2020-21 Big XII Basketball Thread

Tech game felt good at the end.

Version 2.0( Morgantown V1.0) of Tech getting nailed with ticky-tack fouls while opponent did whatever the fuck they wanted.  LSU seemed so offended that the late calls occurred.

Fuck em.  Wreck em.   Keep running your mouths you fucking fucks.

Edited by slorch

55 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yes I think so. I also think Texas would have won so it would have been 5-5

In the Texas thread i felt like many Horn fans were acting as if Texas caught a break and got a reprieve.    From the get-go, I felt like Kentucky was running from y'all.   Hey, let's hide behind covid...

Edited by slorch

Ugh, TCU has our fucking number, and Cunningham went full regard there at the end. We need to beat the lower half of the league. The schedule is brutal from here on out, including we play OU back to back at the end of the regular season. Got a month to mature a whole lot if we have any hope of postseason success (assuming the NCAA either overrules the ban or delays decision until after March).

52 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Why is Texas in the top 10 again?

don't the rankings update Sunday/ Monday?

Unlike football, it don't make a shit.   Polls are just window dressing anyhoo...

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:
1 hour ago, slorch said:
don't the rankings update Sunday/ Monday?

Unlike football, it don't make a shit.   Polls are just window dressing anyhoo...

Every Monday. Why were they in the Top 10 again this week?

Mind your own fucking business, you scrote 

• Hook 'Em 1

It's really not that difficult to understand:

Polls come out Monday, then Texas lost on Tuesday and again on Saturday. Kind of difficult to have a Monday poll that reflects the results of games to be played later that week.

Then again, maybe pollsters should've realized that Shaka gon' Shaka ... and simply expected Texas to lose both of its games and ranked them accordingly.

Will the Longhorns even be in the Top 20 come Monday?

It's really not that difficult to understand:
Polls come out Monday, then Texas lost on Tuesday and again on Saturday. Kind of difficult to have a Monday poll that reflects the results of games to be played later that week.
Then again, maybe pollsters should've realized that Shaka gon' Shaka ... and simply expected Texas to lose both of its games and ranked them accordingly.
Will the Longhorns even be in the Top 20 come Monday?
What have they done? Beat a shitty KU team? Beat WV in the last seconds?

Somehow I think Baylor's games @ Ou and @ WV and against Tech will be not be played.  Baylor is going to duck the hardest games somehow.  (Tech only lost by 6) 

Texas-Baylor II will happen, I have no doubt about the league making it happen even if we had 2 scholarship players and our whole staff in quarantine. 

Pretty sure we're gonna lose to KU tonight even though they aren't that great. I fully expect a major hangover from Saturdays game, and I didn't notice at the time (slightly drunk at the time) how bad Texas was from behind the arc and that they matched us with our turnover problem. We need to get some of this shit under control and we might actually be pretty good.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Pretty sure we're gonna lose to KU tonight even though they aren't that great. I fully expect a major hangover from Saturdays game, and I didn't notice at the time (slightly drunk at the time) how bad Texas was from behind the arc and that they matched us with our turnover problem. We need to get some of this shit under control and we might actually be pretty good.

Yup

4 hours ago, slorch said:

They should have to play with who they have.

Fuck this bullshit.

Gonzaga and Baylor have similar problems. When its nut cuttin time in the tournament. Both teams have coaches that tamper with their teams to their detriment. They cannot help but do it. 
If its legit. Fine. Whatever. But Baylor is going to get in the vicegrip in March and it would benefit them to play Texas Tech and face us down. 

it is what it is. Hope everyone is enjoying the show. 

• Like 1

The COVID throws an interesting wrinkle into a lot of things. Games canceled and postponed and I have to wonder what lingering effects it will have on those who actually had the damn virus and weren't just sidelined due to contact tracing. I'm sure not every kid can shake it off and be 100% again quickly. Time will tell and we may never know exactly how it impacts this coming March. 

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The foul count is 25-19. 

It ain't just the quantity.  The quality of fouls has been a fucking joke.  The bailout calls have been repeatedly shitty.

Good for fucking Chris Beard too.

Edited by slorch