The Biden Cabinet

Bullneck

And they run the myriad national laboratories around the nation that deal with our nuclear development (as both energy source and weapons program).  They also deal with how our nuclear waste is transported and disposed.  Most O&G business is not under their purview, that's left to the States, FERC, and the EPA.  Not real sure about who actually regulates Coal since it's making this massive comeback, it'll probably require like ten new agencies just to deal with how fucking awesome and robust it's doing.  

Fun fact---the Dept. of Energy is the reason I had to change my username from Cruiser to Lobo.  I'll tell the story one more time, if for no other reason than to royally piss off Rex Kramer.  

I hope some Trump cabinet member that left because he was an incompetent sack of shit will be invited back to serve in come capacity and be a reminder of how great our nation is when decent people work together.  

6 hours ago, Errestaurants said:

Is it crazy to think that Biden should ask Munchin to stay on as Treasure Secretary thru the end of the pandemic? By most accounts he's done an excellent job with what he's had to work with. Imagine trying to get Orange boy, McConnell and Pelosi all on the same page and to agree. It seems Munchin and Pelosi have a good working relationship and he's also probably tired of dealing with Dotard.

Probably crazy but I think alot would get done between Biden, Senate Republicans, Pelosi and Munchin working together. 

Yes, it is crazy.

b9a9b7ad69b256ad8eb234f95de4d9d8_xl.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

I like Pete for Secretary of Defense.  Some might scoff at his McKinsey resume, but I like it for the position.  Sure, there is a lot of bullshit in the consulting industry, but they keep making money for a reason.  And, you know the DoD uses that type of analysis, so it would be good to have someone who knows what goes into the analysis to recognize flaws, misses, and bullshit.  The DoD is one of our biggest annual costs, and if there is going to be any meaningful budget control, it will need to be approached from a business management approach. Since he was a consultant prior to his stint in the military, you know that's the lens he viewed his service.  I bet he had a list of improvements to make before he ever went into politics.  Unlike some SoD with military experience, his service is really recent - just six years ago.  But, he is also very much a civilian.  I don't see the point of having a general in the role.  There are plenty of generals in the Pentagon that can provide that perspective.  And, I think he is fully committed to getting us out of perpetual war, and he has the experience to challenge the obstacles to that goal that others may present. 

The negative is that I think it would damage his career.  You can't make meaningful changes without getting a lot hate thrown your way.  

10 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

SecState:  Mitt Romney.

Best way I can think of to change the political dialogue in a hurry.

Nah.  For one thing, I think Romney may be more important in the Senate for Biden.  In a 52/48 split, he may represent a potential defection on some reasonably moderate legislation. 

For another, Romney may be the Republican nominee in four years.  You don't put him in your cabinet.  

But, most importantly, I am very concerned what Trump did with State, particularly in the Mideast.  I don't trust Romney to bring light on to anything that would put the Republicans in bad light.  And I'm not sure a right wing Christian is the guy to unfuck things there. (And, yes, Romney is a right-wing Christian.) 

Edited by Tuco
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Nah.  For one thing, I think Romney may be more important in the Senate for Biden.  In a 52/48 split, he may represent a potential defection on some reasonably moderate legislation. 

For another, Romney may be the Republican nominee in four years.  You don't put him in your cabinet.  

But, most importantly, I am very concerned what Trump did with State, particularly in the Mideast.  I don't trust Romney to bring light on to anything that would put the Republicans in bad light.  And I'm not sure a right wing Christian is the guy to unfuck things there. (And, yes, Romney is a right-wing Christian.) 

Was going to say the same thing. Don't pad the resume of the guy that might try to replace you in 2024. 

The republican party is way too unhinged to nominate someone as sane as Romney, and they wont forgive him for the impeachment vote.   No way he is the nominee in 2024.    I don't think you put him in the cabinet because it does not make a difference in terms of reconciliation.  Any sane republican that gets a cabinet seat will immediately be written off as a RINO.  

BTW, I would like to see Heinrich for Dept. of Interior.  Impressive guy that clearly understands public lands issues.   

26 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Sec of State = Susan Rice

8 hours ago, GopherRock said:

Remember that the Department of Energy primarily deals with the maintenance of nuclear weaponry. I want someone there that has a background in that. 

I'm sure he would be better at it than Rick fucking Perry was, but Jimmy Carter is getting a bit up there in years.

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Just read something suggesting if we pick up one of the GA senate seats, Schumer should offer to make Romney the majority leader. 49 Dems + Romney + VP would get it done. Would be fun to stick that knife in Mitch's back. 

That would be awesome and has a zero chance probability of occurring. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tuco said:

State is a ghost town. So many open jobs. A lot of institutional knowledge has simply retired and likely won't come back.

Doug Jones, Head of the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division. Fitting and proper.

He has a lot of experience prosecuting white nationalist terrorists - and experience in getting convictions - so that would be a great post for him but I think he’s going to get the big DoJ job - AG.

15 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

He has a lot of experience prosecuting white nationalist terrorists - and experience in getting convictions - so that would be a great post for him but I think he’s going to get the big DoJ job - AG.

Also fitting and proper.

Don’t forget Biden promised to appoint some republicans.  IMO, this is first promise to be broken.  I just don’t see it.  Maybe in a very low level position.  But an actual cabinet level position?

Maybe there is a position low enough for that republican who appeared at the DNC?

5 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Don’t forget Biden promised to appoint some republicans.  IMO, this is first promise to be broken.  I just don’t see it.  Maybe in a very low level position.  But an actual cabinet level position?

Maybe there is a position low enough for that republican who appeared at the DNC?

I think he will appoint one in order of likelihood, Transportation, Defense, maybe Veterans Affairs.

11 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

There are plenty of retired Republicans who you might pull in.  Chuck Hagel was Obama's Sec of Defense.  There are likely some governors like Larry Hogan out of Maryland who seems like a pretty good guy.  You can get it done without appointing people who were engaged in the bullshit of the last 4 years.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Stacey Abrams will get a spot somewhere, it would be a huge snub not to. Warren's needed in the Senate. 

State - Susan Rice

Treasury - Sarah Raskin

Defense -  Mattis or McRaven sound great, but probably wont. My vote is Duckworth

AG - Yates or Doug Jones with Deputy AG: Schiff

Interior - *Shrug* Infrastructure weeks all the way down. Can Jay Inslee do both this and the EPA?

Ag - Klobuchar

Commerce - Kasich or some other moderate anti-trump republican (it's gonna happen)

Labor - Yang Gang

HHS - BERNIE! Just kidding, but I have not idea. Just make it Fauci and tell him he can do whatever he wants 

HUD - Put the Castro Bros back in they can hit the ground running having done it before

Energy - Bear with me on this one. Rick Perr...... I can't even do it. 

VA - Pistol Pete if he didn't want Chief of Staff or UN Ambassador. Jason Kander otherwise.

Homeland - Nobody, ditch it

EPA - Jay Inslee

Not the cabinet, but I hope Walter Shaub still advises. They need a good team in the Office of Government Ethics since it's a hot mess right now. He's stopping his twitter account (except for his music one and deleted all of his tweets save a couple to say goodbye. I'll miss his updates. I didn't realize that Blaire Erskine is his grand-daughter. How cool is that?

Here is his music account:

https://twitter.com/TheFMWALT