What Discontinued Snack/Food Item Needs To Come Back?

BayouBill

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 12:08 PM, pops said:

So much better than any other cheese ball.

download.jpeg

Truth.  All others pale in comparison to the OG. Thankfully, they are plentiful in DFW after initial scarcity when Planters first relaunched.  Hopefully, they will reach your fine berg soon.

11 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Here’s one from the ‘90s coming back with new flavors. 

127266350-2430403407269403-8096131308068

Beat me to it.  Hope they bring back the jap cheddar variety.

On 12/1/2020 at 12:08 PM, pops said:

I know they brought these back but still hard to find... at least up here. So much better than any other cheese ball.

download.jpeg

Eagle Brand was the the bestest ever. All their shit was top notch. Too bad Anheuser-Busch shut them down.

The brand was determined to be unprofitable for Anheuser-Busch and it sold off the brand to Procter & Gamble in 1996[1] P&G got rights to the products and brand, but not the Anheuser-Busch logo originally used to market the brand. Eagle Snacks is not to be confused with Eagle Brand, a trademark used by Borden to market its sweetened condensed milk and dessert lines, now owned by The J.M. Smucker Co.

On 11/7/2020 at 6:35 PM, threesheets said:

Taco Casa has one.

258s.jpg

never say Surly doesn't change people's minds.

Never would have gone to Taco Casa tonight if not for this post.

2 Chiladas( in your pic) slammed so hard!!!

Edited by slorch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All my shit seems to be from the chip front, even though I rarely eat chips these days. First, this:

357bd25222c7f46449464138192ddccf.jpg

And don't tell me that it's the same as the new Taco Flavor or whatever other salsa flavor they've had. It isn't. 

Additionally, these in both Jalapeno and BBQ. Used to be able to get the just massive bags, in in their huge Red/White bags. Sure, they still make them, but it's not the same. I can't even find a picture of the old bags, just this new shit:

Bob's Texas Style Kettle Cooked Potato Chips, Jalapeno, 1 oz - Walmart.com  - Walmart.com

They're not the same, man. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, KYHorn said:

They went away for awhile then came back, but are like $4 at Kroger so I rarely get them

81MAmwkm8-L._SL1500_.jpg

I don't have a sweet tooth, really....but man, I used to SMASH those back in the day.

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

All my shit seems to be from the chip front, even though I rarely eat chips these days. First, this:

357bd25222c7f46449464138192ddccf.jpg

And don't tell me that it's the same as the new Taco Flavor or whatever other salsa flavor they've had. It isn't. 

Additionally, these in both Jalapeno and BBQ. Used to be able to get the just massive bags, in in their huge Red/White bags. Sure, they still make them, but it's not the same. I can't even find a picture of the old bags, just this new shit:

Bob's Texas Style Kettle Cooked Potato Chips, Jalapeno, 1 oz - Walmart.com  - Walmart.com

They're not the same, man. 

Those kettle cooked jalapeno chips.....the HEB version are the best I've ever had.  Yes, better than Bob's.