Sweet Jawja Special Elections

Zonahorn

15 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Well, McConnell told the dumbasses to not challenge the Electoral College certification but the big brains like Raphael thought they knew better.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Raphael = #BackBenchBitch

Might wanna specify a surname when dunking on a Raphael on this thread. 

Edited by Queen Bitch
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

How on earth does your Nextdoor have a political forum?   Mine doesn’t and political posts get promptly removed.

It's a totally separate listing from the one where everyone whines about fireworks fucking up their dogs.  Surprising there are about as many of us libtards as MAGAts on the forum and as you would expect, most posts are MAGAts whining about getting called out on their QAnon bullshit.

It Took losing the senate for these idiots to realize that Trumpism is a sickness. Almost as bad as COVID.

trumpism needs to be cleared out of the White House and congress ASAP. His trashy base is out of control.

They knew it all along. It was a calculated risk to hitch their wagon to him and another to unhitch. That is all.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lol, a Cruz staffer definitely put that out. 

EDIT:  I mean seriously, do people really believe it was this instead of, just spitballing here, shutting down a $2k stimulus check that dear leader even supported?  This is definitely a Cruz hit on Hawley, and I'm here for all of it.  

Edited by TXSG8R
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

EDIT:  I mean seriously, do people really believe it was this instead of, just spitballing here, shutting down a $2k stimulus check that dear leader even supported?  This is definitely a Cruz hit on Hawley, and I'm here for all of it.  

Speaking of that $2K, going around the intertrons is that it should be dubbed Biden Bucks....hahahaha!

52 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

We had Holidays up here. Our Holiday tree looked good this year.  The word Christmas is banned up here in liberal NYC. I have to use VPN just to post this. 

You joke but my uncle died in the War on Christmas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It's a totally separate listing from the one where everyone whines about fireworks fucking up their dogs.  Surprising there are about as many of us libtards as MAGAts on the forum and as you would expect, most posts are MAGAts whining about getting called out on their QAnon bullshit.

They bitch about fireworks and dogs in Texas too?  Thought that was just an NYC snowflake thing.  Nextdoor is the worst. Everything is "destroying the neighborhood."  Housing values up. Its unaffordable!  Housing values down. Its becoming a shithole!  Businesses opening. We don't want that type of business. The same type of business closing. Deblasio is killing us!  A dying type of business like a florist closes.  I remember when Mr. Smith used to give us white kids a flower for free. It will probably be another Latino restaurant.  That's why I moved to Florida. They keep their Latinos separate down there. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Lol, a Cruz staffer definitely put that out. 

Oh yes, the Circular Firing Squads are going to be fun to watch over the next four years.

Also, I'm not looking backwards in this thread, but did this get posted? (one of my faves from yesterday)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Dumb question amnesty. If it is 50/50 split how is majority leader determined? I know Harris will break ties. Both parties put up a nominee, tied vote, Harris breaks?

Not a dumb question - the Democrats can use their tie-breaking vote with Kamala to lead all committees. However, the last time this happened:

The last time the Senate was evenly divided, from January to June 2001, Democratic leader Tom Daschle (S.D.) and Republican leader Trent Lott (Miss.) reached a power-sharing agreement in which the committees were split evenly. Lott was majority leader from when Vice President Dick Cheney (R) took office until Democrats convinced Vermont Republican Jim Jeffords to switch parties, giving Democrats a 51-49 majority.

Unlikely to occur this time as Lott states:

The Senate could replicate that 2001 agreement, as McConnell suggested in 2016, but Lott is skeptical, given the increased polarization in the Senate. "Tom Daschle and I used to talk more in a day than Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer do in a month of Sundays," he said.

So we should expect Democrats to run everything for now. 

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/might-happen-democrats-sweep-georgia-090657722.html

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

This may have been asked and answered but why the difference in votes cast, both in total and for candidates?    I guess Georgians can stomach Perdue better?

The diff between an elected incumbent and an appointed Senator. They know Perdue better and he’s a household name bc of his family.