Time change

Nice Guy Eddie

As much as I hate the spring time change I love the morning of the fall time change.  I still be annoyed when it’s dark at 6 tonight.

also nice that I only have to adjust one clock these days: clock on the oven.  We also don’t have as many stories from people not realizing the time has changed since we all have phones that automatically update.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Yep had laughable clusterfuck of trying schedule a call this past week.  Europe went last week. Arizona says, "Fuck you, we do our own thing..." and it went like this:

3 hours ago, Hate said:

I just wish the whole world would change the same weekend. This past week of trying to schedule calls with people in India, Europe, US, and Mexico has been a clusterfuck.

When I used to work for an international company, I ran into this problem head-on.  Regular cadence meetings shifting based on the organizer's time zone. and my job mainly had organizer's in the UK which occasionally shifted meetings to 7am.

9 hours ago, Hate said:

I just wish the whole world would change the same weekend. This past week of trying to schedule calls with people in India, Europe, US, and Mexico has been a clusterfuck.

Or better yet, we could be like the rest of the world and get rid of this antiquated practice. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 11/1/2020 at 10:54 AM, Doc Reeves said:

Shit. 
So is that why my 3yo was up at 4:30 this morning?

No shit.  My 5 week old didn’t give 2 fucks about what time it was.  Every 3 hours for a bottle, not to mention that occasional need for a 1/2 bottle in between.   Daylight savings was sleep loss time for dad.  

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

No shit.  My 5 week old didn’t give 2 fucks about what time it was.  Every 3 hours for a bottle, not to mention that occasional need for a 1/2 bottle in between.   Daylight savings was sleep loss time for dad.  

Sucks for you, but still real glad to hear that. 

8 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
9 hours ago, Lobo said:
Are these the four months where it's the same time in Hawaii as it is in Phoenix and most of Indiana?  

What?

I was pointing out that as annoying as the switch between DT and ST, it's more compounded that Hawaii doesn't have the switch at all, Arizona doesn't have the switch or maybe they do now (not sure, that's the point).  And Indiana was the most fucked up of all.  NE Indiana has always been on CT to keep in line with Chicago, 80% of the state was on ET.  But NE Indiana didn't acknowledge DST for awhile, which made them a pain in the ass.  And then for a few years, Indiana even let county by county decide on whether they'd observe DST.  It was a clusterfuck for several years.  No Time Change thread is complete until we hash out these crazy outliers on what is already an outdated calendar bug. 

• 3 years later...