Trumps' Biggest Lie: Greatest Economy Ever

Neonmoon

I'm an investor like everyone else on shaggy. Not in the big swinging dick shaggy cigar club probably but I've got a decent pile in and out of retirement. I don't follow the markets obsessively and I don't know enough about the fed and economics etc to really speak intelligently about it, but the degree to which the market is completely disconnected from reality alarms me and makes me think my shit is going to deflate massively when the chickens come home to roost.

All of this, and it has been known since the beginning.

Shit, even the "increases" that he's taking credit for are a straight-line continuation of trends that were ongoing under Obama.  Trump got on an elevator already moving up, and then claimed credit for its continued ascent.

He's the Barry Switzer of presidents in so many ways.  Super Bowl ring and all.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, even the "increases" that he's taking credit for are a straight-line continuation of trends that were ongoing under Obama.  Trump got on an elevator already moving up, and then claimed credit for its continued ascent.

Not sure comparing to Switzer is correct.  Switzer was a known liar and cheater and Trump is.....hmmmm, I stand corrected.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Not sure comparing to Switzer is correct.  Switzer was a known liar and cheater and Trump is.....hmmmm, I stand corrected.

It really isn't correct -- lying and cheating aside, Switzer was 10X the executive that Trump has ever been.  But the whole "inherited a successful team/economy, gets the credit" metaphor was too easy to pass up.

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And that elevator, while still ascending, did deaccelerate.

How Obama and Trump administrations compare on unemployment - CNN Video(oops... I now see this graphic above was basically referenced in the clip the OP provided.)

Edited by yoladu

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

I'm an investor like everyone else on shaggy. Not in the big swinging dick shaggy cigar club probably but I've got a decent pile in and out of retirement. I don't follow the markets obsessively and I don't know enough about the fed and economics etc to really speak intelligently about it, but the degree to which the market is completely disconnected from reality alarms me and makes me think my shit is going to deflate massively when the chickens come home to roost.

The story goes, a passerby in Manhattan recognized and shouted out to ole J.P., "Hey Johnny-- what's the stock market gonna do?", to which he replied, "It will fluctuate.". 

And that's about what the MBA class "Advanced Finance Management" is all about. Don't let them tell you that you didn't use the pandemic to get smarter.

55 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

What everyone fails to realize is Democrats have such a good track record of stock market gains and job growth because their Republican predecessors invariably left an economy in ruins. You have to give the Republicans some of the credit for setting an easy starting point. 

Welp, only one way to go from here.