What Discontinued Snack/Food Item Needs To Come Back?

BayouBill

A couple of years ago, for Thanksgiving, the family was a little spread out so it was just the two of us and MIL.  So, we decided to have a smorgasbord of shitty-ish frozen foods.  We got some Hebrew National Bagel Dog Bites (pretty good btw), some taquitos, and some other shit.

I was very disappointed to find that the little Chun King mini eggrolls are no longer made.

4593539540_d4f1ba027a_m.jpg

Those would have been a perfect addition.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A couple of years ago, for Thanksgiving, the family was a little spread out so it was just the two of us and MIL.  So, we decided to have a smorgasbord of shitty-ish frozen foods.  We got some Hebrew National Bagel Dog Bites (pretty good btw), some taquitos, and some other shit.

I was very disappointed to find that the little Chun King mini eggrolls are no longer made.

4593539540_d4f1ba027a_m.jpg

Those would have been a perfect addition.

I killed so many of those things in high school. The box said 12, but there was always 14 or 15 in the box. So much better than Totinos Pizza Rolls.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Deej said:

I killed so many of those things in high school. The box said 12, but there was always 14 or 15 in the box. So much better than Totinos Pizza Rolls.

I dug around after my iniitial disbelief, and apparently Chun King was purchased/merged with Totinos and the pizza rolls resulted.

I wonder where you can find the Michelinas.

I think he's referring to the Mars Almond Bar.  Which is essentially a Milky Way with almonds on top of it, like an Almond Joy versus a Mounds.

I believe you are correct that what is known abroad as the Mars bar is a Milky Way here.

Edited by TwiceHorn

csb/ I've always called this exact product a hamburger.  At some point in the 70's probably, we found ourselves with a major miscommunication at the hunting camp.  Everyone thought they were supposed to bring breakfast and no one brought anything else.  We probably had 12 packs of these and a bunch of powdered donuts.  One night someone in our group was bitching and saying all he wanted was a hamburger and another crusty old guy threw a pack of these Mrs. Baird's at him and said "here's your fucking hamburger".  csb/

I know - you had to be there.

cinn.jpg.9e9d2eb3992caf6189a0770faef4ad8b.jpg.2268305d9bcf5db77f189cbce47a802e.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

I ate my weight in these during high school and college.  Big glass of whole milk with one of these broken up in it and one dunked in it and I was good to go every morning.

Yep.  It was a breakfast staple many years with either milk or coffee.  I found something very similar to it years ago, lost track of it and can't remember the name of it.