2020-21 Big XII Basketball Thread

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Down goes Tech! 82-77 OSU in OT

I think OSU might be better than we initially thought.  At the exact same time thought the B12 is so stacked this year.  I think every team has talent and can steal dubs when you don't expect it.  

On 1/2/2021 at 5:34 PM, Brian Fantana said:

I hardly ever bitch about refs, but I've rarely seen a worse call than that "foul" on Cunningham's 3 pointer at the end of regulation. Complete gift, unbelievable.

I listened on the radio and our announcers were talking about bad officiating both ways. Glad we finally won one. Would be huge if we could upset WVU tonight after our disappointing losses in our first two conference games.

32 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I listened on the radio and our announcers were talking about bad officiating both ways. Glad we finally won one. Would be huge if we could upset WVU tonight after our disappointing losses in our first two conference games.

With or without Cunningham, y'all have a much better team than the consensus says.

Good luck tonight. Always happy to see WVU go down. Huggins is unquestionably a great coach, but Huggy-ball's "foul and then foul some more and dare the refs to make a call" strategy is just the worst sort of basketball to watch.

7 hours ago, 'stache said:

beat the 300# of butter motherfuckers.

Oklahoma St is a damn good team. I'm glad we got that win out of them because they're gonna be a real problem by the end of conference as their young players come into their own. They're basically replacing Kentucky this year as the young, super talented team that will mature dramatically as the season goes on.    

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Pretty good game so far. Okie Lite doesn't suck. There was nothing wrong with that win by Texas.

Cunningham is a goddamn phenom. He's going to be so fucking good in the NBA. Reminds me of a smaller but more skilled Demarcus Cousins.

His uber smooth, never in a hurry, methodical style of play reminds me of a young Shaun Livingston before his disastrous knee injury.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

His game is supremely mature for his age. No wonder he's the surefire #1 pick. He actually plays as if he's been a professional for the last 5 years rather than the undisciplined style of play many of our domestic players fall into growing up playing AAU ball. 

Yeah I was amazed at his polish when he played Texas. Such good footwork and ball skills for his age. 

Good God he's putting on a clinic now...

Edited by ztejas

The roster is as talented as we've ever had, but a lot of freshmen. I hope they mature quickly this season and are primed to make a run in March (assuming the probation is reversed or not decided until after this year's tourney). I think No. 5 Rondell Walker is going to take over for Cade next year and thrive.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The roster is as talented as we've ever had, but a lot of freshmen. I hope they mature quickly this season and are primed to make a run in March (assuming the probation is reversed or not decided until after this year's tourney). I think No. 5 Rondell Walker is going to take over for Cade next year and thrive.

Yeah. Talent is there. You do do a lot of dumb shit with the ball. Cade has already gotten better since the season started.

Cherry on top... Burnett quit via text.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/Article/Did-Nimari-Burnett-Run-His-Own-Race-Nimari-Burnett-Chris-Beard-Alterique-Gilbert-Quade-Green-M-J-Walker-David-McCormack-Chuck-OBannon-Jr-Sacha-Kileya-Jones-158790247/

Given that one single indicator of character, I'd guess he didn't like getting coached very hard either.  Happy trails, motherfucker.

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Baylor is going to win the Big 12 by going undefeated against the bottom 1/2 of the conference and playing 0 games against the top 1/2.

Nah.  They said during our broadcast on Saturday that the Big 12 built in a period of inactivity between the end of the regular season and the conference tournament.  It's like 10 or 11 days I think, to make up these games. 

Popping in to say it's still damn impressive that our league has 5 of the Top 15 teams in the nation in it right now.  And that I hope we makeup the game with Baylor, most signs point to yes at this point.  I'd almost rather them use that conference tourney long weekend to have each team make up as many as two regular season games.  Serves a better purpose than an unnecessary concentration of players/staff in one city for what will likely be a meaningless tournament.  Have everybody play their 1-2 makeup games instead.  I dunno.  

8 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

KU at home doesn’t seem to be as phoggy as it usually Is. not complaining about that whatsoever. Let’s get a new champ this year and no I won’t say who for jinxing purposes.  

Makes one realize just how much a concentrated, screaming fanbase can have on a game.  Not so hard to play in the Phog or Cameron when it's empty.

6 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Makes one realize just how much a concentrated, screaming fanbase can have on a game.  Not so hard to play in the Phog or Cameron when it's empty.

The zebra bullshit at the Phog is as much a factor as anything else when it comes to alleged magic.  As if KU needed every 50/50 call.  

Edited by slorch

11 hours ago, 'stache said:

Unless Tech craters that should be a signature win too. Plenty of opportunities in this league for good wins. Of course Baylor has the ‘rona again and out first game against them is postponed. Literally the same thing they did to us in football.

Wrong