Patricio Swayze

The Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Other Grappling Arts Thread

We’ve had a rough year and I’m only making it in a few times a month. I’m hoping to step up to 2-3 a week after summer. 

My ears were sore after my last class but luckily didn’t puff up. Triceps were all bruised because my partner kept grabbing skin instead of gi for arm drags. 

Edited by Archer

We’ve had a rough year and I’m only making it in a few times a month. I’m hoping to step up to 2-3 a week after summer. 
My ears were sore after my last class but luckily didn’t puff up. Triceps were all bruised because my partner kept grabbing skin instead of gi for arm drags. 

That sucks. But I understand. Right now I am training 2-3 times a week. My shoulder is really bothering me and so is my left hip. Not sure what the latter is about. Co-owner of the school tried some voodoo in my shoulder but didn’t do much. Considering trying airrosti.

18 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

That sucks. But I understand. Right now I am training 2-3 times a week. My shoulder is really bothering me and so is my left hip. Not sure what the latter is about. Co-owner of the school tried some voodoo in my shoulder but didn’t do much. Considering trying airrosti.

My left shoulder is screwy, I think it’s from a nasty Americana a few years ago but can’t prove it. 

A couple of years ago I did 6-8 weeks of PT but didn’t fix it for good.  I’m trying to do some basic mobility work each day but still bind up. I’ve also had some knots around my scapula that were causing pain in the front of my shoulders. 

I have a ShouldeRok to try and get better but haven’t ever gotten into a routine with it. I’ve looked hard at Crossover Symetry but feel it would sit as well.