Texas Spring Football Game 2018

Fug

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Seeing him walk by me after the spring game was a head turner. There is absolutely no way that kid just graduated high school, no way. He has to be in the best shape of any player on the team. Only words out of my mouth were "holy crap".  Beyond freak athlete. Orlando will have no problem finding a role for him.

Little ghey 

12 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

He would've been better off in the Big Ten, but I'm glad we got him. He has better instincts than Wheeler, and a Wheeler with better instincts is a very useful player. He will help with teams like Maryland, USC, and K-State, and I think in a year, he will have enough experience to reliably diagnose plays fast enough to make up for his speed limitations.  He'll never be an ideal fit, but he's a good player that could thrive in specific facets of the game if the DC can protect him most of the time.

Yeah, I thought we might protect him, and I trust our defensive staff to build a defense until proven otherwise. I’m just curious how they intend to play him.  And I’m concerned about facing offenses in this league and having to protect players without the use of a sideline.  Again, we’ll see.  

5 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yeah, I thought we might protect him, and I trust our defensive staff to build a defense until proven otherwise. I’m just curious how they intend to play him.  And I’m concerned about facing offenses in this league and having to protect players without the use of a sideline.  Again, we’ll see.  

I'm with you.  I think the staff will put him at Mac and probably sub him out quite a bit due to our insane secondary depht. I expect us to have a heavy S, be it Foster or Overshown playing in the box regularly, starting in 2019, which would limit Adeoye's usage. I think he'll always have his limitations against B12 offenses, but I see a route to him being a useful player. We'll definitely need the ILB who starts alongside him to not have any weakness though, can't protect 2 LBs. 

On the bright side, he'll give us versatility when we face Playoff opponents who like to play heavy, like UGA. 

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

12 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I'm with you.  I think the staff will put him at Mac and probably sub him out quite a bit due to our insane secondary depht. I expect us to have a heavy S, be it Foster or Overshown playing in the box regularly, starting in 2019, which would limit Adeoye's usage. I think he'll always have his limitations against B12 offenses, but I see a route to him being a useful player. We'll definitely need the ILB who starts alongside him to not have any weakness though, can't protect 2 LBs. 

On the bright side, he'll give us versatility when we face Playoff opponents who like to play heavy, like UGA. 

That’s my other interest. We really have something with our current dime defense. I’m interested to see how that morphs with roster turnover or if they target it as our preferred defense during Orlando’s stay. And yes, we want a thumper in the middle if we spend some time up close and personnel with the more traditional offenses found in some other P5 conferences. 

14 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

This is a very deep and insightful post. Thank you for your contributions to further discussing Texas football.

It actually provides a little perspective to the discussion about a player's potential between intelligent fans who maybe don't question their own judgment enough. I'm sorry if alluding to the defensive coordinator's opinion of said player was inappropriate to your learned analyses. 

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It actually provides a little perspective to the discussion about a player's potential between intelligent fans who maybe don't question their own judgment enough. I'm sorry if alluding to the defensive coordinator's opinion of said player was inappropriate to your learned analyses. 

You didnt' provide anything to the discussion. Neither of us ever said Orlando made a mistake, and you never said anything about Orlando's opinion of the player. I generally like you as a poster, but this stuff seems lazy and off-base.

In fact, we both said he would be a good and useful player and indicated we think Orlando will use him well. I think Orlando recognizes that Adeoye has some limitations in the B12. I highly doubt he thinks he can just throw Adeoye out there no matter the opponent or alignment, like he can for guys like Malik and GJ.  We were just having a discussion about how Orlando might utilize a guy who's not a perfect scheme fit in the B12.  You act as if we said Adeoye sucks and the staff made a mistake in taking him. Here's what we actually said:

BB:  I trust our defensive staff to build a defense until proven otherwise. I’m just curious how they intend to play him.

UTL: He would've been better off in the Big Ten, but I'm glad we got him. He has better instincts than Wheeler, and a Wheeler with better instincts is a very useful player. 

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

lol

Thanks for the review of the masturbation.

I'll work on matching your profundity. And subtlety. 

lulz. Idk what your deal is on this one. We weren't bashing the guy or saying Orlando made a mistake. I guess your opinion is that Adeoye can be put out in every situation and that you also believe Orlando thinks that as well. Hard to tell considering all you've thrown out are sarcastic generalizations without ever offering your opinion.

6 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

lulz. Idk what your deal is on this one. We weren't bashing the guy or saying Orlando made a mistake. I guess your opinion is that Adeoye can be put out in every situation and that you also believe Orlando thinks that as well. Hard to tell considering all you've thrown out are sarcastic generalizations without ever offering your opinion.

Sometimes when I feel foolish, I build a strawman.

Is there a guideline about no sarcasm on Surly? There should be, I suppose, if it interferes with important discussion. Irony and sarcasm are the worst things in the world.

Anyway, let's stop sticking pins in each other. No hard feelings. Have the last word if you like.

Edited by RomaVicta
Removed a line referring to idk which I misinterpreted as I don't care.
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Sometimes when I feel foolish, I build a strawman.

You're way too serious, my friend, for someone who doesn't care. Is there a guideline about no sarcasm on Surly? There should be, I suppose, if it interferes with important discussion. Irony and sarcasm are the worst things in the world.

Anyway, let's stop sticking pins in each other. No hard feelings. Have the last word if you like.

I think it's very clear from my posting on this board that I understand sarcasm perfectly every time and I'm not the kind of guy who always has to get the last word.

1 minute ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I think it's very clear from my posting on this board that I understand sarcasm perfectly every time and I'm not the kind of guy who always has to get the last word.

Fair enough. I removed the line about how much you care as I was wrongly referring to it.

Fair enough. I removed the line about how much you care as I was wrongly referring to it.

It appears I’m not the only one with a broken sarcasm meter today. 

giphy.gif

Who the hell is Sheephavewool? No likey RomaVicta.

My sock. Obviously. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

This is a very deep and insightful post. Thank you for your contributions to further discussing Texas football.

2 minutes ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

Go home Roma, you're drunk.

You may be triple-negging the wrong side in this. I'm making the world safe for the seemingly unselfaware obnoxious.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

The takeaway from all this is that missing on Dashaun White really stings. C'est la vie. Hope for Gary Johnson to stay healthy and win some games. 

We were hot and cold on him all year. Obviously, the staff wasn't completely sold so I don't think losing White bothered them much.