What Discontinued Snack/Food Item Needs To Come Back?

BayouBill

25 minutes ago, Whitewater Horn said:

9E918C5E-287F-4DEE-8C28-F71FBBF7AC1B.jpegThe Big Wheel ice cream sandwich from 7-11 in the 80s. Couldn’t find a photo of the package. Two chocolate covered oatmeal cookies with vanilla ice cream. We used to crush those things in the north Texas summers. 

They still have a cookie sandwich, Toll House I think it is, but those were better.

On 10/30/2020 at 4:03 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I think he's referring to the Mars Almond Bar.  Which is essentially a Milky Way with almonds on top of it, like an Almond Joy versus a Mounds.

I believe you are correct that what is known abroad as the Mars bar is a Milky Way here.

correct - and doing a little digging, it looks like the mars almond bar is now the snickers with almonds, which makes sense because those are amazing

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/31/2020 at 7:52 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

I don't know if it's because I was poor, and this type of food seemed high class to me or what, but I really think 80's tv dinners tasted better than anything that's available today.

image.jpeg.4af4e15a25b68f0ecf78c8103be785ee.jpeg

I ate about 10,000 of these in college.

Hola from your '80s freezer: El Chico Enchilada Dinner (saw this box  displayed at the Smithsonian yesterday!) : nostalgia

90c35bc7ead905ba185ea9389cf40f7b_large.p

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know if it's because I was poor, and this type of food seemed high class to me or what, but I really think 80's tv dinners tasted better than anything that's available today.

Hola from your '80s freezer: El Chico Enchilada Dinner (saw this box  displayed at the Smithsonian yesterday!) : nostalgia

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

90c35bc7ead905ba185ea9389cf40f7b_large.p

Man.....these.  They were like 99 cents or $1.29 back in the day.  I'd buy two.  Mix all the enchiladas together, mix all the beans and rice together, and then eat them all like a dip with tortilla chips.  It was a $2-$3 FEAST.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Man.....these.  They were like 99 cents or $1.29 back in the day.  I'd buy two.  Mix all the enchiladas together, mix all the beans and rice together, and then eat them all like a dip with tortilla chips.  It was a $2-$3 FEAST.

Does your toilet have a seat belt?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Mexican-coonass digestive system.  It historically could handle things that would make most men cry and beg for mercy.

the :17 mark...

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck those things they would go on sale and my dad would buy 30 of them and I’d have to eat them like 3-4 times a weak.  Never again.

• Haha 2

This is what we ate in our house. There’s even a Facebook group dedicated to bringing them back. The rice it came with was like crack. I did the same thing with the mixing and tortilla chips and I’d add Pace Hot all over the top.
baf14d52b068d73f174791d296203f09.jpg
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Whatever said:

This is what we ate in our house. There’s even a Facebook group dedicated to bringing them back. The rice it came with was like crack. I did the same thing with the mixing and tortilla chips and I’d add Pace Hot all over the top.
baf14d52b068d73f174791d296203f09.jpg

Does anybody else get smell flashbacks when pictures of these frozen Mexican dinners are posted?

11 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

I had forgotten the rest of the words to the song, but now have an ear worm, so thanks for that.

Misery loves company my man!  And considering how long that implant has stayed in my brain, I bet it has in yours as well, huh?

1 more vote for El Chico