Clemson at Notre Dame

Doc Sam Beckett

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Even if Clemson loses, if they win out, they’re in the playoff. They didn’t have Trevor or half their defense. They have an excuse. They get in over aggy or any other one loss team that doesn’t win the SEC. 

And if ND keeps it close in the rematch, they'll probably both get in

Just now, Michael Knight said:

Even with the loss the playoff committee will remember Trevor Lawrence was out and let them go to the playoffs even without winning the ACC

Oh without question. Lose to #4 on the road without your #1 overall pick qb. They probably let them in regardless if that’s their only loss, but definitely in these circumstances.

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Really, rushing the field with covid positive players? 

Shut the fuck up about Covid.  A bunch of 18-20 year olds won’t even have symptoms if they contract it so please stop with the hysteria.  Let’s just put everyone in a fucking bubble. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

Apparently the ACC is just one division this year so rematch it is

Yeah, I just looked that up too.  They were talking about a rematch throughout the broadcast so I thought that must be the case.

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Theres no rematch, Clemson is on their side of the conference so if ND wins out they go to the championship game instead of Clemson

There's no divisions in the ACC this year apparently.  It's just #1 ACC team vs. #2 ACC team.

[EDIT] Fuck, just saw the later reply.

Edited by ulukinatme

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Interesting that ND is a one year rental for the conference and got to play Clemson at home.

If I was Clemson, I would feel some type of way about that.

They were playing Clemson at home regardless this year.  Here was the schedule pre-Covid:

https://collegefootballnews.com/2020/07/notre-dame-football-schedule-how-could-it-change-for-the-2020-season

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

doesnt even slightly surprise me that its OK to rush the field during Covid in South Bend.     cant wait until both teams have 30 positive tests because of this shit. 

They admin will have to issue a statement about how it's important to commemorate this glorious day.  And then also something about football.

7 hours ago, stork642 said:

Shut the fuck up about Covid.  A bunch of 18-20 year olds won’t even have symptoms if they contract it so please stop with the hysteria.  Let’s just put everyone in a fucking bubble. 

Nice, UND athletics can just print your post and show it to the ACC office when 17 players test positive in a few days

8 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Good.  Don’t want to trade one arrogant prick for another one like Kelly. 

At least this arrogant prick has shown over the course of a decade that he is actually a pretty damn good coach. Just be a good coach. I don’t care if you’re a dick, or you don’t have any morals. Just be good at coaching football and developing players

8 hours ago, WBT said:

counterpoint: fuck Clemson

I haven’t gotten to that point yet. Maybe it’s because it’s always SEC or Ohio state vs Clemson but I can’t even remember the last time I rooted against them in the playoff. 

Never knew the ND quarterback was from Cedar Hill.  Outside the red zone fumble, he was amazing and the team did just enough in all three phases to win the game.  While Clemson was hamstrung by COVID quarantine for several starters, the Tigers came within 1:43 in regulation from being the winner.  The 91 yard drive to tie it for ND, punctuated by the perfectly thrown deep ball, could not have been better orchestrated.  While I was rooting for Clemson because of a friend's connection to the program, I came away very impressed by the effort ND gave and was reminded of what it was like to have a Texas team so many years ago playing and winning a matchup like this.  Should they meet again the the ACC title game, I would expect Clemson to be at full strength and win the rematch.

2 minutes ago, pch said:

Never knew the ND quarterback was from Cedar Hill.  Outside the red zone fumble, he was amazing and the team did just enough in all three phases to win the game.  While Clemson was hamstrung by COVID quarantine for several starters, the Tigers came within 1:43 in regulation from being the winner.  The 91 yard drive to tie it for ND, punctuated by the perfectly thrown deep ball, could not have been better orchestrated.  While I was rooting for Clemson because of a friend's connection to the program, I came away very impressed by the effort ND gave and was reminded of what it was like to have a Texas team so many years ago playing and winning a matchup like this.  Should they meet again the the ACC title game, I would expect Clemson to be at full strength and win the rematch.

Book isn’t from Cedar Hill.  You are probably mixing him up with Avery Davis who played QB at Cedar Hill and plays WR for ND. 

• Hook 'Em 1