Clemson at Notre Dame

Doc Sam Beckett

9 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Ha I didn’t even factor in covid with these students rushing the field. 

How can you deny the fear after this long?

Got dammit, buy in, son.  Stay in your hole.  That is living.

Everything now is through the new lense of death...

Edited by slorch

10 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That series where Clemson didn’t run any clock was painful 

Yes, they fucked up. They should have forced ND to use ALL their timeouts and instead they only had to use one. And almost no time killed.

12 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Theres no rematch, Clemson is on their side of the conference so if ND wins out they go to the championship game instead of Clemson

Clemson will get the Bama treatment then. They went to OT on the road with their freshman QB. They are not going to get punished for this game.

Clemson will get the Bama treatment then. They went to OT on the road with their freshman QB. They are not going to get punished for this game.
I think I read up thread that acc has no divisions this season so it could still be Clemson and nd. That said, assuming Lawrence can come back, they really shouldn't be punished for this game. They played them down to the wire while missing probably the best player in cfb.

I'd love to see the rematch with Clemson way full speed. Would be another great game.

Damn, getting old is getting old!😀  Thanks for the correction.

5 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Book isn’t from Cedar Hill.  You are probably mixing him up with Avery Davis who played QB at Cedar Hill and plays WR for ND. 

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Book is from Sacramento 

5 hours ago, Jack Wilson said:

You mean they didn't turtle?

I'm not sure what you'd want to call it. Turtle is not usually the word I use. 

They had a 33-26 lead, with the ball at their own 47 yard line with 2:09 on the clock. D.J. ran on first down, 1 yard, TO-ND, three seconds used. Second down, Etienne runs for -5 and the clock goes to 2:04. Third down, D.J. pass to Etienne and he goes out of bounds at the Clemson 48, clock at 1:54. Then the punt.

Clemson needs to have another running back besides Etienne, if Lawrence is not playing. If Lawrence is not in they have to let the kid throw the ball down the field. He's got a wicked arm. Now that I look at it they did sort of turtle. Perhaps not a turtle on his back, but they pulled into the shell, and they should not have. Three plays, 0:22 off the clock. A first down could have ended it.

I'm not sure what you'd want to call it. Turtle is not usually the word I use. 
They had a 33-26 lead, with the ball at their own 47 yard line with 2:09 on the clock. D.J. ran on first down, 1 yard, TO-ND, three seconds used. Second down, Etienne runs for -5 and the clock goes to 2:04. Third down, D.J. pass to Etienne and he goes out of bounds at the Clemson 48, clock at 1:54. Then the punt.
Clemson needs to have another running back besides Etienne, if Lawrence is not playing. If Lawrence is not in they have to let the kid throw the ball down the field. He's got a wicked arm. Now that I look at it they did sort of turtle. Perhaps not a turtle on his back, but they pulled into the shell, and they should not have. Three plays, 0:22 off the clock. A first down could have ended it.

Wow

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

How far does Clemson drop since they didn't have Lawrence? I'd imagine they'll still be top 5. A healthy Lawrence wouldn't have made this a game. 

it wasn't just Lawrence it was half their defense gone, they made ND's qb look like Fran Tarkenton

16 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

They had a back run out bounds and then we’re screwed by comically incompetent refs who couldn’t figure out the clock rules.  

If the clock is going to run on that down, ND accepts the holding penalty and now it's 2nd and 20ish instead of 3rd and 13. 

And if this is the golden age of CFB, ND has to go for 2 at the end of regulation.  The loser of the game is out of the national title race unless a bunch of teams lose.  Now we take overtime + near guaranteed rematch in a conference championship game. 

13 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

They were also missing 2 DL, and the team captain LB, as far as I remember.

ND is down our top two most athletic WRs. 

16 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

They had a back run out bounds and then we’re screwed by comically incompetent refs who couldn’t figure out the clock rules.  

Refs were pretty bad that night.  There was also the pass interference call on Clemson that Dabo turned purple over...and then the refs decided to pick the flag up.  Dabo was trending on Twitter after that one, it certainly looked like pass interference though.