does) or things are going to get embarrassing pretty quickly.

Krysten, who fucking knows what's going on in her head.

This is a two-for-one on your bingo card - 2022 candidate + actual voter fraud in the same headline

https://www.ajc.com/politics/walkers-wife-voted-in-georgia-as-couple-lives-in-texas-records-show/YCYYMDRYXBBTPCHMQUN36HWEKE/

Potential Republican U.S. Senate candidate Herschel Walker and his wife live in Texas, but she voted in Georgia’s election for president last fall.

The absentee ballot cast by Julie Blanchard raises questions about whether she was allowed to vote in Georgia while living in Texas. It’s illegal for nonresidents to vote in Georgia in most circumstances.

On social media and in his rare public appearances, Walker has called for prosecutions of voter fraud, even though there’s no evidence of rampant abuse. And he’s promoted other false claims of voting irregularities by former President Donald Trump, who has encouraged him to enter the race.

“Play by the rules.....the American people demand ONLY LEGAL BALLOTS be counted. Anyone manipulating this election should be prosecuted,” Walker wrote on Twitter in November.

Election records show that Blanchard used her Atlanta address to return an absentee ballot, which she mailed in October from the couple’s residence in Westlake, Texas. Blanchard also owns a home near Buckhead.

“If we’re residents in both places, is that legally wrong?” Blanchard said when reached by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Monday. “If you have multiple homes, you can’t vote where you have a home?”

Quick everyone, buy a piece of shit house in Wisconsin, Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Nevada and Georgia so we can all cast multiple votes! 

“If we’re residents in both places, is that legally wrong?” Blanchard said when reached by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Monday. “If you have multiple homes, you can’t vote where you have a home?”

Just asking questions!

edit: no idea wtf is going on with the formatting here

Edited by Chuckie Finster