2020-21 Big XII Basketball Thread

26 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the allegations at OSU have dick to do with Boynton?

Yep.  Underwood brought in that dipshit with him, who tried to steer certain players to specific agents for bribes...apparently without the players even knowing the agent was going to be there.  Within 72 hours of the allegations he was fired.  There was no competitive benefit, he acted alone, it was purely for Lamont Evan’s benefit.  

SCar got off with baby self imposed penalties and we should too.  Had nothing to do with HCMB

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the allegations at OSU have dick to do with Boynton?

45 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Yep.  Underwood brought in that dipshit with him, who tried to steer certain players to specific agents for bribes...apparently without the players even knowing the agent was going to be there.  Within 72 hours of the allegations he was fired.  There was no competitive benefit, he acted alone, it was purely for Lamont Evan’s benefit.  

SCar got off with baby self imposed penalties and we should too.  Had nothing to do with HCMB

No argument on that, but at the time of selection of the All Big 12, OSU was banned from post season play. OSU definitely has gotten a raw deal on the sanctions, but I've seen a lot of people get thrown overboard because of fear of negative perceptions. 

7 hours ago, slorch said:

You probably want to credit Drew for overcoming Covid, right?  I'd feel a lot differently if they had played their fucking schedule and not gamed the shit out of it to avoid some of the rigor. 

If BU had forfeited every game they didn't play (UT, TCU, @ OU, and WVU) they'd still be a game ahead of the 3 teams in 2nd place.

Edited by SimonBolivar

26 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

So at this point no news on oSu is good news right?

I assume so. I think Cade could have played on Saturday but was held out. No word on Likekele yet. What really sucks is that even if comes back he'll probably be rusty.

Seems like I recall NCAA declaring BU's Perry Jones III ineligible about an hour before tournament play started one year. Drew had been ignoring them all year and they didn't like that so hammer time for the tourney. Not saying he didn't have it coming, by the rules there was a violation. Just pointing out that NCAA is a little bitch. 

Go Clones. I know it's unlikely but ISU gave them a game in the regular season and ISU seems to have a hardon for the tournament. Also OU is reeling right now and the disgrace of being ISU's sole conference win this season, in the tournament no less, would be delicious. 

569335562_ScreenShot2021-03-10at9_08_15PM.thumb.png.f4ca888b2df8a962d19447a5aedc1678.png

Kinda surprised KSU was able to put it on TCU like that. KState seems to be peaking at the right time, while TCU seems to be floundering.

KSU's defense has been really good of late (or their pace is really slow). Over their last 6 games they've given up:

KU - 59 (L)

TCU - 54 (W)

OU - 57 (W)

WVU - 65 (L)

ISU - 56 (W)

TCU - 50 (W)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Go Clones. I know it's unlikely but ISU gave them a game in the regular season and ISU seems to have a hardon for the tournament. Also OU is reeling right now and the disgrace of being ISU's sole conference win this season, in the tournament no less, would be delicious. 

Seeding-wise it probably helps the conference as a whole to have OU win this game, but I still prefer them to lose at all junctures.

Always root for OU to lose. 

13 minutes ago, Machinator said:

How many days until Prohm gets the axe?

Depends on how much publicity they want. If they want to hide it, it'll get announced on Selection Sunday around 5pm Central.

If they want to milk it for press, they'll try to get the press release out mid next week, when there's a dearth of new basketball information, as everybody just waits for the tourney to start. 

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. Actually, wrong week to take a couple of days off in the middle of the week. I'll get to catch the 1st 30 minutes of the BU game but then it's back to catching up on the 200+ emails from the idjits. I'll try to follow the radio broadcast at least. Do wish ESPN would allow the local radio broadcasts for the teams to be streamed. 

With 10m to go this is playing out almost exactly like the last game...osu consistently trailing due to TOs and sloppy play.  Let’s hope it ends the same with a spurt to jump ahead.  Obviously it’d be nice to win here and make a play for a 3 seed to avoid the juggernauts if we can advance a few times in the ncaa’s, but not gonna hold my breath.  

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

With 10m to go this is playing out almost exactly like the last game...osu consistently trailing due to TOs and sloppy play.  Let’s hope it ends the same with a spurt to jump ahead.  Obviously it’d be nice to win here and make a play for a 3 seed to avoid the juggernauts if we can advance a few times in the ncaa’s, but not gonna hold my breath.  

Well, you may be behind on your feed because I'm seeing a 5 pt lead for OSU after they created a bunch of WVU turnovers in the past 3 minutes or so.