2020-21 Big XII Basketball Thread

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Or it’s actually because COVID in Lubbock is running more rampant than syphilis at Chitwood/Weymouth.

Missouri women also canceled their game in Lubbock for the exact same reason and they would have won.  

Just wear a mask.   It's all good.

Avg daily cases in LBK 435, trending lower  in NYC it is 2206, and it's on the increase...

Yep.  It's because of the rona...

Edited by slorch

24 minutes ago, slorch said:

Avg daily cases in LBK 435, trending lower  in NYC it is 2206, and it's on the increase...

Yep.  It's because of the rona...l

24 minutes ago, slorch said:

Yep.  It's because of the rona...

So it’s spreading at a roughly 7 times higher rate in Lubbock. 

Edited by Trey3216

57 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

So it’s spreading at a roughly 7 times higher rate in Lubbock. 

so you're telling me it would be tougher to isolate in LBK than NYC?   LOLz.

The airports alone are light years different with regard to people actually being around.  Go to the fucking hotel.  Play the game.  Go home.

It's all good.  Control what you can control...( which is little more than nothing)

51 minutes ago, slorch said:

so you're telling me it would be tougher to isolate in LBK than NYC?   LOLz.

The airports alone are light years different with regard to people actually being around.  Go to the fucking hotel.  Play the game.  Go home.

It's all good.  Control what you can control...( which is little more than nothing)

Just saying that the rate of spread per population is much faster rt now in Lubbock.   

Maybe Joel was  more of a 1:4 type of guy...

Why does this whole situation smack of not taking to "hard coaching," about which which Chris Beard is about as transparent and candid as possible as being a necessary quality to be on his teams?

Edited by slorch

Pokes with a solid road win at #28 Marquette 70-62.

Looked shaky early, but went extended zone middle of the first half and pretty much shut them down the rest of the night.

I like that this team can go 10 deep and lots of our points come from the bench. Should be in every game besides the 1 or 2 bed shittings all teams have each year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, UncleCharlie said:

Pokes with a solid road win at #28 Marquette 70-62.

Looked shaky early, but went extended zone middle of the first half and pretty much shut them down the rest of the night.

I like that this team can go 10 deep and lots of our points come from the bench. Should be in every game besides the 1 or 2 bed shittings all teams have each year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

What network was this game on?

7 hours ago, BigXII said:

These announcers keep treating this Baylor-Illinois game like it's a Big Ten conference game, just can't stop sucking off the B10.

I remember when they started this sort of branding in football. You'd be watching a game between 2 teams in an entirely different conference yet get repeated references to "SEC speed" and "SEC defense". 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I always liked Brad from his SFA days. Is this mostly due to his mercenary ways?

He bolted from OSU hours after losing a tournament game, and apparently without giving us a chance to match. He's also the one who brought Lamont Evans to Stillwater who is the reason we are facing probation, while Underfuck gets no punishment at all, because the fucked up NCAA prefers to punish players and now coaches who had nothing to do with things instead of actually punishing people who are responsible. And before anyone starts barking off about "OSU must have cheated" look into what happened, nothing Evans did gave the program any competitive advantage, he did it solely to enrich himself, and went to jail for it, yet the NCAA somehow thinks the program should be punished for that, fuck them, and fuck underfuck.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

He bolted from OSU hours after losing a tournament game, and apparently without giving us a chance to match. He's also the one who brought Lamont Evans to Stillwater who is the reason we are facing probation, while Underfuck gets no punishment at all, because the fucked up NCAA prefers to punish players and now coaches who had nothing to do with things instead of actually punishing people who are responsible. And before anyone starts barking off about "OSU must have cheated" look into what happened, nothing Evans did gave the program any competitive advantage, he did it solely to enrich himself, and went to jail for it, yet the NCAA somehow thinks the program should be punished for that, fuck them, and fuck underfuck.

Any word on a possible appeal? I'd hate to have possibly the best player in college basketball miss the tourney on some complete bullshit. The NCAA loves cutting off its nose to spite its face. 

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Any word on a possible appeal? I'd hate to have possibly the best player in college basketball miss the tourney on some complete bullshit. The NCAA loves cutting off its nose to spite its face. 

No word, and I can't imagine it will amount to anything. I mean, has the NCAA *ever* gone back on something like this?

Our case seems objectively absurd, especially since they just gave another program (Alabama, IIRC) a slap on the wrist a few months ago for literally the exact same thing that Lamont Evans did.

But then this is the NCAA, and we aren't Kansas or Kentucky or Duke, so I fully expect us to get fucked.

No word, and I can't imagine it will amount to anything. I mean, has the NCAA *ever* gone back on something like this?
Our case seems objectively absurd, especially since they just gave another program (Alabama, IIRC) a slap on the wrist a few months ago for literally the exact same thing that Lamont Evans did.
But then this is the NCAA, and we aren't Kansas or Kentucky or Duke, so I fully expect us to get fucked.

I’m hoping they drag their feet long enough for us to get to play in the tournament this season. I hadn’t heard this Alabama thing. Gonna have to look that up. If we do get fucked, I need to know how much righteous indignation is appropriate.

1 minute ago, Go Pokes said:

I’m hoping they drag their feet long enough for us to get to play in the tournament this season. I hadn’t heard this Alabama thing. Gonna have to look that up. If we do get fucked, I need to know how much righteous indignation is appropriate.

Yeah but isn't the current status that we are out of the tourney, pending appeal?  So wouldn't dragging feet mean that we are still out?

17 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah but isn't the current status that we are out of the tourney, pending appeal?  So wouldn't dragging feet mean that we are still out?

I read that the probation doesn't take effect while on appeal, so if they drag their feet past March, we would get to play. I would hope that some network guys would be in their ears to just sit on it so they can get some ratings off of Cade, and then they won't really give a fuck about us. I also read that there is some precedent for having sanctions like these reduced on appeal, including the most serious of sanctions like post-season bans, but the NCAA has fucked us whenever they can, so I expect nothing from the appeal, except possibly waiting until after this year's tourney to affirm the ban hammer.

Just now, 'stache said:

I read that the probation doesn't take effect while on appeal, so if they drag their feet past March, we would get to play. I would hope that some network guys would be in their ears to just sit on it so they can get some ratings off of Cade, and then they won't really give a fuck about us. I also read that there is some precedent for having sanctions like these reduced on appeal, including the most serious of sanctions like post-season bans, but the NCAA has fucked us whenever they can, so I expect nothing from the appeal, except possibly waiting until after this year's tourney to affirm the ban hammer.

Oh ok.

Well that's cool.  I tend to not buy into the whole "they'll do it for ratings" thing, because the NCAA already has the money in their pockets from the TV rights and it's not like one player like Cade is going to demand higher ad rates; plus the ad buys have likely all been (mostly) made at this point anyway.  So even if he generates some incremental interest, it's not like it will have any real $ impact to any of the parties involved. Han

But the other part is promising... hope it works out because I want to get excited about this team, but it's hard when I keep coming back to "what's the point?"

Also, just so everyone fully understands the extent of NCAA fuckery, they have said for years that they give consideration for full cooperation during investigations, and we did so, knowing that the problem involved no competitive advantage, and that the coach was fired immediately, and he was then dealt with by the criminal justice system. As a reward for our cooperation, we got the one year ban hammer, and were told thanks for your cooperation, it could have been worse. Meanwhile, Kansas and its FIVE LEVEL 1 allegations including lack of institutional control has resulted in no action from the NCAA while Bill Self and his cronies lie their asses off and obstruct at literally every turn. What's the old saying? "The NCAA was so angry at Kansas that they hammered Oklahoma State."

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Also, just so everyone fully understands the extent of NCAA fuckery, they have said for years that they give consideration for full cooperation during investigations, and we did so, knowing that the problem involved no competitive advantage, and that the coach was fired immediately, and he was then dealt with by the criminal justice system. As a reward for our cooperation, we got the one year ban hammer, and were told thanks for your cooperation, it could have been worse. Meanwhile, Kansas and its FIVE LEVEL 1 allegations including lack of institutional control has resulted in no action from the NCAA while Bill Self and his cronies lie their asses off and obstruct at literally every turn. What's the old saying? "The NCAA was so angry at Kansas that they hammered Oklahoma State."

Yeah cooperating with them is the dumbest thing you can do. That much is crystal clear.

I would be like, "Oh you think you have something? Good luck proving it. Give us a call when you're done investigating and let us know what you found out."  Any requests for information would be met with as much stalling as possible.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Then if they want to hit us years later and "vacating wins" I'd be totally fine with that, lol.

8 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah cooperating with them is the dumbest thing you can do. That much is crystal clear.

I would be like, "Oh you think you have something? Good luck proving it. Give us a call when you're done investigating and let us know what you found out."  Any requests for information would be met with as much stalling as possible.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Then if they want to hit us years later and "vacating wins" I'd be totally fine with that, lol.

I agree, except in this case, there was no competitive advantage, so there should have been no need to hammer the program, and cooperating should have been in our interest to make clear that he was a lone actor solely enriching himself. I thought maybe something light to say "keep better tabs on your hiring" or some shit like that, but nope, ban hammer. KU paid players and is gonna get off scot free. Fuck the ncaa.

Edited by 'stache

44 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I agree, except in this case, there was no competitive advantage, so there should have been no need to hammer the program, and cooperating should have been in our interest to make clear that he was a lone actor solely enriching himself. I thought maybe something light to say "keep better tabs on your hiring" or some shit like that, but nope, ban hammer. KU paid players and is gonna get off scot free. Fuck the ncaa.

That's what pisses me off the most.  You'd think if there was ever a case where cooperating would help, it would have been this one.   And it probably would help if it was anyone other than us.  We sound like the average fan whining about the NCAA being after us, but Got damn, we have some pretty strong examples of all out fuckery.  With these sanctions, we now have the Triple Crown of NCAA fuck jobs.  They have ended any hopes of a successful season now in all three major sports on cases where EVERYBODY outside of Norman openly saying we got fucked and it's unfair.  Not exactly the type of championship you want to win, but I challenge anybody to find a school that tops our history with the NCAA as far as getting fucker over unfairly.  

• Hook 'Em 1