the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

The team was ready to go. A couple of relatively well-respected biggish firms entered on some cases. The Lawfare squads started shaming them (I think I did too) for taking cases subverting the United States. People started quitting firms and there were cancellation threats. The firms withdrew and he was left with this motley crew + Kenneth Starr. Starr knows how to run a case, but he lost his big firm support when they withdrew and it all went to shit. 

Lawtwitter is mean. 

I'd like to see a timeline overlaid with these firms bailing and when Rudy and Co. really ramped up the conspiracy shit.

14 hours ago, Pancho said:

My trumpkin friends have been really quiet after blowing up my phone around 8pm on Election Day.  I’m curious as to what they are thinking.  One of them thought COVID was overblown back in the summer, but now that his dad has it and has been in the hospital, I’m wondering how overblown he thinks it really is now. 

It should surprise exactly no one that Amarillo not only has one of the highest COVID rates in the country, but that it continues to increase.

If you fuck around, you will find out.

Wear your masks and social distance, y'all. We'll make up for the holidays by doubling down in 2021.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yep. Y’all remember 5,398 days of Benghazi! hearings....yielding exactly zero results? Yeah. And the GOP has only gotten more insane since then.

Here in Arizona the Republicans leaders of the both the Senate and House have saiD there are no such hearings scheduled. 

Well, that’s because - and stick with me here - team Trump is a buncha liars.

Wyndham Total Landscaping

Golf clap.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'd like to see a timeline overlaid with these firms bailing and when Rudy and Co. really ramped up the conspiracy shit.

I can't give you a precise timeline, but I am virtually certain that reputable biggish firms in PA and AZ, Porter Wright and Snell Wilmer, were on some of the goofier suits, including the PA shitshow that's ongoing and the AZ affidavit shitshow that has been discussed.

I don't recall any biggish firms in NV or MI.

They bailed after Jones Day started receiving scrutiny, probably as a result of that.**  I don't think Jones Day withdrew from anything, they are and remain counsel on the "three-day judicial extension" case in PA that remains pending cert at SCOTUS.  But they assuredly distanced themselves from Trump and any potential appearances they may have made (they're probably in all of the states in question or have lawyers licensed in all of them) were kiboshed.

Then Rudy and Sid jumped in the fray and turned the insanity from some quietly long-shot lawsuits into flat delusion.

** Jones Day is one of the biggest law firms in the world.  That means they have their own PR and crisis management departments, as well as having top men in both fields on retainer and working round the clock for them.  If Jones Day "flinches," that means no smaller firm can spin or otherwise withstand whatever opprobrium Jones Day is taking.  

Edited by TwiceHorn

15 hours ago, immamac said:

I will not "fuck off dude". 

You are being stupid like literally to the definition. having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

You lack intelligence. You lack common sense. You spout nonsense and act like you are part of the conversation. You are not part of the conversation. Again shut the fuck up and let the adults speak until you are capable of putting together a coherent thought that isn't completely devoid of intelligence or common sense. It's called using facts to argue. So for the third time this morning. Shut the fuck up. 

Slorch v. aggy.  Who will prevail?

• Hook 'Em 1

This stupid gathering of legislatures shit to look at the election or whatever, this is Trump strong-arming them behind-the-scenes, as well as a fundraiser, right?

It's too late for the legislatures to try to reverse any certifications (and the legislatures don't have that power), and it's too late to get his supporters out harassing the places where the votes were being counted/certified.  From the outside looking in, it's like he's got to keep the donation train running.

But the stuff about Sidney Powell "releasing the Kraken" tomorrow makes for some interesting timing, everybody needs to have their popcorn ready.

Let's just hope he didn't invite Jackie Speier to any of these things.

Edited by atomheartbevo

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

What is this shit?

How embarrassing. "We've gotten our asses thoroughly kicked in real court so now we're going to have a farcical and one-sided mock trial/circle jerk with some republican state senators because we don't understand the law at all! Punch and cake will be served!" 

Also, the release says these are senate hearings, but last I checked the PA senate doesn't meet in Gettysburg. Sounds to me like it's extracurricular playtime for these senators. 

Honestly Trump really doesn't believe that he has any prayer at the WH whatsoever. He's just using his surrogates to incite the base, whom he's currently lobbying like crazy to fund all of this legal mumbo jumbo. That's also why, IMHO, he's incredibly thin on talent as far as attorneys are concerned: find cheap lawyers, take in as much in donations as possible, then throw the lawyers under the bus.

I distinctly remember telling people in 2016 "just watch as he does a literal repeat of the USFL." This kind of shit is exactly what I was talking about.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I didn't do anything myself, but, uh, a friend needs to know where he can cash a whole stack of Soros checks. They're like, in Euros or something. My friend wants to stay discrete.

Cash them one at a time imo.  Maybe one per day to be sure.

After this Jenna Ellis moron tweeted an obviously fake Teddy Roosevelt quote, I finally decided to look into her background. 

She went to a junk law school and hasn't done anything of note professionally until now. She became "famous" via Fox and OAN because of her stupid evangelical law beliefs, which of course includes some vile gay bashing. Dotard saw her on TV and asked her to advise him on his impeachment. 

One of these days it's eventually going to sink in for me that the most powerful man on earth has two of the biggest dumbfuck attorneys I've ever seen fighting for him to keep that power, and I'm going to laugh until I cry. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

One of these days it's eventually going to sink in for me that the most powerful man on earth has two of the biggest dumbfuck attorneys I've ever seen fighting for him to keep that power, and I'm going to laugh until I cry. 

Do they really believe they can keep him in power?

Or are they dragging this out to make a shitload of money and rake in future speaking gigs on OAN?

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Do they really believe they can keep him in power?

Or are they dragging this out to make a shitload of money and rake in future speaking gigs on OAN?

Good questions. Impossible to say, but right now my belief is that Rudy and Jenna are total morons who believe with full hearts they can still save America from the Great Satan, the Dems. 

Sidney Powell is batshit crazy and also a true trump jihadi, but I think she's in this mostly for the cash. 

4 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Good questions. Impossible to say, but right now my belief is that Rudy and Jenna are total morons who believe with full hearts they can still save America from the Great Satan, the Dems. 

Sidney Powell is batshit crazy and also a true trump jihadi, but I think she's in this mostly for the cash. 

keep in mind that cash is only after contribution limits are hit for the RNC and trump's new pac.  straight grift, homey

3 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Yeah, I’m on the other side. Powell seems like a broken person and True Believer. Jenna thinks she can use this to propel her career. Giuliani is a weird, muted mix of both. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

This has the look of a lawyer who is writing for himself and his own enjoyment.  Masturbation-through-legal-writing is never persuasive, and should be avoided.

Wait ... are you suggesting there's a time when masturbation is inappropriate?  Sir, do you realize where you're posting?

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Welp, today is supposedly Kraken day. This dream of a non-Trump presidency sure was nice while it lasted, but we just couldn't sneak anything past that brilliant Powell lady.

Who is this Aggie who posts such reasonable takes all the time?

Yes, she's brilliant.  After such a shitty performance and after being clearly so far over the edge, what client will engage her?  And all in a losing cause for a deranged man who would wipe his heels on her in a heartbeat and not think twice about it.  

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

Infrastructure week has been replaced by a two weeks Infrastructure.......that's right......wait for it:

Infrastructure Fortnight!  Bigger and Bolder than Ever Before!  It's gonna have chicks, and guns, and fire trucks, and hookers, and drugs, and booze: