Sweet Jawja Special Elections

Zonahorn

I voted for Brad in the 2018 primary and runoff since he was the least Trumpy R. His work updating the absentee ballot request system and in handling this garbage has been quite good.

During the 2020 primaries, requesting an absentee ballot was a mild annoyance. You had to fill out some pdf form, sign it, and email it to your local person. Now you just click a few buttons and give them your driver’s license number and they send it out to you. It’s a really good and convenient system now.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Since the SoS runs elections it seems like it would be a good idea, if only for appearance's sake, if the SoS would refrain from ever endorsing any candidate of any party.  Even better, it should be law.

To offer up a silly parallel, on College Game Day Herbstreit will refrain from picking a winner on a game he was calling later in the day.  It offers up some weak sign of impartiality.  But at least it's something.

24 minutes ago, Mole said:

I voted for Brad in the 2018 primary and runoff since he was the least Trumpy R. His work updating the absentee ballot request system and in handling this garbage has been quite good.

During the 2020 primaries, requesting an absentee ballot was a mild annoyance. You had to fill out some pdf form, sign it, and email it to your local person. Now you just click a few buttons and give them your driver’s license number and they send it out to you. It’s a really good and convenient system now.

Sounds like fraud to me. Bigly fraud by a RINO. 

39 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

Since the SoS runs elections it seems like it would be a good idea, if only for appearance's sake, if the SoS would refrain from ever endorsing any candidate of any party.  Even better, it should be law.

To offer up a silly parallel, on College Game Day Herbstreit will refrain from picking a winner on a game he was calling later in the day.  It offers up some weak sign of impartiality.  But at least it's something.

I’d say your parallel doesn’t go far enough. It’s more like the referee announcing who he thinks should win right before the coin toss. 

Of course, the last SOS in Georgia kept his position through his election for governor, so ethics and Georgia elections is a new concept.

• Hook 'Em 1

catfight on Twitter, with some Q tossed in.  this is political discourse in 2020.  and we get a month and a half more.

Loeffler starts with this:

Omar comes back:

then Loeffler throws back some 9/11 shit:

Omar says Loeffler's smack talk game is weak:

then the Qanon rep from Georgia weighs in:

Omar snaps back:

15 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

catfight on Twitter, with some Q tossed in.  this is political discourse in 2020.  and we get a month and a half more.

Loeffler starts with this:

Omar comes back:

then Loeffler throws back some 9/11 shit:

Omar says Loeffler's smack talk game is weak:

then the Qanon rep from Georgia weighs in:

Omar snaps back:

Did the rev call them losers and suckers and not understand what’s in it for them?

• Hook 'Em 2

Man, she’s the worst. She and Perdue made me send Roethlisberger and thank you email for doing the job he was hired to do. 

Also, having only read an out of context quote of Warnock’s “anti-troops” sermon, the fact that preaching the Gospel is considered anti-American by the Christian Right is an indictment of everyone of their proclaimed values.

The pressure on Kemp must be ridiculous right now. He's earned every single bit of scrutiny.

Polls nailed GA, FWIW. But I’d discount them because we know both have enough support to win. Very few will change their mind. It’s more about driving turnout.

At least we might know the results sooner now

https://www.ajc.com/politics/election/georgia-to-consider-emergency-election-rules/LWE665SFMZGDBO2UVS7DGSNS44/

To accommodate those ballots, the board extend an authorization for counties across the state to provide drop boxes for absentee ballots – an authorization made last spring and renewed in July amid the coronavirus pandemic. Counties must use video recording to monitor the boxes and adopt other security measures.

The board also modified another temporary rule approved earlier this year. That rule allowed – but did not require – counties to begin opening and scanning absentee ballots before Election Day. The revised rule requires counties to begin processing absentee ballots a week and a day before Election Day. The votes would not be tabulated until after the polls close on Election Day.

Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said requiring counties to process ballots early will speed up the tabulation of ballots and allow the public to learn the outcome of the Senate races as soon as possible.

“It’s really in Georgia’s best interest and the nation’s best interest to finish quickly,” Raffensperger told the board.

The board originally planned to consider a third rule directing counties to “review all available evidence” to determine whether someone registering to vote here is a Georgia resident. The proposal came as Raffensperger and others have raised alarms at the prospect of partisans moving to Georgia temporarily to vote in the January runoff.

But Germany told the board that local officials already have the authority spelled out in the proposed rule, which was withdrawn from the election board’s agenda. Instead, the secretary of state will send a bulletin to local officials spelling out their existing authority to determine the residency of those registering to vote.

The proposal came as Raffensperger and others have raised alarms at the prospect of partisans moving to Georgia temporarily to vote in the January runoff.

That's not actually going to happen.  And never was.  But damn are these people so easy to rile up and trick. 

i was thinking about this last night and sort of thought the same.  he can only tangentially touch on it, because he'd be starting the presidency with a big loss, imo.  i think he has to keep his hands clean.

If only he knew a famous popular black man who would speak out for him instead...

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

That's not actually going to happen.  And never was.  But damn are these people so easy to rile up and trick. 

I heard George Soros has rented up all available vrbo and Airbnb rentals in GA for the next 2 months and has fleets of buses bringing in voters

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Will the liberal cabal bots please emphasize you can write in Trump for both senate seats, thus making him the most powerful when elected? Thanks

That ass is already fat enough to occupy 2 seats. 

I can only assume that across other social media besides Twitter, which is where I'm see it occur, there's a distinct rise in suspected bot/troll/subversive accounts that are going after the two Democratic candidates in an attempt to suppress votes. Faux progressive accounts that are mixed in with real ones that I visit from time to time. I had heard that was a tactic to get retweets, and it appears to be in play for the next month. Fun times, not.