Sweet Jawja Special Elections

Zonahorn

28 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm sure the posters who tut-tutted about Democrats' anti-religious discrimination during the Amy Coney Barrett hearings will be here any minute to do the same for this.

You're missing the part about anti-"one true"-religious discrimination. You can discriminate against people who don't worship the same way they do all you want.

51 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I'm sure the posters who tut-tutted about Democrats' anti-religious discrimination during the Amy Coney Barrett hearings will be here any minute to do the same for this.

Every accusation....

Because there was no anti-religious discrimination.  They fabricated and conjectured it would happen, but it did not. 

On 11/28/2020 at 3:26 PM, Neonmoon said:

Why were Republicans so vigilant is making sure that Justice Coney Barrett was not challenged for her strongly held religious beliefs as they seek to attackthe prophetic witness of Dr. Warnock and the Ebenezer Church?

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Just as an aside, nap thing for nothing- does anyone else get raged when they see articles like “you won’t believe this celebs net worth and it’s something like, 10-50 million?  Really guys you couldn’t narrow it down any more than a 40 million dollar range. 
300-800 million screams- I ha e no idea what the fuck I’m taking about when calculating net worth. That range is absurd.   Just say- probably richest senator and move on- if you can’t calculate a net worth where the higher end is more than 2.5x the lower end of the range I’m not much interested in seeing your range. 

• Hook 'Em 3

51 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I don't know this to be true but she married Jeffrey in 2004.  He started Intercontinental Exchange in 2000 and I'm going to guess they had a prenup/that is considered separate property.  Now it may look like the $300-$800mm is their net worth but if they got a divorce, I'm guessing she wouldn't be entitle to half.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

You see, the Republican view is that Black people can't have legitimate religious-liberty rights because--and it's really important that you understand this--they don't have souls.

Edited by Ghost of LL

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

You hate to see it

Yep.  No issue spreading lies and falsehoods about the election for a month after Trump lost.  But now they're like, "oh fuck, we could lose because of the shit we said" 

Yah GIF | Gfycat

• Hook 'Em 1

That reminds me that I need to write Kelly asking her to step aside in favor of Doug Collins since my president declared that Collins beat her if not for all the fraud. Surely as the anti-fraud champion that she is, she'll do the honorable thing.

On 11/25/2020 at 2:25 PM, Degenerate Gardner said:

On 11/28/2020 at 7:03 AM, HenryJames said:

Fuck is wrong with this guy.

Remember when this kind of shit actually mattered? I dunno, it's hard for me to get worked up about it when the governor of California and mayor of SF are caught dining indoors. 

3 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Good morning. @immamaccan we get this thread stickied? We have a chance to get rid of Moscow Mitch, this thread needs more traction. All hands on deck....

So- the pollster was off by 2 on the presidential and 5 on the senate race- and we are calling a 2 point lead a good thing if we are a Dem?  color me not impressed or thinking this sheds any light on anything I'd believe in this poll.  I've got it 60/40 GOP. No way I have the Dems favored in a race that they just got done losing by 2 points.  That's obviously not an insurmountable hill to climb or anything like that, but between actually losing the election in November and a 30 year losing streak in the specials I don't see how anyone can come to the conclusion that the GOP isn't at least the very slightest of favorites.  

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So- the pollster was off by 2 on the presidential and 5 on the senate race- and we are calling a 2 point lead a good thing if we are a Dem?  color me not impressed or thinking this sheds any light on anything I'd believe in this poll.  I've got it 60/40 GOP. No way I have the Dems favored in a race that they just got done losing by 2 points.  That's obviously not an insurmountable hill to climb or anything like that, but between actually losing the election in November and a 30 year losing streak in the specials I don't see how anyone can come to the conclusion that the GOP isn't at least the very slightest of favorites.  

no one really thinks otherwise.  we just watched every *tossup* in the great 5 senate seat pickup of 2020 go kaput, some by double digits. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

no one really thinks otherwise.  we just watched every *tossup* in the great 5 senate seat pickup of 2020 go kaput, some by double digits. 

I assume Bruh thinks otherwise otherwise why post and ask it to be stickied to the top of the page. As does whoever sent that tweet and called the pollster who got the winner of the election wrong, and the margin wrong (by 5 points!) someone who had done a good job on that poll.  Uh, ok.  Sure. 

I'm not trying to be a dick when I bring that up. I like having an idea of what people think. But I saw a fucking Reuters job approval on trump that had him -21 not but 3 days after the election.  Give me a fucking break- the dude just lost an election by 4 points against "generic dem" and you are trying to tell me he's a -21 in approval rating.  Fuck you for being either terrible at your job or for trying to stuff a load of bullshit down America's throat and make something where there was nothing.  

This poll might be right. Ossoff might win by 2 this time around. Or lose by 10. It's a special election- after a split decision in America and a split decision in GA. Literally anything could happen.  But don't sell me on "got it more or less right" the first time around on the Senate race when you miss the winner and miss the margin by 5.  That's not ABC in Wisconsin egregious or anything but it's not fucking good.

On 11/30/2020 at 2:07 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

Just as an aside, nap thing for nothing- does anyone else get raged when they see articles like “you won’t believe this celebs net worth and it’s something like, 10-50 million?  Really guys you couldn’t narrow it down any more than a 40 million dollar range. 
300-800 million screams- I ha e no idea what the fuck I’m taking about when calculating net worth. That range is absurd.   Just say- probably richest senator and move on- if you can’t calculate a net worth where the higher end is more than 2.5x the lower end of the range I’m not much interested in seeing your range. 

My reaction to this post is somewhere in the range between “I agree” and “You’re totally wrong.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/30/2020 at 2:12 PM, babysdaddy said:

I don't know this to be true but she married Jeffrey in 2004.  He started Intercontinental Exchange in 2000 and I'm going to guess they had a prenup/that is considered separate property.  Now it may look like the $300-$800mm is their net worth but if they got a divorce, I'm guessing she wouldn't be entitle to half.

from Wiki:

In 2002, she joined Intercontinental Exchange, a commodity and financial service provider, in investor relations. She married the firm's CEO, Jeffrey Sprechter in 2004.

humanswithfoodnames – Page 2 – Synamon, Spice and Everything Nice

Edited by yoladu

On 12/3/2020 at 1:24 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

You misread the tweet. It had Perdue up 3 (not Ossoff) in October and he finished ahead by almost 2 in the end. That's only off by 1, not 5. That's dead accurate for a poll by 2020 standards. 

I'd question the poll for other reasons like only sampling +500, and sampling all adults (A) instead of likely or even registered voters. You'd have a good argument if you said the poll just got lucky. Then again, the polls collectively were all pretty good in GA this go-around.

41 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

You misread the tweet. It had Perdue up 3 (not Ossoff) in October and he finished ahead by almost 2 in the end. That's only off by 1, not 5. That's dead accurate for a poll by 2020 standards. 

I'd question the poll for other reasons like only sampling +500, and sampling all adults (A) instead of likely or even registered voters. You'd have a good argument if you said the poll just got lucky. Then again, the polls collectively were all pretty good in GA this go-around.

Ha. Well don’t I feel like a ducking asshole. Yep- read that as Ossoff. Imma gonna go sit over here in the corner with my dunce cap on. All the rest of the stuff about the polling though in general I stand by. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ossoff is awesome.  If he loses this he needs to be somewhere near DC in some capacity.  He's a great voice.

Ossoff and Buttigieg ganging up on Rs in a debate would be a PPV worthy event. Good with the zingers and yes, Ossoff has a pleasant speaking voice. Fortunately, he has some charisma that others with good voices don't have. Stacey Abrams is a female with both qualities as well. Mike Pence has the voice but lacks the charisma.