the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

Agree, but so should about 50 others...at least. 

Yeah, it’s a long list. It starts with Trump. And it includes Bill Barr, the most corrupt AG in history, despite the fact that even he acknowledged that Joe Biden won the election. 

This is disturbing:

https://www.salon.com/2022/05/13/georgia-official-allowed-conspiracist-to-breach-voting-system-in-search-of-fraud-report/

A former Georgia county elections supervisor opened her offices to an election-denying businessman shortly after the 2020 presidential election, granting access to voting equipment that election-deniers claim was vital to rigging the election, according to a Washington Post report.

[Scott] Hall's visit first came under federal scrutiny as part of a months-old lawsuit filed by the Coalition for Good Governance, which calls into question the integrity of Georgia's election system. Court documents related to the suit reportedly reveal a March 2021 call between Hall and Marilyn Marks, the executive director of the Coalition for Good Governance, during which Hall told Marks that he chartered a plane to transport people to Coffee County in order to copy voting data.

The group reportedly "went in there and imaged every hard drive of every piece of equipment," Hall said in the phone conversation. "We basically had the entire elections committee there," he added. "And they said: 'We give you permission. Go for it.'"

• Rage+1 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

EDIT:  Not confirmed yet.  Her hearing is on the 22nd, but I found mention that she may have surrendered her license today.

Fuck around, find out.

https://twitter.com/ProgressiveTex/status/1537916681489551361

That appears to be false.  A hearing is set June 22 on her motion to dismiss, which will precede any trial by weeks or months. 

https://www.reuters.com/legal/legalindustry/texas-bar-fights-sidney-powells-bid-toss-ethics-case-2022-06-15/

Lsat time I talked politics with my mom, she says she's checked out, then proceeded to have an opinion on every social issue of the day.  Trans people shouldn't be in sports, what about that guy that's been locked up since the insurrection with no bail.  Then she reiterates she doesn't pay attention anymore and proves it by telling me that she even quit listening to Rush Limbaugh 5 years before he died, as if that was some badge of honor.  Damage has already been done, mom.  Sorry your brain is smooth now. Wish I knew how to fix it.

• Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Lsat time I talked politics with my mom, she says she's checked out, then proceeded to have an opinion on every social issue of the day.  Trans people shouldn't be in sports, what about that guy that's been locked up since the insurrection with no bail.  Then she reiterates she doesn't pay attention anymore and proves it by telling me that she even quit listening to Rush Limbaugh 5 years before he died, as if that was some badge of honor.  Damage has already been done, mom.  Sorry your brain is smooth now. Wish I knew how to fix it.

This is a ton of the olds. They know what they support is wrong, so they try to hide it, but it slips out every once in a while. I just spent 17 straight days with two of them.  The Boomers have officially lost their damn minds. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Weird. That seems to imply either they he doesn’t believe in the first amendment freedom of speech and freedom of the press, or he acknowledges that there are in fact limits that can and are placed on the freedoms granted in the bill of rights amendments. 

Or, work with me here, it implies he's a fucking dumbass.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Weird. That seems to imply either they he doesn’t believe in the first amendment freedom of speech and freedom of the press, or he acknowledges that there are in fact limits that can and are placed on the freedoms granted in the bill of rights amendments. 

Bad news for Alex Jones

I will have the most amazing lawsuit with the very best lawyers ready in about 2 weeks.  It's going to be the biggest and best court case in the past 30 years, maybe ever.  Maybe the best case since Jesus was judged by the Romans or whatever.

• Haha 1

Please let me live  to see the day when judges and courts tire of this bullshit enough to put a stop to it.

You’re focusing on the wrong people. I mean what is the count now? Like 70+ did stop it.

It’s very hard to stop stupid people from stupiding. The fact that tfg still has people show up to rallies should be proof of that. Res ipsa loquitur and all that.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

Please let me live  to see the day when judges and courts tire of this bullshit enough to put a stop to it.

Well, they do tend to put a stop to it, by dismissing the shitty cases.

At some point, Trump might be declared a frivolous litigant, but short of that, hardly anyone is going to be prohibited from filing lawsuits.

It's kind of a constitutional right.

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Strange.  Ol' Linds didn't write the letter.  This guy did. https://www.ifrahlaw.com/attorneys/james-m-trusty/

He seems to be more highly qualified than anyone TFG has engaged since Kasowitz and biglaw dumped his ass a few years back.  But he would appear to have little experience with defamation law.

Trump's main qualification lately seems to be a certain level of credulity and pulchritude.

The letter. https://cdn.nucleusfiles.com/ae/ae734685-32d7-4d51-a380-25c76e1787e5/retraction-letter-with-exhibits.pdf?utm_medium=email_hf&utm_source=ncl__&utm_campaign=20220727___sa&utm_content=__4518&_nlid=DeQr7wp9Qf&_nhids=5aOdsl0B

So, it appears that this will be filed in Florida, invoking Florida defamation law.  Unfortunately, Florida has a two-year statute of limitations on defamation. so that's not going to be a defense. https://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/florida-defamation-law

But public figure doctrine and the "reporting privilege," not to mention that it's Trump's burden to prove the falsity of any alleged defamatory statements, is going to make this a tough slog.  

Incidentally, that Digital Media Law Project is a great site for a quick rundown on each state's defamation laws.

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

She’s right out of central casting 

insurance lawyer 

image.thumb.png.83c513fd26bd1d92b5f2f92f3a24b854.png

part time model?

image.png.be89b6561ba3349f091ce7872ce09555.png

It also appears that ol' Linds is no longer employed as a property insurance lawyer.

I will have the most amazing lawsuit with the very best lawyers ready in about 2 weeks.  It's going to be the biggest and best court case in the past 30 years, maybe ever.  Maybe the best case since Jesus was judged by the Romans or whatever.

Change to “…best case since Kramer vs Kramer”

That would be the random court case from a time in his 30’s that he would recall.

He would have no idea Jesus was judged at all.

On 7/30/2022 at 7:26 AM, Neonmoon said:

She’s right out of central casting 

insurance lawyer 

image.thumb.png.83c513fd26bd1d92b5f2f92f3a24b854.png

part time model?

image.png.be89b6561ba3349f091ce7872ce09555.png

So, in her 7 years as a lawyer, she's defended slip and falls and handled complex matters like examinations under oath and coverage opinions. I'd have to guess Trump saw her at Mar-a-Lago, thought she was good looking, found out she was a lawyer and hired her on the spot.

• Hook 'Em 1

Now, Trump is attempting a hit on DA Willis in Fulton County:

Donald Trump’s allies in Georgia are mounting a campaign to recall Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis over her investigation into the then president’s attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election and are seeking to recruit high-dollar donors to fund it, according to sources familiar with the effort.

The organizers of the campaign concede that the obstacles to a successful recall in Georgia are high, making the chances of getting a recall vote on the ballot before Willis makes her decision on whether to indict Trump and his associates remote at best.

But a source involved in the effort told Yahoo News that the aim is to use the recall campaign as a way to politically damage the Democratic district attorney, portraying her as a partisan actor who is ignoring soaring crime rates in Atlanta in order to target high-profile Republicans. A side benefit of that game plan, another source familiar with the campaign said, is to potentially influence a jury pool down the road should a case against Trump go to trial.

“The purpose is to politicize it,” said one high-ranking Georgia Republican involved in the recall effort, who asked not to be publicly identified discussing a politically sensitive matter. “The message here is, ‘OK, you [Willis] want to play this [political] game, we’ll make this about politics.’”

That source, who is helping to raise money for the effort, said Trump and his associates at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida are “aware” of the recall campaign and that among those actively involved in the effort are David Shafer, the Georgia Republican Party chairman, and Brad Carver, a prominent GOP lawyer in the state. Both men are among the 16 so-called fake electors in Georgia who recently received target letters from Willis informing them they were facing potential indictments in her probe

16 hours ago, Satchel said:

Now, Trump is attempting a hit on DA Willis in Fulton County:

Donald Trump’s allies in Georgia are mounting a campaign to recall Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis over her investigation into the then president’s attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election and are seeking to recruit high-dollar donors to fund it, according to sources familiar with the effort.

The organizers of the campaign concede that the obstacles to a successful recall in Georgia are high, making the chances of getting a recall vote on the ballot before Willis makes her decision on whether to indict Trump and his associates remote at best.

But a source involved in the effort told Yahoo News that the aim is to use the recall campaign as a way to politically damage the Democratic district attorney, portraying her as a partisan actor who is ignoring soaring crime rates in Atlanta in order to target high-profile Republicans. A side benefit of that game plan, another source familiar with the campaign said, is to potentially influence a jury pool down the road should a case against Trump go to trial.

“The purpose is to politicize it,” said one high-ranking Georgia Republican involved in the recall effort, who asked not to be publicly identified discussing a politically sensitive matter. “The message here is, ‘OK, you [Willis] want to play this [political] game, we’ll make this about politics.’”

That source, who is helping to raise money for the effort, said Trump and his associates at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida are “aware” of the recall campaign and that among those actively involved in the effort are David Shafer, the Georgia Republican Party chairman, and Brad Carver, a prominent GOP lawyer in the state. Both men are among the 16 so-called fake electors in Georgia who recently received target letters from Willis informing them they were facing potential indictments in her probe

Nasty, and likely doomed to fail.  But these fuckers are good at playing nasty.

I think the closest dems can come to something like this are the efforts to get Cawthorne and MTG declared insurrectionists and taken off their ballots.  And that was probably not strictly a Democratic Party effort.

Edited by TwiceHorn

• 1 month later...

Weird analogy.  She's representing herself, which is a bad sign for her.

She can turn a phrase, though.  I can see from that why she was once highly regarded as an appellate litigator.

Also comes amazingly close to admitting that she was wrong in hindsight.

Edited by TwiceHorn