2020-21 Big XII Basketball Thread

Ugh, this fucking conference, this fucking team. If we stopped turning the goddamned ball over we could win some of these without it coming down to the last fucking second every game. We'll need to be flawless to beat Baylor, and I don't expect to win, but bracketology had WVU as a 3 and us as the highest 4 seed, so hopefully we worked our way to a 3 regardless of the Baylor game.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Ugh, this fucking conference, this fucking team. If we stopped turning the goddamned ball over we could win some of these without it coming down to the last fucking second every game. We'll need to be flawless to beat Baylor, and I don't expect to win, but bracketology had WVU as a 3 and us as the highest 4 seed, so hopefully we worked our way to a 3 regardless of the Baylor game.

So potentially OSU, Texas and Kansas all as 3 seeds?  Cool. 

Because OSU should be.  Texas should be if they beat Tech.  Kansas should be if they beat OU.  It could end up coming down to Texas/KU and who wins that third game if they both win today. 

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Sportscenter anchordude said Okie Lite is ineligible for the NCAA tourney.

What an idiot, lol. And here is a WVU article which is astonishing to me that someone who covers college sports doesn't undertand how appeals work, but also the whiney bitchassedness cracks my shit up, especially since we won.

image.png.c75d79dd9b47493eadeb8be79e2701fc.png

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah at first I was ‘ugh gotta get railroaded by Baylor again’ but there’s no shame losing to them so consider it house money at this point...as opposed to something like a potential loss to a short handed Kansas squad.  

My friends know me as a nervous negative Nancy Poke but man...at least here you got me beat.  Try to enjoy this, we ain’t winning the natty but this is so far ahead of where we’ve been in ages.  

And unlike Ford, Boynton is doing it with his players so there’s a chance the future is trending up...won’t see another Cade but the other pieces seem bought in. Did you read that piece on Keylan at PFB today?

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/mike-boynton-instilling-confidence-in-keylan-boone/

Edited by Homercles

14 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

It's been said but OSU offense is good, real good. The turnovers are the killer for this team. Probably not going to fix that at this late date but string together a few games with just LESS turnovers and it could be a good run to close out the year. 

Just came across this weird stat. Not something to strive for, but wow, how weird.

Stats from KenPom and said that the 14 worst games we (OSU) had with turnovers we have won 12 of 14 and the top 7 games we did the best with turnovers we have lost 5 of 7. So they lose more when they don't turn it over.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Just came across this weird stat. Not something to strive for, but wow, how weird.

Stats from KenPom and said that the 14 worst games we (OSU) had with turnovers we have won 12 of 14 and the top 7 games we did the best with turnovers we have lost 5 of 7. So they lose more when they don't turn it over.

That is interesting. Tells you how good the offense can be when they dig themselves a hole. 

54 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Sportscenter anchordude said Okie Lite is ineligible for the NCAA tourney.

Edit:  And now he just apologized for being wrong about that.

I came right to this thread when he said that thinking that an announcement was made. Come to find out sporty mcsports sports anchorman doesn't know shit about sports. 

Everybody getting everybody close games and fits in this conference tourney so far.  Games way closer than they should be down the stretch.  

Dammit, that's supposed to be our forte!  

I know it's Lent, but Imma go slam a few drinks before our nailbiter with Texas Tech begins...

Also, Beard coached us out of that game. Why in the fucking world would we stop running our offense the last 2 minutes of the game and just run the clock out with ISOs? Fucking idiot.

That's legit my only complaint with Beard as a coach. He consistently pees down his leg in late game offensive situations. It cost us the national title and it 100% cost us this game.

Big props to Texas for fighting and pulling out the W, kick Kansas' ass!

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Like 1

I’d really hope that win + nova losing is enough to lock in a 3 seed...but I also keep railing against ohio state because they were on a losing streak and didn’t budge...so who knows what the committee will do.  I just want to avoid playing a 1 seed if we make it that far, seems the top 4 are head/shoulders above the 2 seeds.  

Oh well again, fun to have these conversations for the first time in almost a decade.