the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

28 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Washington (CNN)Two lawyers who went to court to claim voter fraud after the 2020 election must pay nearly $180,000 to the defendants they sued, a federal magistrate judge ordered Monday, saying their lawsuit aimed to "manipulate gullible members of the public and foment public unrest."

The order from Magistrate Judge N. Reid Neureiter of the US District Court in Colorado adds to the federal judiciary's condemnations of attempts by attorneys supporting then-President Donald Trump to use the courts to vet right-wing conspiracies in the days after the presidential election.
Attorneys Gary D. Fielder and Ernest John Walker will have to pay attorneys fees of $50,000 to Facebook (now Meta), about $63,000 to Dominion Voting Systems, about $63,000 to the non-profit Center for Tech and Civic Life, more than $6,000 to the state of Pennsylvania and nearly $5,000 to the state of Michigan.
"They need to take responsibility for their misconduct," Neureiter wrote in his order, adding that the lawsuit defamed the defendants.

He continued: "I believe that rather than a legitimate use of the legal system to seek redress for redressable grievances, this lawsuit has been used to manipulate gullible members of the public and foment public unrest. To that extent, this lawsuit has been an abuse of the legal system and an interference with the machinery of government. For all these reasons, I feel that a significant sanctions award is merited."
The lawsuit from late December 2020 was an attempt to create a class action challenge to the election on behalf of American voters, including eight named plaintiffs. Neureiter previously wrote a scathing 68-page opinion condemning the post-election lawsuit.

Glad to see the bench is ready to clean out the riff-raff, especially as it pertains to officers of the court.  These are the lawyers jokes are made about.  And rightfully so.

On 10/13/2021 at 7:49 PM, Eskimohorn said:

Judge Amero - That's not an MP, that's a YP, your problem. Come up with the evidence, or forget it."

Plaintiff Co-Counsel - Okay, now you're talking above my head. I don't know all of this legal jargon, YP, MP. All I know is that I can't get an audit, we cannot get an audit unless we take those ballots to the auditors. And granted, the ballots themselves are a uh um oh, the county owns them, all right, but the fraud that is on those ballots. That fucking heart and soul that we put onto those ballots, that is ours and they don't own that. Now I need to take that fraud and get it over to the auditors. And they're waiting for us, we were supposed to be there a half hour ago. We look like assholes, man.

Garland Favorito - Let me explain to him in simple arithmetic. One, two three. Because you don't fuckin' get it, Brian. You give us the ballots. We get the audit. We come back and give you your fuckin' evidence. Have you seen the ballots? Have you even seen them? We're guaranteed an audit. Our stuff is that good

Judge Amero - Now I get it. Now I understand. You want it to happen -- but it's not going to happen. Because it's a Catch-22.

Garland Favorito - What the fuck does that mean? What is a Catch-22, Brian?

Judge Amero - Catch-22, gentleman. Think about it.

Garland Favorito - You know what I'm thinking about, man? I'm thinking about kicking some fuckin' ass!

31 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Washington (CNN)Two lawyers who went to court to claim voter fraud after the 2020 election must pay nearly $180,000 to the defendants they sued, a federal magistrate judge ordered Monday, saying their lawsuit aimed to "manipulate gullible members of the public and foment public unrest."

The order from Magistrate Judge N. Reid Neureiter of the US District Court in Colorado adds to the federal judiciary's condemnations of attempts by attorneys supporting then-President Donald Trump to use the courts to vet right-wing conspiracies in the days after the presidential election.
Attorneys Gary D. Fielder and Ernest John Walker will have to pay attorneys fees of $50,000 to Facebook (now Meta), about $63,000 to Dominion Voting Systems, about $63,000 to the non-profit Center for Tech and Civic Life, more than $6,000 to the state of Pennsylvania and nearly $5,000 to the state of Michigan.
"They need to take responsibility for their misconduct," Neureiter wrote in his order, adding that the lawsuit defamed the defendants.

He continued: "I believe that rather than a legitimate use of the legal system to seek redress for redressable grievances, this lawsuit has been used to manipulate gullible members of the public and foment public unrest. To that extent, this lawsuit has been an abuse of the legal system and an interference with the machinery of government. For all these reasons, I feel that a significant sanctions award is merited."
The lawsuit from late December 2020 was an attempt to create a class action challenge to the election on behalf of American voters, including eight named plaintiffs. Neureiter previously wrote a scathing 68-page opinion condemning the post-election lawsuit.

These two posts remind me of this:

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

that number is missing two zeros and also that offense should be punishable by death 

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

that first document looks like the type of thing included in an all-in-one "powerful law talkin' guy going to the supreme court" halloween costume you would find at spencer's gifts or ahhh's.

I assume that’s what you get from Robert shapiro’s “create your own legal document” site. Legalzoom?

also I hope $180,000 out of pocket is enough to keep the slimeball lawyers from filing bullshit. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

17 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Agreed. Cliff's notes of the best parts?

I listened to a bit of it.  Turns out it was Byrne calling Wood.

The most interesting part is that Byrne, the Flynns, and some others were asked to come to Florida to set up and work Powell's Defendingtherepublic grift site.

According to Byrne, they were there 11 days before they all walked out, apparently with grave concerns about what Powell was doing with the money.

This probably belongs in the Qanon thread, but it's equally relevant to the current discussion. Apparently, there's a broad, recent schism among their faithful between Lin Wood and Michael Flynn which may have been set off by remarks made by Kyle Rittenhouse.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7wwqe/kyle-rittenhouse-qanon-civil-war-lin-wood

15 minutes ago, bolverk said:

This probably belongs in the Qanon thread, but it's equally relevant to the current discussion. Apparently, there's a broad, recent schism among their faithful between Lin Wood and Michael Flynn which may have been set off by remarks made by Kyle Rittenhouse.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7wwqe/kyle-rittenhouse-qanon-civil-war-lin-wood

"Wood alleges that Hancock (who he has referred to variously as Fraudcock, Bellycock, Thiefcock, and Liarcock in recent Telegram posts) is part of an orchestrated campaign to defame him which is being perpetrated by the “mockingbird media.”

... which he also referred to as "the cockingbird media."

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wood has a real propensity for getting loaded or going on manic binges and making phone calls that people record.

Looks like wood recorded and posted that conversation. Imagine being so batshit crazy that you think that exchange presents you in a favorable light

3 hours ago, bolverk said:

I saw Michael Flynn in the Austin airport Monday before last.

Kyle Rittenhouse murdered two people. It would not have happened if he was a normal 17 year old and went to a pasture party, flirted with his crush, didn’t get laid, and ended the night jerking off like most 17 year olds.

You most be new around here. Dudes were slaying it in high school, and definitely didnt get AIDS or spawn illegitimate children. They only pay for it because its less expensive than dating or divorce.

• 3 weeks later...

Not an election lawsuit, but Trump's lawsuit against NY AG James.  https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21165214-donald-trump-lawsuit-against-new-yorks-attorney-general

Using famed, elf shoe Jersey litigator Alina Habba.

it's really a laundry list of Trump's grievances and in that sense, pretty fucking funny.

I don't think this has a prayer on earth of making it past 12(b)(6).  At worst, our old friend qualified immunity is going to step in and protect her.

Popehat is succinct.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not an election lawsuit, but Trump's lawsuit against NY AG James.  https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21165214-donald-trump-lawsuit-against-new-yorks-attorney-general

it's really a laundry list of Trump's grievances and in that sense, pretty fucking funny.

I don't think this has a prayer on earth of making it past 12(b)(6).  At worst, our old friend qualified immunity is going to step in and protect her.

Popehat is succinct.

That may be the dumbest lawsuit yet and the bar is already set way high.

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Popehat is succinct.

Not a lawyer, but this seems like the equivalent of Michael Scott just running around yelling bankruptcy.

I declare LAWSUUUIIIITTTTT!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...