the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

Pretty sure part of their newsmax E&O insurance re-up last month included this proviso, "You get one fucking comment about Dominion on air, you read this statement in toto."  

Watching myriad radical elements of the MAGA movement turn on one another is fucking hilarious.  And you never know who's gonna throw who under the bus on any one given night.  It's like watching the fracturing of the People's Judean Front, I've noticed they're all starting to put their guard up around one another because they don't know who is gonna sell who out.  

7 hours ago, Bookman said:

Looks like the judge in the Gondor lawsuit is going to summarily dismiss the case. Response is due on February 10.

https://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/texas/txwdce/6:2021cv00043/1120287/11

That's pretty hard core.  They don't even do that to jailhouse lawyers and inmates much.

Trumpism really gives brain worms.

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's pretty hard core.  They don't even do that to jailhouse lawyers and inmates much.

Trumpism really gives brain worms.

Isn't that suggesting to them that their sole mechanism against Fed officials would be a Bivens claim?  Which would still be shit....but he'd have to deal with it.

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Isn't that suggesting to them that their sole mechanism against Fed officials would be a Bivens claim?  Which would still be shit....but he'd have to deal with it.

Yeah I guess so.  On the other hand, I don't think they're seeking damages and that changes up everything.  1983 isn't right in any event I don't think.

The startling part is not only did they not allege any specific violation of HAVA, but didn't bother to discover the apparently not obscure cases that hold it creates no cause of action.

The lawsuit, filed in New York state court, accused Fox, Giuliani, Powell and hosts Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo, and Jeanine Pirro of intentionally lying about Smartmatic in an effort to mislead the public into the false belief that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from former President Donald Trump.

Smartmatic's lawyer, J. Erik Connolly, told CNN Business that the case is one of the most "straightforward" he has ever seen. Connolly, who secured one of the largest defamation settlements ever in the "pink slime" case against ABC News, told CNN Business that because Smartmatic's role in the 2020 general election was limited to providing services to Los Angeles County, he could easily prove all the conspiracy theories false.
"By being able to say Smartmatic was in Los Angeles County and nowhere else, I've been able to prove a lie of everything they essentially said with one salient fact," Connolly told CNN. "I've been doing this for a long time and that might be one of the easiest ways to demonstrate falsity that I've ever had."

Smartmatic's lawyers sent a legal notice to Fox in December demanding a "a full and complete retraction of all false and defamatory statements." The legal notice said the retraction needed to be executed with "the same intensity and level of coverage that you used to defame the company in the first place."
Soon afterward, Fox ran a surreal point-by-point fact-check on the programs hosted by Dobbs, Pirro, and Bartiromo. The segment, which first aired December 18 on Dobbs' show, featured an interview with voting technology expert Eddie Perez who corrected a series of falsehoods that have been amplified and promoted on the network's various programs.
Smartmatic used the fact-check segment in its lawsuit to argue that Fox could have easily articulated the facts and conveyed the truth to viewers before its legal notice.
"Mr. Perez was always available to the Fox defendants," the lawsuit said. "The Fox defendants could have put Mr. Perez on air at any time prior to December 18."
Smartmatic's lawsuit also pointed to a November segment from Fox News host Tucker Carlson in which he told viewers that Powell had not provided him any evidence to support her election conspiracies. The lawsuit referred to Carlson as a "respected figure" within the network and concluded that if Powell had provided any evidence to Fox to support her wild allegations, it would have been shared with him.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

How is Rudy going to pay all these lawyers for multiple lawsuits ?

"Rudy, did you have malpractice insurance?"

"Yeah, but it was through a friend."

"Will you be covered?"

"I don't know.  But I'll probably be suing you people for punitive damages!" 

"Sue me?  Why you wanna sue me?"

"Why not?  Sue everybody!"  

The end of the Trump administration is literally unfolding like a fucking Jerky Boys prank call.  Which works out well, because the beginning of the unfolding originated with a perfect phone call.  

Edited by Lobo

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean......they don't really need to go out on a limb to make that "accusation."  It's literally exactly what happened.....on fucking video......repeatedly.

It's like making the "accusation" that Linda Lovelace gave blowjobs.

some would say she gave throat vagina jobs. you never know who to trust

18 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

LOLLOLOL

spacer.png

That's really good shit.  As a lawdog you are hesitant, or should be, to include prose that dunks like that in a pleading, in case proof doesn't come out like you hope and plan.  

But in these circumstances, it's a winner, winner, chicken dinner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1