The Democratic Party

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It’s a big tent. #blm #lovewins 🏳️‍🌈

🤷🤷‍♀️🤷🏽‍♂️

Look, we won't give you a better wage and we won't increase your voting rights or anything like that, but we'll dab on TV and we'll paint "BLACK LIVES MATTER" on your street. Oh, and we'll say "QUEEN!" in reaction to at least 3 Beyonce Tweets.

Deal?

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah right. Those guys are being used to justify inaction. Both could be easily bought or strong-armed if the powers that be wanted.

Again, if Manchin feels too much heat, there is nothing to keep him from bolting to the GOP and there is no downside for him doing so. Dems need to win more seats to neutralize him.

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Again, if Manchin feels too much heat, there is nothing to keep him from bolting to the GOP and there is no downside for him doing so. Dems need to win more seats to neutralize him.

There is no hope for the future of the Democratic Party if the Democratic Party cannot win West Virginia using FDR principles.

None.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

There is no hope for the future of the Democratic Party if the Democratic Party cannot win West Virginia using FDR principles.

None.

The fact that WV’s governor is governing much as he did as a Democrat with the protection of an R behind his name, tells you all you need to know about the mindset of WV voters. They’ll somehow manage to give Republicans credit for their much needed 1400 sustenance checks.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The fact that WV’s governor is governing much as he did as a Democrat with the protection of an R behind his name, tells you all you need to know about the mindset of WV voters. They’ll somehow manage to give Republicans credit for their much needed 1400 sustenance checks.

Can you imagine FDR being on the defense in West Virginia for Social Security?

Much of the state is one big WPA project. 

Maddening that one sector (coal) controls the narrative in a state with so much poverty.  The power of propaganda. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not really. I mean, I think there are good arguments for the $15 min. wage, but because the small finite number of billionaires grew 10x during that time frame and the minimum wage only grew 2.5x, I don't think tells a story in and of itself.

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

As loathsome as I find Frank Luntz to be, the Democrats need somebody like him to help craft their messaging. 

Not untrue. I am not sure the center-right leaders want to improve messaging in that direction. They fear it might piss off the gentry class, which would affect their wages.

tumblr_inline_mka0a8OmqY1qz4rgp.gif&f=1&

Dem leadership can’t do anything to make Manchin and Sinema vote the way they don’t want to vote. 

I’m usually in this camp - and I do think this holds truer for Sinema.

But Manchin wil 100% lose his seat in his next election.

He rode a special appointment to an incumbency and barely hung on to his seat in a Blue Wave in 2018 when the primary motivation for Democratic turnout was “Fuck Trump!”.

He knows his days are numbered; so does everyone else. His performative turn as the “Moderate Conscience of The Senate Democrats” will mean exactly jack and shit against a Jim Justice or whoever next election.

None of his nonsense will do anything to help in four years so that’s why it’s so frustrating to watch.

FFS, go out actually doing something and helping people, Joe.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Not really. I mean, I think there are good arguments for the $15 min. wage, but because the small finite number of billionaires grew 10x during that time frame and the minimum wage only grew 2.5x, I don't think tells a story in and of itself.

Yes it really does.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m usually in this camp - and I do think this holds truer for Sinema.

But Manchin wil 100% lose his seat in his next election.

He rode a special appointment to an incumbency and barely hung on to his seat in a Blue Wave in 2018 when the primary motivation for Democratic turnout was “Fuck Trump!”.

He knows his days are numbered; so does everyone else. His performative turn as the “Moderate Conscience of The Senate Democrats” will mean exactly jack and shit against a Jim Justice or whoever next election.

None of his nonsense will do anything to help in four years so that’s why it’s so frustrating to watch.

FFS, go out actually doing something and helping people, Joe.

Or better yet, cut a deal with his own party where he votes for stuff like the $15 min wage and in return he gets some federal money sent to West Virginia via a new military base, new infrastructure like high speed trains to Pitt and DC, and other stuff like that.  He then has a good chance to win an election against a Republican if he can point to serious stuff he got the state.  This also helps the Dems as they keep his seat.  Win-win for everybody well except the US tax payers not in West Virginia but maybe if you get them enough federal funding then some of those yahoos may actually start to vote D more consistently.  I know the first mention of gay abortion toting gun immigrants will send the yokels back to the Republican voting block but its worth a shot to try and bribe the citizens of that state to move more to the Democratic center.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Or better yet, cut a deal with his own party where he votes for stuff like the $15 min wage and in return he gets some federal money sent to West Virginia via a new military base, new infrastructure like high speed trains to Pitt and DC, and other stuff like that.  He then has a good chance to win an election against a Republican if he can point to serious stuff he got the state.  This also helps the Dems as they keep his seat.  Win-win for everybody well except the US tax payers not in West Virginia but maybe if you get them enough federal funding then some of those yahoos may actually start to vote D more consistently.  I know the first mention of gay abortion toting gun immigrants will send the yokels back to the Republican voting block but its worth a shot to try and bribe the citizens of that state to move more to the Democratic center.

Ding ding ding

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Is this a real post or were you fucking with us?

Senators relish being in the spotlight for being independent.

Mitch McConnell had trouble keeping his own caucus together - he couldn’t force McCain or Collins or Murkowski to vote how he wanted.  Remember the ACA repeal?

image.gif.317e2486eb07842aaab5d124ce60b443.gif

Manchin and Sinema are no different. They get off on this. 

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Mitch McConnell had trouble keeping his own caucus together - he couldn’t force McCain or Collins or Murkowski to vote how he wanted.  Remember the ACA repeal?

What about the other six?

Why on earth did they even vote on this? EDIT: Ah. Vote-a-rama. Still, what a bad look for Democrats.

Edited by David Dennison

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What about the other six?

Why on earth did they even vote on this?

It was a stupid procedural vote and Bernie offered it up knowing it would fail and was posturing and got exactly what he wanted. 

Adding minimum wage to this bill would have put passage in jeopardy. 

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It was a stupid procedural vote and Bernie offered it up knowing it would fail and was posturing and got exactly what he wanted. 

Adding minimum wage to this bill would have put passage in jeopardy. 

When unity is at a premium, this is how fractured the DEMOCRATS are on the fucking minimum wage.

I would say it's unbelievable, but it's completely believable.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Dude come on. You’re not this dense.

Edited by hobbes2702

22 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bitch, fuck you.

White feminism is a god damned plague.

Besides Marie Yovanovitch and a few others, I find myself consistently disappointed with white women on both sides of the aisle over the last four plus years. 

4 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Eight Democratic Senators is not his fault.

It absolutely is.  Especially since this was a throwaway vote for everyone of them and Biden didn’t instruct Kamala Harris to overrule the parliamentarian. Sad!

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:
17 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:
the Senator is quite unserious

It's called LEGISLATING dumbass

A former member of the Green Party who is a hard-core right wing libertarian on economic policy?  How does that happen. Oh yeah . . . grifting.