What Discontinued Snack/Food Item Needs To Come Back?

BayouBill

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

^ Fairly certain that’s still around. 

Yep.  Sold at a local Austin steakhouse apparently... 

On 2/11/2021 at 9:44 PM, Tailgate said:

Didn’t have time to look for another thread.

My hero cooks a damn good steak.

\m/

e048f801d80358e7a1423ccb01f5631d.jpg

On 2/12/2021 at 7:51 PM, Underdog said:

Seen better steaks from Nighthawk frozen dinners. 

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm getting conflicting info as to if this is the original recipe or not, but I'm seeing that Taco Bueno brought back its taco burger.  I only recall it having taco meat and cheese.  I used to eat at least 5 of these in a sitting.

You need to hit Taco Delite in Wylie.

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm getting conflicting info as to if this is the original recipe or not, but I'm seeing that Taco Bueno brought back its taco burger.  I only recall it having taco meat and cheese.  I used to eat at least 5 of these in a sitting.

You need to hit Taco Delite in Wylie.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/23/2021 at 1:21 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Haven't had it, but Taco Casa has a Chili Burger. 

A fresh steamed bun with a touch of our mild red sauce, a scoop of 100% ground beef and topped with fresh shredded lettuce.

I dig Casa, so bet it's decent. I'm sure you can add cheese. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Haven't had it, but Taco Casa has a Chili Burger. 

I dig Casa, so bet it's decent. I'm sure you can add cheese. 

Casa is the best family fast food eats for $10 there is this side of Little Caesars\Pizza Patron. Two giant ass bean burritos are $3 and they'll fill you up.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Like 1

Taco Casa is a weird for this city dweller.  I remember playing a game at Saginaw Boswell my freshman year, and it was so far away from home that we stopped to eat before the buses headed home.  We stopped at Taco Casa, it was probably the original location.  It was good for fast food Mexican.  Our coach told us we had $x each to spend, and we all ordered as many tacos as we could for that amount.  I think it was 13 each.  I thought they were good.  I never saw a Taco Casa again until about 5 years ago, when one popped up at a Chevron station at Coit and 190 in Dallas.  I recognized the logo and name, and have been a somewhat loyal customer ever since.  It kicks the shit out of Bell, Bueno, and  Cabana.  I got curious about it and went to their website, and it is a massive franchise that focuses on smaller towns, mostly west of DFW, and is slowly expanding into the larger cities in TX.  Highly recommend as a fast food alternative to the traditional fast food places.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 10:12 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

^ Fairly certain that’s still around. 

Ah, but can you still get home from school, eat a NH steak and taters as a warm up, then go with the family when they get home to......The Nighthawk and blow up some Chicken Fried Steak!

• 2 months later...