Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

On 11/25/2020 at 7:50 AM, LTtxfan said:

If there’s going to be 1 of the 3 RB lose carries, I’d prefer it be Ingram. Ro has been nothing but positive and the kid just flat out plays. I think the backfield is better with him in it. Always falls forward. Finishes runs. 

• Like 1

This dude cant even block for himself. Trash. Now we know why he only has 300 yards for the whole season. Can't even score touchdowns like an untouched QB. Move him to LB. Dont ever starts again. 8 yards per carry messes up the 10 yd minimum play. Next man up.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Whatever coaching staff we have the next 3 years better not fuck this guy up. 

I remember when Toneil Carter was the next best thing, then keontay.  

We seem to have had a lot of RB flash early greatness only to disappear.  And I don't mean particularly recently, either.

7 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Just from my limited experience and limited memory, I think Bush had better straight line speed.  But bijan looks more willing to run people over.  

He's a little bigger if I'm not mistaking.   

Just checked; there is a an 18lb difference between the two.  Bush was listed at 205 (which may be last year) while Bijan is listed at 223 as a freshman.   

Edited by SDG

Just now, Knoxtnhorn said:

I was worried he might be a tad overrated due to his competition in HS.  Not so much anymore.

(Disclaimer: I absolutely did not think he'd suck.  I was just worried about his accolades and living up to them.)

Note: AZ at the highest levels doesn't suck.   

Jesus Christ, this kid is like a 8th grader playing in the back yard against 5th graders, and somehow we get him 12 touches today? And he rips off 220+ yards?

I’d love to see what he can do against fucking Kansas with 25 carries and 4-6 passes out of the backfield. This kid is the real fucking deal....

Kid looked how many expected him to once he got the touches, obviously extremely talented. Herman is from the Mack tree, play the blood and sweat veterans over more talented freshman similar to not getting Ced more touches till after the ou game...asinine.  I have no explanation for Brewer over Wiley tho

Edited by ballrific

The thing I saw that I haven't seen from a Texas RB in a while was, after handling his business shifting through the OL gap, he accelerated AWAY from the pursuing DB!

Previous RBs could break tackles, get free, then get tracked down by an opposite field DB. While I don't wanna scoff at 20 yard runs, seeing a Texas back be the fastest guy on the field made my heart happy!

• Hook 'Em 2

He is a certified BAMF, and I think he's helped the already-very-good rojo improve his game as well. Several times this season Bijan has put a move on somebody only to have rojo use the same move in the next series. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I think they're learning from one another and both getting better as a result.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 12:09 PM, satyanash said:

On 12/7/2020 at 2:52 PM, jeevsie said:

Ol' boy #4 had an angle on him too.

What a run. And I was going to say this^^.

Thank god he didn't break his neck on that play he tried to jump over the tackler against Tech.

• immamac changed the title to Bijan Robinson is special