The Undoing HBO

TwiceHorn

• 4 months later...

I know I’m resurrecting an old thread, but I had heard this was good, so we sat down and watched the first two eps the other night (wife and I thought it was really compelling, we had plenty of theories), then resumed last night, and the cliffhangers kept propelling us thru the rest.

HG’s “5.5” line was just about literally what I said, despite the shitty accents leaking thru, despite obvious red herrings, we were all in until the last fucking thirty minutes, when it turned extra stupid. I’m one of the few non-Surly lawyers on this site, and even I’m screaming at the TV, “Hearsay! Hearsay! You can’t allow that!” 

So damned preposterous. 

I was all over the place on the theories, with blond lawyer friend way up there (she seemed the likely other fling Jonathan had). She knew about Elena and Jonathan due to the hospital case. By the way, who brought the case against Jonathan in the first place, if they were happily banging for so long? The husband?

I also had Kidman and Elena slurping on each other a bit as a possibility after the gym, the kid doing it, or even Sutherland whiplashing the young lass to death with one of his eyebrows.

i thought much of the acting was top notch, and enjoyed the experience for the most part, but the ridiculous legal plot holes were a giant disappointment, and sent the ending careening off that bridge Hugh stood upon. Yeesh.