2020-21 Big XII Basketball Thread

1 minute ago, EuroHorn said:

Looks like a handful of fans in the stands at OU.  Are all schools now letting fans in now ?

All? No. It varies by local regulations. 

I mean, Knoxville had 3500 fans when they played UConn in WBB. That was a season high nationwide 

Edited by Js1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So Cunningham and Walker are both out for OSU today. We have 8 active players. So much for an upset. We'll be lucky to lose by less than 40. And fuck kansas, they are apparently complete dogshit. So much for that "signature" win.

Revel in a KU when however you can get it 

7 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

'Pokes just need to harass and crash the glass as much as they can and get fast points. I don't think they have much of a chance at a slower paced game against Baylor. 

Agree, we have to stay super aggressive on both sides, but with 8 active players, and with a week off from practice, I"m not sure we can maintain this the whole game.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Agree, we have to stay super aggressive on both sides, but with 8 active players, and with a week off from practice, I"m not sure we can maintain this the whole game.

A little success breeds confidence and your guys are looking confident. Let's see if Baylor has an answer on the road.

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Why is Cade out? 

Covid protocol. My guess is he had it, tested negative, but failed one of these additional tests. Found this on an OSU blog.

“Additionally, return to play protocols after positive occurrences will include an EKG, troponin blood test, echocardiogram, and cardiac MRI.”

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Covid protocol. My guess is he had it, tested negative, but failed one of these additional tests. Found this on an OSU blog.

“Additionally, return to play protocols after positive occurrences will include an EKG, troponin blood test, echocardiogram, and cardiac MRI.”

That makes sense since he is actually on the bench in street clothes. 

5 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Weird that someone in covid protocol can be on the sidelines cheering on his team. 

Weird that they've decided to start letting fans back in to games just as covid is climaxing, but welcome to the NCAA.

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Kudos to oSu for playing really well without their star and a key piece. Hopefully the NCAA gives them the waiver because this team can beat anyone and could be one of those teams that sneaks into the S16 or E8.

for any player in all sports that play during 2020 or 2021, there is a blanket NCAA waiver.

It wouldn't be a "waiver" it would be overruling the ridiculous post season ban. We don't deserve even the other punishments but fine, we'll take that, but postseason ban is absolutely ridiculous considering we had no competetive advantage as Lamont Evans' actions were solely to enrich himself and was convicted for an actual crime.

• Hook 'Em 1

sort of Big 12 related since OU was an upset over Kansas today, but there were a shit load of other upsets today in the SEC SEC SEC, Big 10, and PAC 12 

the PAC 12 and SEC SEC SEC are very limited on ranked teams (I think 2 each) and one of their lost for each conference and the Big 10 is eating their own now with some of their unranked beating some of their lower ranked

really helps the Big 12 especially with the Big 12 having a sort of SEC SEC SEC football type late season "break" (because of covid) for some of their games

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

We got absolutely BUTT fucked by the officials in the last 10 minutes of that game

Fuck that shit 

Yep.  Burton draws contact in the lane...no call

ensuing drive Deuce throws up a prayer 3pt shot that goes short with :04 left on the shot clock and gets total bullshit bailout call.

Very frustrating.  they were fouling the living fuck out of McClung on the dribble and called it like once.

Fuck it.  Make shots and score more points.  Sure would have been nice for the officials to be more consistent.