Nate Silver is full of shit

Victor Lazlo

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Thanks for bumping this thread so I could revisit some of Tom's "predictions" from around the time of the election. 

He's gotta be either dead or locked up, right?

He came back under another name recently and talked about patrolling the border, so probably not.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Here’s as good a place as any to post. Cohn is my favorite of Silver / Cohn / G Elliot, but he suddenly took a turn into idiocy.  What is he taking about?

So is this now the thread for all Nates? Should I post here about Nate Burleson? What if want to talk about AFC Richmond coaches?

• Hook 'Em 1

Doesn't matter.  There are millions of TToms out there.  A fair number will act on the goading of their god.  "Stochastic terrorism" -- a time-honored tactic, predictable in its results.

Except it has not. Go ahead and ignore that. Trump lost in the most agonizing way possible most likely to lead to problems and there’s been nothing. 
same as it ever was same as it was ever going to be. 
I set the over under in election related deaths at 1.5 and bet the under. Shocking. 
but you managed to find a drunk on a bender willing to pop off on the internet and are now trying to claim the breakdown of society. 
Another data point wrong. Another time you take credit for being wrong by declaring yourself right. 

January 6 says “hi” Wulaw

Here’s as good a place as any to post. Cohn is my favorite of Silver / Cohn / G Elliot, but he suddenly took a turn into idiocy.  What is he taking about?

Idiocy? Uh, is this really that hard to interpret? He’s saying there’s a path for Biden to improve his standing by addressing inflation because that’s what the public is concerned with, as opposed to passing BBB.

Unfortunately for Biden, the vast majority of what’s driving inflation is not in his control.

Five cops and one terrorist. That’s six. Unless you wager in bad faith.

What I like is claiming credit for the attempts that failed. Remember the Florida MAGA bomber who they busted before anyone died? Remember how the capitol police successfully protected Pelosi and others who the mob OPENLY said they were looking to kill? How about the Leander resident arrested just this week who stated his intent to murder Georgia election officials. “See the MAGAts aren’t very good at political murder” isn’t exactly a vindication.

Trump has fed a murderous death cult. “All their attempts at murder have fallen short so far” is not the comfort that some think it is. History is full of murderous fascist/authoritarian movements that tripped over their own dick for years….until they didn’t.

What I like is claiming credit for the attempts that failed. Remember the Florida MAGA bomber who they busted before anyone died? Remember how the capitol police successfully protected Pelosi and others who the mob OPENLY said they were looking to kill? How about the Leander resident arrested just this week who stated his intent to murder Georgia election officials. “See the MAGAts aren’t very good at political murder” isn’t exactly a vindication.

Trump has fed a murderous death cult. “All their attempts at murder have fallen short so far” is not the comfort that some think it is. History is full of murderous fascist/authoritarian movements that tripped over their own dick for years….until they didn’t.

Folks on the right will say that all of those officer suicides after the attack were coincidental. I mean, they did not die on Capital Grounds on the 6th.

Mostly I was referencing Jan 6 because of Wulaw dissing Brisket for saying that there would be violence. There was a fucking attack on Congress to stop the certification of the election that would have worked had they been able to kidnap some of them. It was close.

Brisket nailed it. The response that this unprecedented violent attack on the Capital did not fulfill that prediction - because 1.5 deaths in a Capital attack proves the absence of Brisket’s far right attacks is - well, very Maga-ish.