the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, this is a better description of engineers.

In the law, if all the proof is shitty, you have to decide whose proof is less shitty.  Engineers just want to say it's all shitty and I can't make a decision on this shit.

Sounds like not guilty to me. 

46 minutes ago, Lobo said:

How do you think their brass section, "The GrooveLine Horns" got their name?  It was like watching the three out-of-wedlock Hispanic sons of Karl Malden inhale all of Colombia between sets.  But alas, 'twas a simpler time in Austin.  

Don, Jr. would have fucking loved it.  

Grooveline Horns are the shit and you should feel ashamed if you haven't caught them in a show.

19 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Oh and appellate courts don’t have the ability to take new evidence. They have to rely on the record of the case. 

That's an abomination of a preliminary statement, but it's not asking the appeals court for an injunction.

It appears to be asking that it a) reverse and remand the motion for leave to amend and b) if the trial court grants same on remand c) order it to hold a preliminary injunction hearing on an expedited basis.

Of course, the court of appeals lacks the ability or jurisdiction to grant b or c.

4 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Grooveline Horns are the shit and you should feel ashamed if you haven't caught them in a show.

I am not ashamed about my attendance at their performances.  more like some other shit than went down.  

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

She got one thing right. It shouldn’t be up to one person

at some point we have to either assume our form of government works or it doesn't.  we would literally have to have redundant people at every post in the entirety of the government in case you have a nutter/coward there that is overtaken by some sudden urge to betray her oath.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This legal effort is such a fucking pathetic joke. 

Well at least the court systems still works well enough, even if a lot of judges now are republican assholes. They will just continue to do corporate America’s bidding which I guarantee you does not include some asshole like trump starting a civil war. 

All of you hysterics like brisket should simply ask yourself this question. Does corporate America want a civil war? If the answer is no,  it won’t happen. At least from all these right wing lunatics. 

Yep - Joe Biden fits corporate America just fucking fine...especially when the alternative is civil war.  People need to get a fucking grip. Oh wow, looks like we keep moving towards a peaceful transition of power?  Man, I am fucking shocked.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

She got one thing right. It shouldn’t be up to one person

I, I, I, my, I, I, I 

The first-person perspective and the personal voice signal a weak argument:

• An excessive reliance on personal material and/or personal references can result in (or reflect) academic work that focuses more on the writer than the subject at hand
  • An overemphasis on personal opinions may result from a lack of scholarly sources on which to base more empirical conclusions
  • An extensive focus on personal material may come across as narcissistic self- absorption or a lack of academic rigor rather than an honest statement of one’s investment in a particular subject

https://twp.duke.edu/sites/twp.duke.edu/files/file-attachments/first-person.original.pdf

45 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I feel like we're hours from Rudy throwing out the Chewbacca defense. And he'll do it just like that. "I declare the Chewbacca defense!" As hair dye drips off his nose and lands on his cheeseburger grease stained tie.  

Now see here, sir- cheeseburger grease stained attire is the mark of a happy person and I will not apologize for it. 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Assuming they get this "all-knowing and all-powerful" second amended complaint in by Thanksgiving.  That leaves them just ten "business/court" days until the EC is seated around the country.  11/30-12/11 (with one weekend in the middle there).  Surely no self-respecting court of any particular philosophical or political tilt is going to cobble together a rushed opinion on these matters the fucking weekend before the EC voters make their way to their state Capitols.  Trump's shitshow may operate like that but surely our federal judges have a little more tact and pride.  

As has been stated on this thread, yes we had a similar "rush job" in 2000 but that was a handful of counties in Florida and followed one very clear judicial "chain-of-command."  And they still barely got that decided on time.  This is a multiple-theater war being waged in WI, MI, PA, MN, GA, and possibly NV.  IN some places, it's still state court, in others its federal district, or federal appellate.  In some states it's with local election officials, in other places---it's that Secretary of State.  

I'll sit back and let you lawyers figure out the legal hurdles.  But as a logistics man by trade, I'm looking at a calendar, a map of the United States, and then a list of the people/courts involved in this.  I don't see how you get it wrapped in ten working days after Turkey Day.  The two Electors I know indicated that were further ordered by their state leadership to ignore any rumors that they will not be seated on 14 December.  And that they should continue with current travel plans especially given Covid-19 to get to the state Capitol to record their votes.  That any important legal news will be relayed to them by their state leadership but their charge is the same it has always been.  I can only assume electors in WI, MI, PA, MN, GA, and NV received something similar. 

I bring that up because, for all the shit we like to blame on the SCOTUS, I can't fathom them scrambling to decide on multiple appellate rulings from multiple circuits and getting it all hashed out and handing down a ruling on a Saturday while 538 electors are trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.  People need to head to Harrisburg or Atlanta or Carson City or Lansing or Madison knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are casting their vote according to their party's candidate having won their state's popular vote with absolutely zero reservation.  If there are lingering doubts, then neither party will stand down and you'll have 2x the number of EC voters (half from each party)  holding their dicks in their Capitol's rotunda while armed militia protest outside and lawyers scramble and Trump and Rudy give lawncare center speeches from down the road and our nation looks like a bumbling banana republic having it's first middle school class president election.  

Given what we know about the fucking lunatic kidnappers in Michigan...can you imagine 16 GOP EC voters and 16 Democrat EC voters show up in Lansing on 14 December.  Each ordered there by their states leadership (they were already chosen a long time ago and know the drill).  Lawyers and elected officials on both sides screaming at the Capitol Police to let them into the chamber to cast their votes, the Capitol Police confused by conflicting orders from a Democratic Governor and a Republican Speaker of the House Chatfield.  Then you've got 1000 Proud Boys armed to the teeth outside demanding their guys get to Vote for Trump or else?  So they open the House floor, let all 32 of them cast a vote and just sit on those two boxes for another 9 days until the President of the U.S. Senate and Federal Archivist receives them all.  They still receive conflicting information, though we know which box Pence would keep and which he would throw out.  Then the official floor objections would start in D.C. on 6 January and the counting done.  If conflicting sets of votes are received on the floor, it is up to the Governor of that state to certify which "set of votes" is to be counted for their state.  This could be an issue for a half-dozen states right now.  These protests should be horrifically epic. 

We found Brisket’s best sock guys. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I just read through the Trump filings in the 3CA. I didn't realize they were proposing to review a sample of mail ballots to determine the percentage of "defective" ballots in the sample, and then void that percentage of Biden mail ballots throughout the state. 

I'd really like to know if any of these lawyers truly believes there is even a one in a million chance that a court would ever order that nonsense. My gut reaction is that they don't, but then I think about how batshit crazy Rudy and his elite strike force are. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

There's gonna be a lot of people tonight trying to square this bit of news with their world view.

Not really.

"Trump has to appear like he's being fair, but it doesn't matter because he will be declared the winner in 2 weeks when all the fraudulent mail ballots are thrown out and they cancel the transition." 

And then something about how it won't matter what Biden is briefed on, he'll forget it and/or will be in prison soon enough.  

Conservative mindwarp is fucking nuts. 

Edited by Js1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yeah I am not sure I understand the tweet post letter receiving. He's acting like he has anything to do with transition once the GSA starts the process

Trump has to take credit for everything, even something that is acknowledgment that he will be out of office.  Because it's his government at the moment.

Plus, he can't stand the idea of a woman deciding to do something that is "undermining" him.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep - Joe Biden fits corporate America just fucking fine...especially when the alternative is civil war.  People need to get a fucking grip. Oh wow, looks like we keep moving towards a peaceful transition of power?  Man, I am fucking shocked.  

I set the over under at election related deaths by MAGA idiots at 1.5 and bet the under. None of the cowards would take me up on it. 
here is Wulaw’s complete lack of surprise that our system of government will outlast the Cheeto hued moron currently inhabiting the office. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I set the over under at election related deaths by MAGA idiots at 1.5 and bet the under. None of the cowards would take me up on it. 
here is Wulaw’s complete lack of surprise that our system of government will outlast the Cheeto hued moron currently inhabiting the office. 

Is that running through January, or strictly the election process?

I’d bet you Pepsi or Bud Light that a couple of Trumpers get out of line  or fire their weapons at each other and die themselves, so... the over.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Election. But sure roll it into January. Nobody was ever going to take up arms and put their life on the line for that in any numbers that ever were going to matter. 

Oh my side of the bet wouldn’t be won by would-be patriots, but rather slapdick ineptitude.  Kinda like sinking boats at Lake Travis.