the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

Michael Cohen is obviously a lying piece of shit, but one thing that struck me from his testimony was when they asked why he was bothering to turn on Trump at that point and he said something about it being because he'd been convinced that if Trump wasn't re-elected there was no chance of there being a peaceful transition of power. I doubt that that was his entire motivation, but I remember hearing it and getting chills because I was sure he was telling the truth about that part. And here we are.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Honestly, not sure what the dems should do with this.  Treat it as ridiculous and going nowhere because it's apparent to anyone with two working brain cells that Biden won the election and the GOP is spouting nonsense.  Or take their attempted coup seriously, putting some more weight behind the attempt.

i dont know what the dems can do either, but there are 71,500,000 people out there that voted for Trump and a majority of them think the election was absolutely stolen from Trump.

And that is a problem. How is Biden to effectively govern behind that 8 ball? It's a very big problem.

I wish it wasn't but it is and all i can see is it getting worse. This country is fully immersed in a toxic cocktail of misformation and willful manipulation delivered via social media to the susceptible willing.

Don't go to Texags, its utterly depressing. I once thought the views over their were an anomaly, but i am slow coming to the conclusion they are the rule.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

The man can barely speak.

The man does rally's all over the US--what's the difference between a rally and a sermon?  Just add the God word a whole lot more.  None of his followers care whether he's even read or knows the Bible.

24 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i dont know what the dems can do either, but there are 71,500,000 people out there that voted for Trump and a majority of them think the election was absolutely stolen from Trump.

And that is a problem. How is Biden to effectively govern behind that 8 ball? It's a very big problem.

I wish it wasn't but it is and all i can see is it getting worse. This country is fully immersed in a toxic cocktail of misformation and willful manipulation delivered via social media to the susceptible willing.

Don't go to Texags, its utterly depressing. I once thought the views over their were an anomaly, but i am slow coming to the conclusion they are the rule.

LOlz.  You're smarter than that...

( and that's not a shot at you, but what is considered 'normal' over there.)

24 minutes ago, yoladu said:

See the poll earlier that shows that 80% of people believe Biden won. That makes me feel better about things.

It shouldn't surprise you that the majority of aggy as well as most of the Eyes thread on this board would fall into the other 20% of the stupidest people on the planet. 20% is a minority. It's just a very vocal, stupid minority of trailer trash. Fuck 'em.

I really hope the justices and judges in these cases are all applying one simple test to these claims: As the purpose of any election is to discover the will of the people, is any alleged practice distorting or suppressing that discovery?

This technical bullshittery and asshattery of how many and how far away poll watchers had to be is utterly inconsequential.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, yoladu said:

I don't think the majority of them believe it was absolutely stolen from Trump, and as the final numbers come out, they'll know it wasn't.

FoxNews.com is running a banner at the bottom, they have a table front-and-center on the website showing that they called NV, AZ, and PA for Biden, and they refer to Biden as "President-Elect" throughout headlines and throughout the site.

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

They do not allege that enough votes were bad that the huge Biden numerical lead is imperiled by the much smaller basket of questionable votes - no?

Not that I saw, no.  It's 85 pages, though.  As I said, I don't know where it ends up.  I guess they're going to say the whole thing was so fuct that  . . . .

I never said it was a good suit or a winner, it's just not the clown show that a lot of this shit is.

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Any of you law dogs want to explain this?  Just using lawsuits to gin up money from the suckers?

Well, aside from the underlying merits of the case, that is a dismissal of an appeal because of a settlement.

That's SOP in law world.

Given that the defendants didn't settle by agreeing to invalidate votes or "decertify" the vote count, I don't know what they accomplished.  And they probably didn't accomplish much because the whole suit was probably dogshit.  But that doesn't necessarily follow from the dismissal.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

so basically trump's only path to victory is having the results for multiple states thrown out ?

can the supreme court invalidate an entire state's results ?

He's going to have to win decisively in more than one of the states, that's for sure.

There's no precedent for the Supreme Court to invalidate an election.

It can invalidate election laws and procedures, like recounts, etc.

About the most maximal thing the Supreme Court do is make it difficult for a state to certify its vote or all of its vote, which might throw it back to state law on what it's supposed to do when a vote can't be certified.

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, aside from the underlying merits of the case, that is a dismissal of an appeal because of a settlement.

That's SOP in law world.

Given that the defendants didn't settle by agreeing to invalidate votes or "decertify" the vote count, I don't know what they accomplished.  And they probably didn't accomplish much because the whole suit was probably dogshit.  But that doesn't necessarily follow from the dismissal.

Trump's got a lot of aggy in him. I guess it's the tiny dick syndrome. 

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He's going to have to win decisively in more than one of the states, that's for sure.

There's no precedent for the Supreme Court to invalidate an election.

It can invalidate election laws and procedures, like recounts, etc.

About the most maximal thing the Supreme Court do is make it difficult for a state to certify its vote or all of its vote, which might throw it back to state law on what it's supposed to do when a vote can't be certified.

I wonder if a countywide (or three) re-vote would be considered if SCOTUS goes full corrupt. 

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

Trump's got a lot of aggy in him. I guess it's the tiny dick syndrome. 

It must be fucking insane to represent him.  

At least in these suits, none of them have to deal with him in any capacity.

Sometimes, you can find a certain satisfaction as a lawdog in keeping a skimpy lawsuit alive for an extended period of time, maybe even to a jury trial.

But I can't imagine there's much reward in any of this shit.  One of the bigger challenges may be convincing yourself that the suits aren't actually frivolous and sanctionable.

38 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It must be fucking insane to represent him.  

At least in these suits, none of them have to deal with him in any capacity.

Sometimes, you can find a certain satisfaction as a lawdog in keeping a skimpy lawsuit alive for an extended period of time, maybe even to a jury trial.

But I can't imagine there's much reward in any of this shit.  One of the bigger challenges may be convincing yourself that the suits aren't actually frivolous and sanctionable.

I've spent years as general counsel for a company owned by a Trumpish, litigious, unscrupulous and narcissistic owner who didn't listen to anyone. Never had to file anything as bullshitty as all this, but sadly I can kind of relate to these schmucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Left is being too quiet about these lawsuits and appear to have a strategy of just waiting out the clock for Bidens win to be certified. In today’s media, if you’re accused of something, no matter how crazy, someone needs to be yelling in your defense.

Biden and Harris can’t be the ones on TV but someone on the left needs to be yelling that trump is attempting a coup. Remind everyone that trump lawyers cannot produce one witness or evidence of 1 fraudulent or illegal vote. Out of 150+ million. Just get one or two simple talking points and repeat it 100x.

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Left is being too quiet about these lawsuits and appear to have a strategy of just waiting out the clock for Bidens win to be certified. In today’s media, if you’re accused of something, no matter how crazy, someone needs to be yelling in your defense.

Biden and Harris can’t be the ones on TV but someone on the left needs to be yelling that trump is attempting a coup. Remind everyone that trump lawyers cannot produce one witness or evidence of 1 fraudulent or illegal vote. Out of 150+ million. Just get one or two simple talking points and repeat it 100x.

As someone who very seldom supports the left's general cause, it still appears to me that the left in this case is showing some huge freaking level of patience, like a parent watching their kid fall on a bike.  They know this sumbeech is riding off eventually, regardless.

It's like, "Let this mouthy, self absorbed piece of shit sink himself once and for all"

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

democrats suck at messaging. same as it ever was.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

As someone who very seldom supports the left's general cause, it still appears to me that the left in this case is showing some huge freaking level of patience, like a parent watching their kid fall on a bike.  They know this sumbeech is riding off eventually, regardless.

It's like, "Let this mouthy, self absorbed piece of shit sink himself once and for all"

Folksy parenting analogy fail.

I've spent years as general counsel for a company owned by a Trumpish, litigious, unscrupulous and narcissistic owner who didn't listen to anyone. Never had to file anything as bullshitty as all this, but sadly I can kind of relate to these schmucks.

Tillman Fertitta?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The bullshit talking point by many GOP is that Trump is within his legal rights to file lawsuits- but I don’t think that’s how this works. None of these suits are based in evidence or even good faith accusations of wrongdoing. The lawyers and the campaign know the lawsuits are bullshit and you simply are NOT entitled to file a lawsuit you know can’t carry water. 

These aren’t just frivolous or nuisance cases- they are bad faith attacks filed by people knowing they will lose. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

On the one hand, it's good to let Trump flail blindly about.

On the other, would be good to have somebody calling out the bullshit, but they've got to be widely known (which rules out people like Beto and Schiff), and also not subject to crazy attacks from Trump (which rules out Beto, Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, etc.) and somewhat independent (which rules out Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, etc.).

Obama is the person that does that for me - he's not in office, nor running for any office.  Widely known, listened to by a lot of people.  Trump has never really been able to come up with a good attack (although I would love him to rev up the birther attacks right before the GA Senate runoffs).

In a perfect world, you'd have Obama and Bush out there saying "you've just got to stop this nonsense" and going full-court press.  Then again, perfect world, and we wouldn't have Trump trying to steal an election.

Edited by atomheartbevo

38 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The bullshit talking point by many GOP is that Trump is within his legal rights to file lawsuits- but I don’t think that’s how this works. None of these suits are based in evidence or even good faith accusations of wrongdoing. The lawyers and the campaign know the lawsuits are bullshit and you simply are NOT entitled to file a lawsuit you know can’t carry water. 

These aren’t just frivolous or nuisance cases- they are bad faith attacks filed by people knowing they will lose. 

The irony hypocrisy is that these same assholes are the ones who constantly bitch bitch bitch about frivolous lawsuits.

Why aren't the courts sanctioning these asshole shysters for these bad faith lawsuits?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
6 minutes ago, Llogg said:
Every living former president should be screaming from the rooftops about this attempted coup.

It appears the Democrats have decided that the high road is the path which of course has always worked out great for them

I think I correctly rage-reacted to this post.

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The irony hypocrisy is that these same assholes are the ones who constantly bitch bitch bitch about frivolous lawsuits.

Why aren't the courts sanctioning these asshole shysters for these bad faith lawsuits?

Sanctions are difficult to get. Judges hate them. Unless I have written proof that you know your lawsuit is bullshit, I probably won’t succeed on anything more than dismissal

18 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Sanctions are difficult to get. Judges hate them. Unless I have written proof that you know your lawsuit is bullshit, I probably won’t succeed on anything more than dismissal

Don't care. Threaten the lawyers and most of this bullshit will stop.