the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

8 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I can see how this is useful for Dominion in their cases against Powell, Fox, et al, but aren't the individuals and organizations who lobbied against Dominion in these purchases also liable, especially if they continued to push The Big Lie?  I would enjoy seeing some of the minions being held accountable, too.

They could conceivably be liable for tortious interference with business relations, if this was a more "private" context.

Because even morons are permitted to petition the government with bad and wrong ideas fueled by slander, their interference is probably privileged.

• Hook 'Em 1

On this whole damages deal, I'm intrigued by the fact that all the first round of suits alleged $1.3B in damages, while the latest, Fox suit, alleges $1.6B.

I suppose the simplest explanation is that damages continue to mount.

Also, we I think are all aware of the half-assed retractions issued by Fox and OAN etc., but here Dominion's attorney alleges that they also continued to pump the Dominion defamation while issuing the retractions during low-viewership hours. https://www.rawstory.com/fox-news-lawsuit/

I assume Dominion's attorneys aren't going to spew stuff that they can't prove to the hilt.  Might not surprise me if they did, though.

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

On this whole damages deal, I'm intrigued by the fact that all the first round of suits alleged $1.3B in damages, while the latest, Fox suit, alleges $1.6B.

I suppose the simplest explanation is that damages continue to mount.

Also, we I think are all aware of the half-assed retractions issued by Fox and OAN etc., but here Dominion's attorney alleges that they also continued to pump the Dominion defamation while issuing the retractions during low-viewership hours. https://www.rawstory.com/fox-news-lawsuit/

I assume Dominion's attorneys aren't going to spew stuff that they can't prove to the hilt.  Might not surprise me if they did, though.

Wait, have they? I know those feces throwers at Fox and Newsmax did, but last I checked, those exceptional degenerates were sticking to their guns. 

EDIT: and as far as the half-baked retractions on low-viewership shows, they're just playing on an old principle: better to ask forgiveness after than permission before.

Edited by hpslugga

10 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Wait, have they? I know those feces throwers at Fox and Newsmax did, but last I checked, those exceptional degenerates were sticking to their guns. 

EDIT: and as far as the half-baked retractions on low-viewership shows, they're just playing on an old principle: better to ask forgiveness after than permission before.

I don't differentiate heavily between OAN and Newsmax.  Perhaps there is a basis on which to do so.

7 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Yes, it would be very unusual if a plaintiffs attorney did that. 

Without endorsing any particular view of plaintiffs attorneys, it is my sense that Dominion's attorneys are not dicking around for publicity.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dominion-builds-legal-behemoth-to-drain-trumpland-of-billions/ar-BB1f6hrz

According to that article, they brought in Susman Godfrey. They aren't perfect by any stretch, but they're pretty good.

Also that article concludes with this bit of deliciousness.

In recent months, Trump—who now no longer enjoys the legal protections that come with being president—has privately quipped that his enemies will be investigating and “suing me for the rest of my life.”

MrBurns.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

You just point to Fox News, Sydney, Flynn, etc. and say you were relying on their statements and analysis when you took those actions.  

This feels like a time when I would say that the court has already agreed with Fox News it shouldn't be taken seriously, and Sydney Powell has made the argument in court that she shouldn't be taken seriously, so private person defendant, you have two choices.  Either, 1) you are not a reasonable person, or 2) you should've known better than to take them seriously.  Since you were not being reasonable or you were ignorant of how you should've acted on the information from these people (ignore it), that means at the very least you as an individual should still be liable for some sort of slander claim.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

This feels like a time when I would say that the court has already agreed with Fox News it shouldn't be taken seriously, and Sydney Powell has made the argument in court that she shouldn't be taken seriously, so private person defendant, you have two choices.  Either, 1) you are not a reasonable person, or 2) you should've known better than to take them seriously.  Since you were not being reasonable or you were ignorant of how you should've acted on the information from these people (ignore it), that means at the very least you as an individual should still be liable for some sort of slander claim.

Sydney has made that claim NOW.....and if I am Dominion, I think it’s helpful to point to some “rational people” who took her seriously and caused damage accordingly. Fox, Flynn, and Powell are the big fish here, not some podunk GOP county organization that followed their lead....

Does it negate the "reasonable people" argument by her if major U.S. states are not using Dominion voting machines in 2022 because of her claims that they are tied to Venezuelan operators?  It's one thing if millions of stupid Trump/MAQA supporters fell for it, they aren't reasonable people.  But when election officials in Ohio, Louisiana, et. al. start canceling Dominion orders for machines, doesn't that say something?  

What could possibly go wrong.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2021/03/31/cyber-ninjas-founder-doug-logan-pushed-election-fraud-theories/4825258001/

The head of a Florida-based technology company who has used social media to promote a range of election fraud claims and conspiracy theories has been hired by the Arizona Senate to oversee the recount of Maricopa County's 2.1 million general election ballots.

The company, called Cyber Ninjas, will lead a team that includes three other firms as part of the $150,000 contract the Senate has awarded to conduct an unprecedented audit of the county's election results.

But a deleted Twitter account that appears to belong to the Cyber Ninjas founder Doug Logan suggests he has already made up his mind about the security of Arizona's elections. It includes a litany of unsubstantiated allegations about fraud in the last election.

"I’m tired of hearing people say there was no fraud. It happened, it’s real, and people better get wise fast," said one post he shared around the end of 2020.

He also appears to have shared posts by Sidney Powell, an attorney who supported former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the election results, and U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., both prominent proponents of conspiracy theories about the last election.

While the account was deleted, old posts from earlier this year remain archived online.

Neither Logan nor the company immediately responded to requests for comment from The Arizona Republic on Wednesday. None of the three other companies the Senate hired responded to inquiries, either.

Spoiler

Senate President Karen Fann said she was confident in the firms, however.

"These guys are well qualified, well experienced," Fann said. She did not immediately respond to a follow-up question about the Twitter account that appeared to belong to Logan.

The audit team also will include CyFIR LLC, Digital Discovery and Wake Technology Services, Inc.

Cyber Ninjas' LinkedIn page says it was founded in 2013 and employs between two and 10 people.

The company’s ninja-themed website says it specializes in “all areas of application security, ranging from your traditional web application to mobile or thick client applications.” That includes ethical hacking, training and general consulting.

There is no mention of whether the company has experience working on elections or voting systems.

In announcing the hiring, the Senate said members from one of the firms, Wake Technology Services, have performed hand-count audits in Fulton County, Pennsylvania, and in New Mexico, and have assisted in election fraud investigations since the 1990s.

The Senate said another firm, CyFIR, has worked on computer forensics, identifying a breach at the Office of Personnel Management in 2015, for example.

The Senate said the scope of work includes scanning all the ballots, a full manual recount, auditing the registration and votes cast as well as the vote counts and the electronic voting system.

Fann said Senate leadership will not have direct involvement in the audit and that the firms will issue a report in about 60 days.

It remains unclear whether the Senate will take custody of the county's ballots or if the county will retain control of them.

Fann said that the Senate does not yet have an agreement with Maricopa County on whether the work will happen at county facilities.

"We'd rather keep everything secure where it is so there are zero questions about chain of custody," said Fann, R-Prescott.

A spokesperson for the county recorder said the Senate has not had any recent discussions with the office about the audit or using its facilities.

Fann has argued that the audit is merely meant to allay concerns about the last election after former President Donald Trump disputed his defeat.

"This is not about overturning an election," Fann said on Wednesday. "This is 100% about instilling confidence in our elections."

But many Republican lawmakers who have pushed for an audit had also called for overturning the results altogether. They have not waited for the outcome of the Senate's review to promote a range of conspiracy theories about the election.

Steve Gallardo, the only Democrat on the county board of supervisors, has argued the Senate is trying to undermine the results of the election after Republicans lost the presidential race here, along with a U.S. Senate seat.

"This isn’t about finding the truth. It’s about undermining the will of the voters. This is about not liking the results of the election. You lost the election. Deal with it," Gallardo said at a press conference outside the Capitol last week.

The county already has performed several audits of the election, including a hand count of ballots required under state law and logic and accuracy tests on the voting machines. The audits showed that votes were counted correctly and machines were not tampered with.

Under pressure from the Senate to do more, the county also hired two independent firms to conduct a thorough examination of the voting machines.

The auditors found that the election was sound. The county used certified equipment and software, no malicious hardware was found on voting machines, the machines were not connected to the internet, and the machines were programmed to tabulate ballots accurately, according to a letter from county election directors to the supervisors.

Maricopa County Board Chairman Jack Sellers said he is waiting for more detail on the Senate's audit before commenting.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

What could possibly go wrong.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2021/03/31/cyber-ninjas-founder-doug-logan-pushed-election-fraud-theories/4825258001/

Reveal hidden contents

Senate President Karen Fann said she was confident in the firms, however.

"These guys are well qualified, well experienced," Fann said. She did not immediately respond to a follow-up question about the Twitter account that appeared to belong to Logan.

The audit team also will include CyFIR LLC, Digital Discovery and Wake Technology Services, Inc.

Cyber Ninjas' LinkedIn page says it was founded in 2013 and employs between two and 10 people.

The company’s ninja-themed website says it specializes in “all areas of application security, ranging from your traditional web application to mobile or thick client applications.” That includes ethical hacking, training and general consulting.

There is no mention of whether the company has experience working on elections or voting systems.

In announcing the hiring, the Senate said members from one of the firms, Wake Technology Services, have performed hand-count audits in Fulton County, Pennsylvania, and in New Mexico, and have assisted in election fraud investigations since the 1990s.

The Senate said another firm, CyFIR, has worked on computer forensics, identifying a breach at the Office of Personnel Management in 2015, for example.

The Senate said the scope of work includes scanning all the ballots, a full manual recount, auditing the registration and votes cast as well as the vote counts and the electronic voting system.

Fann said Senate leadership will not have direct involvement in the audit and that the firms will issue a report in about 60 days.

It remains unclear whether the Senate will take custody of the county's ballots or if the county will retain control of them.

Fann said that the Senate does not yet have an agreement with Maricopa County on whether the work will happen at county facilities.

"We'd rather keep everything secure where it is so there are zero questions about chain of custody," said Fann, R-Prescott.

A spokesperson for the county recorder said the Senate has not had any recent discussions with the office about the audit or using its facilities.

Fann has argued that the audit is merely meant to allay concerns about the last election after former President Donald Trump disputed his defeat.

"This is not about overturning an election," Fann said on Wednesday. "This is 100% about instilling confidence in our elections."

But many Republican lawmakers who have pushed for an audit had also called for overturning the results altogether. They have not waited for the outcome of the Senate's review to promote a range of conspiracy theories about the election.

Steve Gallardo, the only Democrat on the county board of supervisors, has argued the Senate is trying to undermine the results of the election after Republicans lost the presidential race here, along with a U.S. Senate seat.

"This isn’t about finding the truth. It’s about undermining the will of the voters. This is about not liking the results of the election. You lost the election. Deal with it," Gallardo said at a press conference outside the Capitol last week.

The county already has performed several audits of the election, including a hand count of ballots required under state law and logic and accuracy tests on the voting machines. The audits showed that votes were counted correctly and machines were not tampered with.

Under pressure from the Senate to do more, the county also hired two independent firms to conduct a thorough examination of the voting machines.

The auditors found that the election was sound. The county used certified equipment and software, no malicious hardware was found on voting machines, the machines were not connected to the internet, and the machines were programmed to tabulate ballots accurately, according to a letter from county election directors to the supervisors.

Maricopa County Board Chairman Jack Sellers said he is waiting for more detail on the Senate's audit before commenting.

Lol, they are going to audit the votes again, 6 months later?  I'm sure the AZ tax payers are happy to pay for this farce.

On 3/30/2021 at 2:33 PM, bluto said:

Why wouldn’t her law license be revoked

The issue of her "qualification" to practice law is not part of the defamation suits.

Only the State Bar of Texas and any other bars to which she is admitted can revoke her law license.

That she lost a defamation case, alone, will not result in her disbarment.

The nature of this particular defamation case may help expose her to some kind of discipline, and more importantly some facts may develop during these defamation cases that may go a long way to getting her disbarred.

But she would be disbarred in a separate proceeding by the relevant state bars or disciplinary authorities.

This is interdasting.  https://www.businessinsider.com/sydney-powell-defense-in-dominion-lawsuit-used-against-her-michigan-2021-4

I am having a spot of trouble figuring out quite how her defamation defenses square with what she asserted in the kraken cases, with litigation privilege, and with sanctions.

The answer is probably that they don't and she's fucked like Chuck.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is interdasting.  https://www.businessinsider.com/sydney-powell-defense-in-dominion-lawsuit-used-against-her-michigan-2021-4

I am having a spot of trouble figuring out quite how her defamation defenses square with what she asserted in the kraken cases, with litigation privilege, and with sanctions.

The answer is probably that they don't and she's fucked like Chuck.

This is pretty much what I brought up a couple of weeks ago, and you responded with your usual hand-waving:

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is pretty much what I brought up a couple of weeks ago, and you responded with your usual hand-waving:

IIRC, my handwaving was to point out that her particular allegation was not that no one would believe that the statements were true, but that they were statements of fact (as opposed to opinion or allegations subject to proof).

This is all a little more subtle than that.  https://www.michigan.gov/documents/ag/118_Defs_Whitmer.Bensons_mtn_for_lv_for_supp_briefing_721667_7.pdf

Here, they're using the admission that they relied on evidence that proved to be untrue in some cases, which implicates the lawyer's duty to investigate a claim before pleading it in a lawsuit. 

I've always maintained that her defense starts to fall apart when you compare the facially suspect and utterly bullshit affidavits and declarations with her experience as a decent lawyer in the past.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

IIRC, my handwaving was to point out that her particular allegation was not that no one would believe that the statements were true, but that they were statements of fact (as opposed to opinion or allegations subject to proof).

This is all a little more subtle than that.  https://www.michigan.gov/documents/ag/118_Defs_Whitmer.Bensons_mtn_for_lv_for_supp_briefing_721667_7.pdf

Here, they're using the admission that they relied on evidence that proved to be untrue in some cases, which implicates the lawyer's duty to investigate a claim before pleading it in a lawsuit. 

I've always maintained that her defense starts to fall apart when you compare the facially suspect and utterly bullshit affidavits and declarations with her experience as a decent lawyer in the past.

i think it's awfully narrow for you to overlook her decision to spend her second act as a performance artist. 

• Haha 1

There is massive, massive evidence.  Everybody knows it.  It's the second biggest political crime in American history.  Tremendous evidence that's going to be coming out. 

I love that there was financial fraud (the auto-checked renewal box that won't refund your money if you ask) on his fundraising accounts that were meant to combat the Voter Fraud that he says is so widespread and obvious.  They're defrauding twice the people they set out to defraud initially who wanted to help him uncover the fraud.  There's another layer of fraud potential here but I just can't see it.  I'm pretty sinister in my dayjob but even I can't come up with half the shit these people come up with.  He's still got about $200mm+ in that account to combat electoral irregularities.  Other than just straight stealing it for personal use, there's gotta be something else even more wretched up his sleeve.  

15 minutes ago, Bookman said:

It's now been five months since the election. Other than a few Trumpkins who cast multiple votes, has there been any evidence uncovered of voter fraud?

I recall seeing a clip recently that out of however many millions of votes that were cast in Georgia, they found 250 that were questionable. 

Republican Controlled States Cancel Orders For Dominion Voting Machines; Financial Losses Bolster Damage Claims Against Fox News, Giuliani and Others

Baseless Republican attacks on Dominion Voting Systems may come back to bite major Donald Trump supporters in the wallet. That’s because the company appears to be losing significant business in jurisdictions where Republicans control decisions about which vendors will supply voting equipment.

To collect damages the company must show that it suffered financial harm. Various elected Republicans around the country are helping Dominion make its case as the defendants’ lies about Dominion machines are causing it to lose millions of dollars of business.

In separate lawsuits, Dominion is seeking actual damages of $1.6 billion from Fox News and $1.3 billion each from Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell and Trump My Pillow Guy Mike Lindell. It is also seeking punitive damages.

The individuals Dominion is suing stood at the center of the “Stop the Steal” movement and fed the narrative. Fox News amplified this manufactured storyline.

And Republicans around the country listened. GOP state legislators and election officials country are taking actions that will cost Dominion dearly.

The article goes in depth into each state that cancelled their order(s) and the actors around each of them. For some reason they all keep saying "stop the steal"... It's pretty clear financial damages as a direct result of powell and trumps fuckery

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Republican Controlled States Cancel Orders For Dominion Voting Machines; Financial Losses Bolster Damage Claims Against Fox News, Giuliani and Others

The article goes in depth into each state that cancelled their order(s) and the actors around each of them. For some reason they all keep saying "stop the steal"... It's pretty clear financial damages as a direct result of powell and trumps fuckery

This is the best chance I can possibly see of actually seeing change implemented at Fox News of some sort. 

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is the best chance I can possibly see of actually seeing change implemented at Fox News of some sort. 

Considering Lachlan just told the Anti-Defamation League that Tucker Carlson isn't anti-semitic I don't share your optimism. Lachlan is more ruthless right wing than his father.

46 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Considering Lachlan just told the Anti-Defamation League that Tucker Carlson isn't anti-semitic I don't share your optimism. Lachlan is more ruthless right wing than his father.

What else is he supposed to say? “Oh yeah he totally hates jews and jigaboos?” I’m not defending that POS , but admitting to anything opens up more liability. And conceding wrongdoing before a judgement is a bad idea. Well see if the tube changes if they have to cut a check for a billion. Because to be clear that was what I was referencing to Fox changing; after writing losing a billion dollar summary judgement. 

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What else is he supposed to say? “Oh yeah he totally hates jews and jigaboos?” I’m not defending that POS , but admitting to anything opens up more liability. And conceding wrongdoing before a judgement is a bad idea. Well see if the tube changes if they have to cut a check for a billion. Because to be clear that was what I was referencing to Fox changing; after writing losing a billion dollar summary judgement. 

I know that's what you're referencing; I don't see the money as being a deterrent to Fox. Yet.

I guess it depends upon how much Lachlan Murdoch is willing to stick with this ideology because he thinks it will win in the long run. Money runs the world, but the people running the world have the money. I don't know enough about Viet Dinh, counsel at Fox,  to know how much influence he has with the Murdoch family and programming in that respect.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Like his father, Lachlan doesn't run a charity. When the talking heads are costing millions more than they are bringing in from pillow ads and gold coins and shower tubs for senior citizens, the Murdochs will crack down.

But we've got a ways to go.

Of course, if Dominion wins hundreds of millions/billions, then there will be a shakeup at FNC, because the Murdochs like money more than politics.

And I expect there will be a changeup in the next 10 years or so - FNC is going to start losing plenty of viewers due to old age, and the younger generations are far more interested in lots of other things on TV.  Not many, even the diehard right-wing types, want to hear a 60-something Sean Hannity ramble about Hillary's emails night after night.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I know that's what you're referencing; I don't see the money as being a deterrent to Fox. Yet.

I guess it depends upon how much Lachlan Murdoch is willing to stick with this ideology because he thinks it will win in the long run. Money runs the world, but the people running the world have the money. I don't know enough about Viet Dinh, counsel at Fox,  to know how much influence he has with the Murdoch family and programming in that respect.

Yeah this is all predicated on them losing a clue billion in cash. 

“People asked me, ‘You’re going to let everything go? Porn? Swearing? Everything?’ And I said, ‘Absolutely not,'” Lindell said. “We have a thing we found in the Constitution and our founding fathers that defines what free speech is. And Eric, get this, this Judeo-Christian platform we’re going to have here, they go by biblical principles—you know, you get to the Supreme Court, you have the 10 Commandments there—so, in other words, you’re not going to have porn up there, you’re not going to have these sites that contain material that go against our Constitution, go against what our founding fathers put in there.”

“You’re not going to be able to swear,” Lindell added. “There will be four words for sure you can’t say: You can’t say the C-word, the N-word, the F-word, and you can’t use God’s name in vain. What a concept. Right?”

“Wow,” Metaxas responded. “That’s really puritanical. I like it.”

Lindell then insisted that users will also not be allowed to violate the Ninth Amendment by bearing false witness against others on his platform.

There are times that I feel like some of these idiots are just dropping really good satire...

On 4/9/2021 at 7:16 AM, Bookman said:

It's now been five months since the election. Other than a few Trumpkins who cast multiple votes, has there been any evidence uncovered of voter fraud?

On 4/9/2021 at 7:35 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

I recall seeing a clip recently that out of however many millions of votes that were cast in Georgia, they found 250 that were questionable. 

These cases aren't going to be dismissed or closed until after their worth for stirring up election fraud is expended.  That will be after these states get their voter suppression laws passed.  

Then unlike Covid and election day, all these trumped up charges will disappear.  

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Fact-checking-Texas-lawmaker-s-claim-of-400-16095858.php

Fact checking Texas lawmaker's claim of 400 voter fraud 'cases'

Taylor GoldensteinAustin Bureau

In defending his controversial voting bill on CNN on Sunday, Texas state Sen. Bryan Hughes claimed half a dozen times that the attorney general's office had 400 open voter fraud cases.

“That's the fact,” Hughes, R-Mineola, said in an interview with CNN host Pamela Brown. “It's documented. There's no question about that.”

Yet that number is almost 10 times larger than the number of people with pending voter fraud charges in Texas, which is 43, according to data from the attorney general’s office. Only one of those pending cases stems from the 2020 election, in which more than 11 million Texans cast ballots.

Hughes, who is the author of the Senate Bill 7, which would ban drive-thru and overnight voting among other provisions, said in an interview that he was referring to the office’s 386 ongoing investigations of voter fraud as of April 5.

Investigations, or unproven allegations that have not yet been taken to court, are different than filed criminal cases in which there has been some evidence of wrongdoing found.

There have been no arrests in any of those cases, and because of the way Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office defines them, it’s unclear how many people are under investigation or how many offenses each of them may have committed.

It’s also unclear how long those investigations have been ongoing. A spokeswoman for Paxton did not respond to a request for clarification on Monday.

Texas Republicans, including Paxton, were among former President Donald Trump’s staunchest supporters as he falsely claimed the 2020 election was stolen from him.

But even as Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick offered up a $1 million reward for evidence of voter fraud and Paxton doubled the resources for his election integrity unit in 2020, none have come up with evidence of widespread voter fraud in Texas or anywhere else.

That hasn’t stopped them from pushing legislation like SB 7 that will reduce early voting opportunities in the name of preventing fraud, as Democrats and voting rights groups rail against it as voter suppression.

IN-DEPTH: Ken Paxton's beefed-up 2020 voter fraud unit closed 16 minor cases, all in Harris County

As the Houston Chronicle reported in December, the attorney general’s office last year spent 22,000 hours — nearly double what it did in 2018 — working on voter fraud cases but only closed half as many: 16 cases in which Harris County residents who used a false address on their voter registration applications. Most of those cases date back to the 2018 election.

CNN anchor Pamela Brown on Sunday pushed Hughes to explain why those closed cases were cause for concern.

“To what end does a state that already has some of the strictest voting laws on the books put restrictions in place on voting in the name of voter fraud?” Brown asked.

“There are over 400 open cases of investigations of voter fraud by the Attorney General right now. Because of COVID-19 protocols, courts were not open last year,” Hughes said.

Brown asked again how 16 minor cases “justify taking away access to voting,” and five more times throughout their conversation, Hughes repeated that there were “400 open cases” without clarifying that he meant investigations.

It was not the first time a Texas official has cited wrong or imprecise statistics on the prevalence of fraud as the Legislature moves to adopt more voting restrictions.

In March, the American Civil Liberties Union pointed out a discrepancy in testimony provided by Josh Reno, deputy attorney general for criminal justice, who repeatedly and falsely told members of the House elections committee that the office had 500 voter fraud cases pending. The cases pending against 43 defendants involve about 500 counts, to which Reno may have been referring.

The attorney general’s office did not respond to a request for comment by Hearst Newspapers on why Reno used that number, even after he took time to explain to members the difference between counts and cases. Counts refer to each instance in which an individual is accused of breaking a law. A case against a single defendant can include many counts.

“Counts isn’t really a great metric for what is actually happening,” ACLU senior staff attorney Tommy Buser-Clancy said at the time. “It’s possible for prosecutors to rack up the number of counts, saying that same action violated four different laws, five different laws, and thereby inflate the number of total offenses charged.”

taylor.goldenstein@chron.com

On 4/12/2021 at 8:04 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Tucker Carlson ‘might’ not be anti-Semitic but the character that Tucker plays on TV sure the hell is 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

For months now, one of my college-educated friends and I have been having a cordial discussion about if massive, massive voter fraud changed the election results. She is in the Lindell/Powell/Guiliani camp.

We had it out yesterday. There is nothing I can ever say to convince her that speculation is not "evidence." She has her feelings, and she will never, ever, ever change them.

It's pretty fucking sad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

29 minutes ago, Bookman said:

For months now, one of my college-educated friends and I have been having a cordial discussion about if massive, massive voter fraud changed the election results. She is in the Lindell/Powell/Guiliani camp.

We had it out yesterday. There is nothing I can ever say to convince her that speculation is not "evidence." She has her feelings, and she will never, ever, ever change them.

It's pretty fucking sad.

But could you get past all that and bang her?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5