2018 Indycar

BlueGreySky

the last row climbed an astounding number of places each.... something like 28, 15, 12 each (no stats in front of me now). listened to the race on radio in le mans, france. there are many employees working the 24 hour race staying here in my hotel, yet i'll miss that race being back in indy. lol.

will is definitely more chill now after the recent indycar deaths and also the birth of his child last year. never liked him much but his radio interviews today along with the absolute joy and passion in his voice about winning made me happy for him. 

rossi is a beast. long career ahead of him.

fernando alsonso tweeted today just before the green flag "now the race of the day begins" ... ouch considering he was going to later race at monaco f1. he will be back at indy - no doubt. can't wait.

really had hoped that stefan wilson had some rossi fuel strategy in his back pocket in those final 5 laps, but alas he had to pit. how amazing would that win have been for the memory of his brother, his life, and the never-say-die attitude of indy.

second hottest indy 500 ever.  91f.  could have contributed to the amount of wrecks as the rubber on the track, at certain temps, would begin to leak some of the oil in the tires making it slick even in the good grooves. 

will power now in first place in points champ. may have series considering cutting the double-points offered by the 500. 

here comes the two races in detroit and the texas ms. hope its continues to be an exciting season. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rantanamo said:

LOL, had the race spoiled by a fucking phone news notification, lol.  Is the race even worth watching already knowing the winner?

I had the race spoiled by Scott Rogowski, the host of HQ Trivia last night. 

I forgot how annoying I find Liz Power's plastic bottle chewing antics. I get it, but I burst out laughing when in her post-race interview, she talked about how calm she was at the end of the race. 

Agreed about the #33 car. That was some pretty bad judgment by the tower. 

Did Vegas offer odds on Danica completing the race? Talk about a sure thing... 

rossi shit the bed.  "i don't know what happened." uh, you locked up the front pretty bad heading into 3 and on the next lap locked it up even worse because that's what happens.  should have let hunter-reay go by after locking it up once and kept on top of the championship.   like andretti pretty much told you to do.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

yeah, nice triple post.   anyway, if you ever get the chance to watch "Dust For Glory" it is pretty cool, it is a documentary about the Baja 1000.  Also the Baja 1000 is on my racing bucket list.

I can vouch for that. Great flick.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:43 AM, Bill Brasky said:

yeah, nice triple post.   anyway, if you ever get the chance to watch "Dust For Glory" it is pretty cool, it is a documentary about the Baja 1000.  Also the Baja 1000 is on my racing bucket list.

As a participant?  That'd be cool.

Personally, I'm more of a Cannoball Run kind of guy.  As long as there's girls in Lamborghinis.