Great earbuds on a budget

markstanco

I was looking for something to work in the yard with. These are great. Price is right as well and they come with 5 or 6 different sizes for your ear. Magnetic or cord charging which is a plus as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RGZ5NKS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_gQlPFb48M2NED?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

48,000 reviews at 4.5 stars and a 18 month warranty. Thats good shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 year later...

I was helping my FIL pair up his expensive Bose earbuds and it occurred to me that I might enjoy a very inexpensive set, mostly for movie watching and pretty casual music listening.  I am biased against bluetooth for audio, because early experiences were atrocious, but it has come a long way, even without aptx.

Anyway, I found these on an early Black Friday deal at best buy.  https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/jlab-audio/go-air-pop-true-wireless

They are astonishingly good for 13, or even 20, bucks.  Most amazing is the build quality.  The touch controls are slighly hit and miss, and they apparently suck for phone calls, but I have no interest in using them that way, ymmv.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

I have been telling people about these for years after trying shit-tons of buds. Cheap and great quality sound. Just get them into your ear properly and you'll never go back. They have multi sized earpiece options for fit. They even come in a variety of colors. Just trust me on this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ELYQHK/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_9?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I have been telling people about these for years after trying shit-tons of buds. Cheap and great quality sound. Just get them into your ear properly and you'll never go back. They have multi sized earpiece options for fit. They even come in a variety of colors. Just trust me on this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ELYQHK/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_9?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Wired, gross

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not usually a huge fan, but they have good deals on things from time to time and you can cut down on nonsense by buying online even if just for store pickup.

I don’t have a good history with them and they have a restraining order against me. 

• Haha 1

Splurge and get the AirPods Pro. Noise canceling, immersive sound, about 5 hours battery life, start/stop with a touch, answer incoming calls with a touch, and they’re very small/discreet. I wear one in my left ear at all times during the work week. And they almost never fall out of your ear. 

This is the only Apple purchase I’ve made that I’ve been completely satisfied with. 

I wear mine in the yard and clean them with a lens wipe afterwards. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Splurge and get the AirPods Pro. Noise canceling, immersive sound, about 5 hours battery life, start/stop with a touch, answer incoming calls with a touch, and they’re very small/discreet. I wear one in my left ear at all times during the work week. And they almost never fall out of your ear. 

This is the only Apple purchase I’ve made that I’ve been completely satisfied with. 

I wear mine in the yard and clean them with a lens wipe afterwards. 

I should be clear.  If this is how you want to use your earbuds, I think you will be dissatisfied with the cheapies I recommended.

I don't "walkman" around with my phone and I have no interest in being further connected to it.  I think the microphone in the ones I recommended is subpar for that purpose.  That's why I posted the review instead of a direct link to buy.

But if a cheap, decent (not audiphile) set of wireless headphones, for general listening to movies, or the "radio" or whatever while you work or lie in bed is of interest, these will get the job done pretty well.  Mainly as an improvement to laptop or tablet speakers.

Also, these aren't super-ergo, but they are small and light enough to be comfortable for a good while.