The Biden Cabinet

Bullneck

52 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Who ya got?

Secretary of Energy…AOC. We need an energy expert in this position.

Secretary of State…Ilhan Omar. If that’s not possible, then she would be a good choice as ambassador to Israel.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Cacti said:

Secretary of Energy…AOC. We need an energy expert in this position.

Secretary of State…Ilhan Omar. If that’s not possible, then she would be a good choice as ambassador to Israel.

Good call on AOC.  She would push solar for certain.  But I've heard she might become UN Ambassador.  We need to put our best face forward in rebuilding our standing with the rest of the world.

11 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Warren wants the treasury secretary spot. Sally Yates should be the AG and Fiona Hill needs to find her way back to the State Department.

I would love Warren in Treasury, but even with a Democratic Senate it was tough to imagine him using political capital to give her the nod. It'd be interpeted as a very hostile move by wall street and the corporate wing of the party, of which he is from. I straight up do not think she would get through a Republican Senate.

Remember that as we discuss this. His appointments are going to have to get a couple R votes.

Edited by gmr548

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I would love Warren in Treasury, but even with a Democratic Senate it was tough to imagine him using political capital to give her the nod. I straight do not think she would get through a Republican Senate.

Remember that as we discuss this. His appointments are going to have to get a couple R votes.

Good point. If that's the case, then be prepared to be underwhelmed. Mitch is going to give Biden hell.

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Abrams

doug jones

katie porter

Adam Schiff is awesome so not sure if there is something for him

maybe Beto or a Castro bro? We need some Texas representation.

I would say Elizabeth Warren but I don’t think you can give up a senator in a state with a Republican governor. 

Warren isn't a Senate seat problem. The MA lege has a veto proof majority, they could just pass a law saying the appointment has to be from the same party. It's a Republicans aren't confirming her issue.

I mostly want to see Biden make a point to build his cabinet with an eye toward youth and diversity. The Democrats desperately need to grow the bench.

20 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

All of them technically vacant for two years because Turtle McConnell won't allow any of them to be Senate confirmed.

Can't Biden just use the Trump trick of "acting" or "interim" spots? Stooping to Trump's level is not ideal but if McConnell won't allow anyone, you gotta do what you gotta do.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I would say Elizabeth Warren but I don’t think you can give up a senator in a state with a Republican governor. 

If I recall correctly, the governor doesn't have that power in her state. It's up to the state legislature, and it's controlled by Dems.

Edited by USMCHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Can't Biden just use the Trump trick of "acting" or "interim" spots? Stooping to Trump's level is not ideal but if McConnell won't allow anyone, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Yeah, the Biden administration will have people in charge - that's why I said "technically" vacant - but the point against McConnell still stands.

I'm just glad there will be discussions as to who would be qualified to run which Department instead of the trump administration approach which was putting family and the highest donors into whatever spots were available.

Edited by TexLonghorn

20 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Pete has got to fit in somewhere. He has earned it and needs to expand his political experience.

seems like he is young/successful enough to do whatever he want politically, doesn’t need a cabinet seat to grow his brand. Same with Yang. 

I think both of them are eyeing 24. 

31 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

All of them technically vacant for two years because Turtle McConnell won't allow any of them to be Senate confirmed.

I strongly lament Mitch winning his race. Strongly.

Edited by pacman

26 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Pete has got to fit in somewhere. He has earned it and needs to expand his political experience.

Very much agree. He would be an excellent Press secretary but much of his talent would be under utilized in that position. 
Clay Jenkins for HUD secretary.

8 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

You'd think so. UN Ambassador is likely the highest position they would probably offer if I had to guess. Maybe communications director or something? 

1 hour ago, orangecat92 said:

Hugely Important position....not always talked about...chief of staff.. Maybe Pete or Abrams....I remember reading about Reagan’s chief during his first term. Everybody was worried how the actor would behave, and boy did he!  Chief was the reason why. 

My first thought is Biden might prefer someone with more experience navigating congressional relationships, but both are quick studies and could rise to the occasion.

4 hours ago, RexWilson said:

If GA goes blue, I would think Abrams has earned herself a spot. Not sure where. Has a legal background and state level political experience.

She's earned a spot regardless of the outcome because she's bootstrapped GA purple while other states with similar or better demographics are still red (FL, NC, TX).

She's among the most talented politicians in America. She's as quick as Buttigieg and can build a coalition.

While she's done MORE THAN ENOUGH to earn a spot in the Cabinet, sadly, that may be her cap because of bigotry.

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I would love Warren in Treasury, but even with a Democratic Senate it was tough to imagine him using political capital to give her the nod. It'd be interpeted as a very hostile move by wall street and the corporate wing of the party, of which he is from. I straight up do not think she would get through a Republican Senate.

She can be the interim secretary

A few early guesses, will think about this more:

Secretary of State: Susan Rice

Defense: Duckworth (might consider a symbolic Republican here and a few other slots so show symbolism of his messaging, I am very sure he will seriously consider at least one Republican for a Cabinet position somewhere) but there is another good candidate out there that could be the choice.

Man, this is hard at this time of morning I better stop while I am behind!

8 hours ago, gmr548 said:

They can all be “acting” until 2022 

McRaven would be an excellent choice for Sec. of Defense, but he wouldn't take it.  I mean, he'd take it if offered out of a sense of duty, but he'd try to make it known first he doesn't want to go back to D.C.  

Although it will drive his party nuts, I think Biden is the kind of guy to have two Republicans in Cabinet (or cabinet-level rank like OMB Director, U.S. Trade Rep., SBA head, et. al.).  

Is it crazy to think that Biden should ask Munchin to stay on as Treasure Secretary thru the end of the pandemic? By most accounts he's done an excellent job with what he's had to work with. Imagine trying to get Orange boy, McConnell and Pelosi all on the same page and to agree. It seems Munchin and Pelosi have a good working relationship and he's also probably tired of dealing with Dotard.

Probably crazy but I think alot would get done between Biden, Senate Republicans, Pelosi and Munchin working together. 

8 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

Is it crazy to think that Biden should ask Munchin to stay on as Treasure Secretary thru the end of the pandemic? By most accounts he's done an excellent job with what he's had to work with. Imagine trying to get Orange boy, McConnell and Pelosi all on the same page and to agree. It seems Munchin and Pelosi have a good working relationship and he's also probably tired of dealing with Dotard.

Probably crazy but I think alot would get done between Biden, Senate Republicans, Pelosi and Munchin working together. 

If all the dirt comes out, Munchin gets lined up against the wall with the rest of them.  No FUCKING way he gets a spot.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

Gotcha. Just seems he can work with Democrats and of course the Republicans 

He hasn’t been able to get a stimulus deal done in the midst of a pandemic. He can go back to funding bad dc superhero movies now...

fiona hill for ambassador to Russia for the lulz. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Preet Baraba for Deputy AG ?

Stacey wants to be governor of Georgia. She would have taken VP but I don't think she is interested in a cabinet post.

Preet has gone a little too political, imo.  He would be an improvement, but I think there's better out there.  Yates would be fine.

Put John Kasich at  Defense, or McRaven. 

Warren at Treasury because Wall Street and corporate America regulation roll backs need to be unfucked again and she has a plan for that.

I can see Pete as Chief of Staff. If Biden truly sees his son Beau in him, then he might trust him. But honestly, this important role needs to go to a strong person that he can trust to tell him hard truths and that he will feel comfortable believing. I don't know who but maybe bring back someone from the Obama admin that would fit this mold. 

11 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

seems like he is young/successful enough to do whatever he want politically, doesn’t need a cabinet seat to grow his brand. Same with Yang. 

I think both of them are eyeing 24. 

i agree with you, but would still love to see Yang as Secretary of Labor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Errestaurants said:

Mnuchin spearheaded the effort to politicize and fuck up the USPS. I hope him and DeJoy share the same cell. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/22/business/economy/dejoy-postmaster-general-trump-mnuchin.amp.html