2020-21 Big XII Basketball Thread

52 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I thought I read that Baylor had to postpone games including ours. Did I misread that? It's completely possible.

14 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I think it’s WVU

WVU postponed Baylor, TCU and OSU.

Baylor has postponed Texas and had Gonzaga cancelled. 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

WVU postponed Baylor, TCU and OSU.

Baylor has postponed Texas and had Gonzaga cancelled. 

The Baptists are probably just saving up for Auburn in the Big XII/SEC Challenge.  The vaunted Tigers are 1-4 in SEC play and 7-6 on the season.

Edited by slorch

On 1/16/2021 at 4:22 PM, cafe society said:

Looks like Tech allowed a fairly sizable crowd in for the Baylor game.  Zero fucks given about COVID in Lubbock.

Z

It was like 33% capacity.

Fuck off.

Edit:

Attendance: 4,250

28%
Capacity: 15,098
Edited by slorch

21 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Baylor -4.5 (1st half) was easy money. This KU team is the worst I can remember.

Nah they were much worse 2 years ago when Azubuike was injured and they finished 3rd in the conference. Also this year's Big 12 conference has more teams that can give them a fight than there were in the 18-19 season. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

If he's the only one who tested positive then why is the game cancelled? 

probably contact tracing

every player would be in close contact with the coach

and fuck this Baylor team is pretty damn good and the Big 12 is playing some amazing basketball right now...I wish Baylor had been able to play Gonzaga earlier in the year

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Baylor WVU postponed this week. Wonder if they'll try to schedule the Texas and Baylor makeup game. 

They keep saying they’ve built in time after the regular season and before the conference tournament. Probably won’t be able to make up all - just the ones that matter for seeding I bet 

7 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Baylor WVU postponed this week. Wonder if they'll try to schedule the Texas and Baylor makeup game. 

I was just wondering about that. There's no reason other than sheer incompetence that our game with Baylor shouldn't be made up this Saturday. That is if they have any intention of actually having a legitimate conference season. 

8 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I was just wondering about that. There's no reason other than sheer incompetence that our game with Baylor shouldn't be made up this Saturday. That is if they have any intention of actually having a legitimate conference season. 

Baylor plays OkSt on Saturday.  The WVU game was supposed to be last Wednesday.  

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

Baylor -4.5 (1st half) was easy money. This KU team is the worst I can remember.

Yeah, it's always "easy".   

Sans Butler last night, Baylor was hit and miss on both ends of the court.  But, in general, getting open looks on that team is a brutal undertaking.   Having watched both them and Gonzaga multiple times this season I'd take Baylor.   Just not sold on Gonzaga even though now they're being fellated by about everyone. 

14 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah if okie state was having issues it'd be an easy fix.  alas...

Well, the news should be out by tomorrow, but I doubt OkieSt is gonna be able to play saturday.  2 season ending injuries on top of a Covid breakout.  I doubt they can make it happen this weekend vs Baylor.  

7 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Yeah, it's always "easy".   

Sans Butler last night, Baylor was hit and miss on both ends of the court.  But, in general, getting open looks on that team is a brutal undertaking.   Having watched both them and Gonzaga multiple times this season I'd take Baylor.   Just not sold on Gonzaga even though now they're being fellated by about everyone. 

The Zags schedule favors them, I'm not sure they have a real test on their schedule.

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

The Zags schedule favors them, I'm not sure they have a real test on their schedule.

No doubt they're not being tested.  Can work both ways.  Weak schedule keeps them fresh over the season or they suffer because they've not faced any competition and aren't prepared when they do. 

Edited by Wally Pryor

Would love to give baylor their first loss today, but we're on limited practice this week, and are probably outgunned to begin with (I know nothing about baylor except their ranking) so here's hoping for at least a good game from start to finish and no more second half collapses.