Zack Attack Is Back!

Herpa Derpa

On 10/28/2020 at 10:13 AM, 'stache said:

I can't deny that I'm interested, but I'm not paying for another fucking streaming service just for this show.

On 10/28/2020 at 2:16 PM, Wanker Bob said:

U no firestick?

23 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Three words. 

VPN

Downloader

Streamio

Y'all are overthinking this.  Peacock is free with ads.  You only pay for ad free.  I'm sure that will change like Hulu eventually did.

On 10/28/2020 at 11:53 AM, lateshow said:

Makes him slightly less creepy, I suppose. 

Well, I mean he's still working there slipping cheese into high school kids' pockets. This was only supposed to be part time to pay his way through magic school.  What happened, Max?

Edited by Tom
  • Haha 1

Max sold out and bailed on his dreams, they all did.  Except Slater, guy coaches wrestling at the one place he truly felt loved .  The man is as pure as his uniform is tight.  

ahem.  Excuse me.  Uh, how about that Kelly Morris?   Hmmmm?

Edited by Lobo

• 4 weeks later...

I say the following as a huge Saved by the Bell fan. Dennis Haskins, Principal Belding, was at the old Paradise location on West 6th during my 21st Birthday Party. He did hammer shots with my friends and I. It was awesome. 

The reboot should have happened 10 years ago on NBC Friday nights. All of the primary characters are currently approaching 50, and some didn’t make the Mario Lopez deal with the devil to suspend aging. Chase that with woke culture choices and here we are. 

The original was a show that celebrated being so bad it was great. 

• Haha 1

You talking about the Paradise on Dirty Sixth?  Used to be a hangout in the 90's?  

What the hell was Belding even doing there?  This sounds like a fun story.  Being Surly, I'm quite certain you asked him what Kelly Kapowski's dressing room smelled like.

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You talking about the Paradise on Dirty Sixth?  Used to be a hangout in the 90's?  

What the hell was Belding even doing there?  This sounds like a fun story.  Being Surly, I'm quite certain you asked him what Kelly Kapowski's dressing room smelled like.

I’ll try not to age myself here. While I was at UT, there was a Saved By The Bell Fan Club. The group would gather at 5 am to watch reruns. Haskins was in town for a meet and greet with the club. I guess college kids doing anything at 5 am is going to garner national attention. 

For some reason, he picked Paradise to have a drink afterwards. We instantly recognized him and begged him to hang out with us. He politely obliged and hammered shots with us. My picture with him was lost to the sands of time, but I swear on my mother it happened. 

My crew always started the night at Paradise on Dirty Sixth. They made some strong, cheap drinks and we knew the doorman so he was very lax on ID’s. 

There was once a sweet Real World style loft above Paradise. I definitely tried to rent it while I was a student, but I was probably beat out by some early Silicon Valley transplants. A bar group converted it a couple years later into an upstairs bar. I have no idea what the building is now. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Wait, he did a meet 'n greet with you guys at 5 A.M. and then you went to Paradise to drink with him afterwards?  Assuming you watched some shows with him and took some pics, that means you guys were drinking with a high school principal at what, 7:30 A.M.?  Holy shit.  Props to you and Belding.  That guy's aces in my book now.

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wait, he did a meet 'n greet with you guys at 5 A.M. and then you went to Paradise to drink with him afterwards?  Assuming you watched some shows with him and took some pics, that means you guys were drinking with a high school principal at what, 7:30 A.M.?  Holy shit.  Props to you and Belding.  That guy's aces in my book now.

That’s how I read it. 

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

Haha no. I think he met with the fan club earlier in the night. 

Under normal circumstances this club would meet at 5:00 (which is psychotic behavior for a bunch of college kids) to watch SBTB. This insanity put them on the radar of the Big Bopper. When a heavyweight like Belding comes around, the SBTB crew had a meet-and-greet held during normal person hours. And afterwards they got hammered.

That's my understanding.

I'd have kept watching if Peacock was free. My enjoyment was probably assisted by the low expectations this thread helped set

On 11/25/2020 at 8:10 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

I say the following as a huge Saved by the Bell fan. Dennis Haskins, Principal Belding, was at the old Paradise location on West 6th during my 21st Birthday Party. He did hammer shots with my friends and I. It was awesome. 

The reboot should have happened 10 years ago on NBC Friday nights. All of the primary characters are currently approaching 50, and some didn’t make the Mario Lopez deal with the devil to suspend aging. Chase that with woke culture choices and here we are. 

The original was a show that celebrated being so bad it was great. 

This. I liked the original, and the old lady LOVES all of them. So, I watched the first episode, and it was awfully. I mean the great part of the original and some of the college was that it was light and did not take itself too seriously. The token wokeness already has exhausting ... I'm shocked they did not bust out the full grievance spectrum episode one and there are not folks angry there wasn't a full ABC*+/ alphabet ... The old lady is a spic, and she's already rolling her eyes at the stereotypical angry-brilliant-underprivileged Mexican girl ... but I will say mama and the nudies was LOL.