SMU (7-1) 18 American Athletic 456  

USC (1-0) 20 Pac-12 395  

Texas (5-2) 22 Big 12 265  

Liberty (7-0) 25 IA Independents 260  

Northwestern (3-0)   Big Ten 250  

Auburn (4-2) 24 SEC 184  

Louisiana-Lafayette (6-1)   Sun Belt 118  
Others receiving votes:
North Carolina 85, Army 54, Tulsa 47, Utah 33, Washington 21, Arizona State 11, Purdue 8, Wake Forest 6, Boise State 5, Appalachian State 5, California 3, Maryland 3, Nevada 1

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

So SMU drops a spot after thrashing Temple? 

Lmfao. I'd take any B12 team on a neutral field. Or CCU or Marshal for that matter. 

But such is being a G5. No one watches American games. Pollsters barely watch P12 games.

What AAC juggernaut did smu lose to?

5 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Aggie 5 😂

Laugh all your want, if bama and aggy win out , and ND or Clemson doesn't slip in. We may have a CFP tune up game for bama to rematch lassie.

4 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Big 12! big 12! big 12! 40% of this shittastic conference in the top 25. 

While we might be killing ourself but the bowl games vs the mighty SEC might 5-1 or so.  Their shit teams are really bad and there’s a lot of them this year.

32 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That sounds like an aggy recap of a game

Ha. First thing that came to mind. SMU has played one decent team at home and got cornholed 42-13. The next two teams in terms of power rankings they handled by 3 pts each. 

image.png.39012258d59587d045b7ce23fdc9a00d.png

But yeah, they will take any Big XII team on a neutral field. Book it.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Ha. First thing that came to mind. SMU has played one decent team at home and got cornholed 42-13. The next two teams in terms of power rankings they handled by 3 pts each. 

image.png.39012258d59587d045b7ce23fdc9a00d.png

But yeah, they will take any Big XII team on a neutral field. Book it.

Yeah because the B12 has such strong resumes on the year. 

Cincy was a competitive game up until about 5 minutes in the 4th quarter when they busted a couple long TD runs on a defense that had kept us in the game the entire night.

Navy, UNT, SFA, Temple all got boatraced. Tx St was a weird game in August that we played like shit in. 

The "rank" in that photo is a power ranking. The Big XII in that ranking sits at 8, 14, 16, 28, 32, 36, 39, 41, 78, 119. So while I agree that the BigXII is fucking ass this year, there are still 8 teams with a higher ranking than your two best wins (both by 3 points). So maybe tap the brakes a tad. I'm not saying the BigXII is full of juggernauts, I'm saying top 8 teams are all better than anybody you have beat this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Fucking aggy at #5 makes me so ragey. I haven’t witnessed aggy ever this “good” since the FedEx years. 
Fucking CDC, you’re enabling this shitastic program.  Tom Herman is NOT the answer. I can’t.  I just can’t. 
Fuck this
Lmao "good".

They are only #5 cuz of covid. I would laugh my ass off if they make the playoffs but have to concede because of an outbreak.

11 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Lmao "good".

They are only #5 cuz of covid. I would laugh my ass off if they make the playoffs but have to concede because of an outbreak.

They’re not making the playoffs. They won’t even win their division if they win out unless Bama drops 2 games. ND, tOSU, Bama and Clemson will make the playoffs.

Edited by Spankytoes

Just watched an interview with the Cinci coach. He was pretty realistic about them having a chance if they win out. I'd say they have a 0% chance but we'll see. 

I'm hoping Florida wins the SEC, then they are in. In this scenario think Bama and Florida get in, along with Clemson and Ohio State.

I think Clemson is gonna blow out ND in the ACC ship. If that happens, and Bama wins, who's in at #4?

BYU, Cinci, or aggy?? Who brings in the $?

56 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Just watched an interview with the Cinci coach. He was pretty realistic about them having a chance if they win out. I'd say they have a 0% chance but we'll see. 

I'm hoping Florida wins the SEC, then they are in. In this scenario think Bama and Florida get in, along with Clemson and Ohio State.

I think Clemson is gonna blow out ND in the ACC ship. If that happens, and Bama wins, who's in at #4?

BYU, Cinci, or aggy?? Who brings in the $?

As long as it’s not aggy, ND, usc, and ideally Clemson, I will be happy. Is that possible? Most likely not but if there’s a year where a byu or cinci could make it, it’s probably this year. 

I think ags have a great shot at making the playoffs. Winning their division doesn't matter. Yes, a few things have to fall in place, like Clemson losing to ND again. I'd hate to see it, cause that will legitimize their program. Thanks, Deloss. Your greed and arrogance ruined the Big XII. It's a slow death, but a death nonetheless.

And really, who cares where SMU is ranked? Sad state of UT football when that is on the radar.

12 minutes ago, BornOrange1955 said:

I think ags have a great shot at making the playoffs. Winning their division doesn't matter. Yes, a few things have to fall in place, like Clemson losing to ND again. I'd hate to see it, cause that will legitimize their program. Thanks, Deloss. Your greed and arrogance ruined the Big XII. It's a slow death, but a death nonetheless.

And really, who cares where SMU is ranked? Sad state of UT football when that is on the radar.

The guy that cares about SMU cares. I think he went to school there.

Texas didn't ruin the big12. The big 12 allowed Oklahoma to get away with hiding the video of their RB knocking out a girl. The big 12 did nothing about Baylor covering up rapes and assaults of girls by their players. The big 12 allows officials to completely take over games to try and get an exciting finish or whatever. The big 12 sucks shit for a lot of reasons, but Texas has been keeping it's nose clean and sharing it's money and brand with a bunch of shit tier programs.

Go back and watch the TCU game and tell me that was a legit football game. We got fucked worse than the 2015 okie lite game.

Texas alone didn't ruin the Big XII. But Dodds' made some decisions and took some actions that alienated many of its members. And I'm not letting the devious Aggies off the hook either. For all their talk about honor, their deceit in negotiating behind everyone's backs was anything but honorable. And then laying ALL the blame on Texas and the LHN violates any definition of integrity, not to mention violating a commandment. But that's another story.

I'm not gonna go back and watch the TCU game and it was 3 weeks ago so I barely remember any details other than a play here or there. So how was it not a legitimate game?

Edited by BornOrange1955