Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

“I’ll be here next year,” Bijan Robinson said Monday. “I'm a really loyal guy. And when I say I'm going to do something, I’m going to stick to it.”

Earl. Quan. Young. McCoy.   Robinson was right there at the beginning of the season as one my favorite Texas players of all time simply based upon how he carried himself. 

Commence the cementing or my opinion of that guy.

• Hook 'Em 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 10:35 PM, brakeman said:

so close. great game.

Love the part where Corso says "like Reggie Bush" right before Robinson puts Bowman on his ass with a stiff arm that Bush could have never done. I mean at times it seems like he has Bush's agility and Lendale White's power.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Love the part where Corso says "like Reggie Bush" right before Robinson puts Bowman on his ass with a stiff arm that Bush could have never done. I mean at times it seems like he has Bush's agility and Lendale White's power.

IDK what Reggie Bush you remember, but the dude benched 400lbs and was a monster stiff armer, he was notorious for it. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I love Bijan. He isn't running people over like Lindale. That dude was a truck. 

Also, no need to put down RB to make Bijan look better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

IDK what Reggie Bush you remember, but the dude benched 400lbs and was a monster stiff armer, he was notorious for it. 

Notorious for trying maybe

3:40 tries a stiff arm on Tarrell Brown and misses and doesn't even affect brown

He didn't even attempt another stiff arm in that game despite several opportunities. He also didn't attempt many overall because he carried the ball in his right arm 95% of the time even though he liked running left.

There are his 2005 highlights. Stiff arm attempt at 3:40. Didn't work. Sort of successful one at 4:40 but not sure if he even touched the defender because he was already around him. The only successful stiff arm in the entire video is at about 8:15 (it helps that he actually grabbed the defender's facemask) and he certainly doesn't knock the defender into the dirt like Robinson above. At 8:40 another stiff arm attempt that the DB runs right through like it wasn't even there and tackles him. Entire Heisman season highlight reel had one successful stiff arm and two failed attempts. There were a shit ton of plays where he ran by and around people, though. 

He did like to try to run over people and it definitely worked when he had a head of steam against a stationary DB. But he did not stiff arm a lot of people, not sure what Reggie Bush you remember.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Notorious for trying maybe

3:40 tries a stiff arm on Tarrell Brown and misses and doesn't even affect brown

He didn't even attempt another stiff arm in that game despite several opportunities. He also didn't attempt many overall because he carried the ball in his right arm 95% of the time even though he liked running left.

LOL. The "Bush Push" is in this video as one of his highlights?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Really hoping he wins the doak walker award next year, plus all-American honors. Only question on the heisman is if Stroud or JSN wins it, they’ll break a million  offensive records. Bijan has no shot at that whatsoever.

Unless we somehow make the playoffs, he won’t win it with the returning favorites…..but a Doak Walker and trip to NY would be a successful year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 9:13 AM, Hozz said:

Man those are monstrous numbers compared to the greats.

Ricky’s pace picked up considerably after those first 19 games. His stats by the end of his junior year were double the ones in that graphic…