2020-21 Big XII Basketball Thread

3 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Oklahoma State play reminds me of Texas.  They fall behind looking like going to lose then come roaring back to take the lead.

This version of Oklahoma St would beat Texas by double digits.

30 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’m at Elgin Park downtown Tulsa. Enjoying watching the Poke fans go nuts. Fuck Baylor.

Love that place, I’m just down the street, haha! At a hotel party for my 9 year old daughter, a gaggle of screaming girls.

Im so happy, haven’t enjoyed college basketball this much in 15 years!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Love that place, I’m just down the street, haha! At a hotel party for my 9 year old daughter, a gaggle of screaming girls.

Shit if I was in your shoes this’d be me trying to find a tv

image.gif.9b417cf111e5ec5fa22d48efaa759cc8.gif

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 1

Man what a season.  I’m more worried about covid ruining things early than I am about the eventual exit from it all.  Dayton from last year comes to mind.  Pay that Mike his money.  

That was a great battle.  Running all over the court in the first half, Baylor adjusts by crashing the glass, then it’s Cade being ice cold from the stripe.  Honestly though the difference was Baylor shooting poorly from 3pt land.  6/28 is not their standard.  

It was incredible being around drunk people going nuts over sports.

The Czech pils slams.

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It was incredible being around drunk people going nuts over sports.

The Czech pils slams.

Their house beers are pretty good but very average compared to several others in town. Not sure how long you’re staying, but definitely try Marshall, Cabin Boys, and/or American Solera. Now that I think of it I’m pretty sure I was there a few years ago during an ISU tourney game and there were Cyclone fans there cheering their asses off, it was enjoyable.

42 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Shit if I was in your shoes this’d be me trying to find a tv

image.gif.9b417cf111e5ec5fa22d48efaa759cc8.gif

I was watching on my phone, haha. I remember when she was born knowing that if we were ever good at basketball again the timing would be a pain in the ass and here we are, haha.

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

I love the cauliflower wings, so good!

Yeah good stuff.

The wife and I have been getting Elgin pizza as takeout during the pandemic on the reg. I do miss going there. I have some friends who are good friends with Elliot Nelson and we went to the soft open of Elgin before it opened. God that feels like a million years ago at this point.

Their house beers are pretty good but very average compared to several others in town. Not sure how long you’re staying, but definitely try Marshall, Cabin Boys, and/or American Solera. Now that I think of it I’m pretty sure I was there a few years ago during an ISU tourney game and there were Cyclone fans there cheering their asses off, it was enjoyable.

I was at American Solera in ‘19. It’s excellent. Going to those 3 tomorrow likely.

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I was at American Solera in ‘19. It’s excellent. Going to those 3 tomorrow likely.

The only local brewery’s I consider lower than average are Broken Arrow (which I doubt you’d go since it’s in the burbs), Renaissance (their wheat is good and their pepper beer is good, everything g else is just ok), and Welltown, which isn’t bad but not close to the others. Heirloom and Nothings Left are worthwhile too. The best selection in town is McNellies, or my preference Roosevelt’s on Cherry Street, right by my house.

The only local brewery’s I consider lower than average are Broken Arrow (which I doubt you’d go since it’s in the burbs), Renaissance (their wheat is good and their pepper beer is good, everything g else is just ok), and Welltown, which isn’t bad but not close to the others. Heirloom and Nothings Left are worthwhile too. The best selection in town is McNellies, or my preference Roosevelt’s on Cherry Street, right by my house.

I went to Welltown in ‘19. Agree with your assessment
  • Like 1