West Virginia Mountaineers @ Texas Longhorns - 11AM CDT on ABC [Making Meth vs Herman's slow death]

immamac

2 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

TH doesn’t get blown out. They have more to lose. They’ll probably win out and win the conference, but they’re not drooling over a rematch with us more than any other contender. I’d actually be willing to bet they want payback over ISU/KSU. No need to take care of business twice against anyone else.

But I don’t talk to their players and coaches on a weekly basis, so what do I know.

I hear ya... I was thinking they would just want to beat us again for bragging rights , recruiting and over all asshattery 

It's happened.
I actually give zero fucks.
 I turned on the game, but after they tied it and the offense went into sludge mode, I quit paying attention.
I read election shit.  I made a quick trip to the store. I took a nap at halftime. 
I noted the score at the end and how godawful our offense was. I saw a few plays.  It was like watching a mediocre or bad tv show I don't care about.

Cool story...you quit watching altogether
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We are their biggest rival. They want to p[lay us to rub our face in it and talk shit in recruiting to recruits
TCU and WV dont mean shit to OU
OSU is mini little brother 

They don’t give a shit who they play. They just want to win. It’s how I hope our program views things as well.

12 minutes ago, Whatever said:

They don’t give a shit who they play. They just want to win. It’s how I hope our program views things as well.

They actually do give a shit about playing us, we're their primary rival and they'd love to beat us twice.  It's how I hope our program views playing them, as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

Fuck disappointing.  I was drunk, had mid game sex, and handed out rep sitting in the sun.  

It was a good day.  Horns winning is icing on the cake.  Herman is still fired.  He just doesn’t know it.

By looking at your avatar I'm assuming you doggy styled her on the couch so you could watch football and get some ass at the same damn time. 

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

How furious would you be as a WVU fan right now? Head coach passes up 3 FG opportunities and loses by 4. Somehow he out MENSA’d us.

When it is such an intense rivalry game (sarc) there is no way for a coach not to get caught up in the heat of the action.

Although, I think I heard someone say that Coach Gomer calls the pays from 20 to 20 and then someone else does the play calling inside the 20s.

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

When it is such an intense rivalry game (sarc) there is no way for a coach not to get caught up in the heat of the action.

Although, I think I heard someone say that Coach Gomer calls the pays from 20 to 20 and then someone else does the play calling inside the 20s.

Yes, the commentators spoke about this play calling arrangement. Seems odd to me.

Sam only 15-31.  But he seemed more accurate than the last couple of weeks.  Receivers just couldn't hold onto the ball.
Also thought Sam made some bad decisions.  On at least 5 occasions, including a couple of 3rd downs,  he went 30 yards downfield on a 50/50 or 60/40 play instead of a 90/10 pass to the back that probably would have been a 1st down.  One of those was on that next to last drive.  Looked like a sure first down on the uncovered receiver to the right and he threw it long.

I don’t see enough talk about how shitty this receiving Corp is, Only how bad Sam is. That’s a crappy Oline and sub par receivers he is playing with.

Eagles is stiff with mediocre hands. Epps is worthless. Money? Seriously?

The only playmakers are Moore who weighs as much as one of Sweats legs. Whittington and Smith are always hurt.

The rest of the crew aren’t even worth mentioning.

None of these guys go up and get the ball like Humphrey, Duvernay or Johnson, not even close. They let little DBs out muscle them time after time...
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I don’t see enough talk about how shitty this receiving Corp is, Only how bad Sam is. That’s a crappy Oline and sub par receivers he is playing with.

Eagles is stiff with mediocre hands. Epps is worthless. Money? Seriously?

The only playmakers are Moore who weighs as much as one of Sweats legs. Whittington and Smith are always hurt.

The rest of the crew aren’t even worth mentioning.

None of these guys go up and get the ball like Humphrey, Duvernay or Johnson, not even close. They let little DBs out muscle them time after time...
But they break lots of tackles and make guys miss.

Gameplan and play calling was atrocious. Execution was not good but this staff is doing everything it can to make it difficult.

I'm not sure anyone is confident. In themselves or each other. No sense that Brewer plays damn near all the game then almost never plays yesterday. Robinson needs more involvement in the passing game. Not as a checkdown necessarily but a primary target like the game clincher yesterday and moving down the field.

Quit trying to force the running game. And quit hurrying on 4th to no avail. The passing game needs rhythm. Only once do I recall 3 passes in a row. And it didn't work but oddly enough Sam got better with each throw. Course the receivers dropped a catchable ball on 2nd then flat our dropped it on 3rd.

Eagles and Smith are your 3rd down guys. They need to be out there every 3rd down. The rotation at WR is crazy. It absolutely affects productivity from a consistency and reliability standpoint.

It also is odd how we look downfield a lot more than in season's past. But Sam is not throwing into double coverage so it's not necessarily a bad read. What has changed from two years ago when we had no 50 yard plays but were successful on many 3rd downs. And I realize the WR personnel is drastically different (no more Charlie recruits - thought you Jack wagons might like that) but there's more to it than that.

Even if we win out, Herman is inept in several weeks facets. He is very Greg Davisesque in certain ways.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It is not just the WR rotation but the RB, TE rotations as well.   It is apparent that TH has the philosophy that each guy is a carbon copy of the other outside of the QB position.  And his willingness to allow Sam to continue to play while he is beat to shit is also going to harm us in the long term.