Parler = Trumpkin Facebook....?

Aqua Buddha

I noticed my more Trump Facebook friends are going to something called “Parler.”  Anyone know what that is?  I assume it’s a place to swap Q Anon theories.

That would be the best thing for FB.  Get the trash off the platform while maintaining as rates.  Then again, FB prolly secretly owns it.

My brother and I were laughing about this yesterday. A friend from college kept saying over and over that he was leaving Facebook and Twitter and going to Parler. Taking his ball and going home. This is a grown ass man who doesn't see that Facebook is mostly a right wing hangout zone. Look at any comments section of an article having to do with race, Democrats, "woke politics", etc. Hell, I see it in comments about things with Disney. 

We chuckled because this same guy would probably be the exact person making fun of the left for announcing they are leaving social media because they're "snowflakes" who need an echo chamber. It's delicious. The guy followed through with it though. I can't wait till he's back next year on Facebook as Parler sounds pretty awful. I mean Facebook is awful. I can't imagine a worse version of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Chief Lang Holland's face answers the question "What if they merged the DNA of diabetes and racist pedophilia?"  

Edited by Lobo

Is a prerequisite of these guys to never smile for any reason and look like they begin most conversations with "Let me tell you what's really wrong with this country..."?
Rhetorical, obviously.

My wife and I were having this discussion. Virtually no small town men smile in pictures. Chances are a 100% if they didn’t go to college and are republican. It’s like how no teen boys smile either. Except these guys never matured out of it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

My wife and I were having this discussion. Virtually no small town men smile in pictures. Chances are a 100% if they didn’t go to college and are republican. It’s like how no teen boys smile either. Except these guys never matured out of it.

It more than likely they have fucked up teeth.  Meth mouth. 

8 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yep. Got a shit load of HS "friends" today dramatically proclaiming their switch to Parler because it's not "censored" and is a safe haven for "free speech."

The funny part is that Facebook still allows pretty much anything under the envelope of "opinion." They only sensor the outright batshit insane, easily disproved bullshit that they try to masquerade around as fact. But even that's too much of an affront to their civil liberties.

Edited by aggie08

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

All social media is dangerous.  Parler is especially so.

Menace2Society, imo.

I tend to disagree. I can't imagine anyone joining Parler isn't already about that life. It's when they get the to attract those on the fringe that it becomes problematic. Facebook has an audience that Parler will never, ever have.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Going thru life avoiding the catastrophic nightmare that you're not special with the delusional fantasy that you're Patriot Hero- Citizen Warrior requires permanent steely stoneface.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Just saw several people on Facebook going there. This very serious problem is about to become even more of a serious problem.

Why?   and I'm not arguing- just want to hear your point

I had two invites today,  from friends I know are absolute Trump supporters, and no, I'm not going.  To be fair, I don't go on Twitter either.   I don't need all of the tin-foil bullshit.

Edited by slorch

Why?   and I'm not arguing- just want to hear your point
I had two invites today,  from friends I know are absolute Trump supporters, and no, I'm not going.  To be fair, I don't go on Twitter either.   I don't need all of the tin-foil bullshit.

Because there are literally millions of people in this country that see fake information from sources like Brietbart and have no idea it is completely fake information. With no policing of completely false information, conspiracy theories will continue to take hold with millions of people and result in bad decisions across all walks of life.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Running from Facebook is a joke within itself.

I'm legitimately giddy that Facebook and Fox News have been declared too liberal today. I hope they keep crawling further and further up their own asses and out of mainstream view.

Edited by aggie08

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm legitimately giddy that Facebook and Fox News have been declared too liberal today. I hope they keep crawling further and further up their own asses and out of mainstream view.

Fb is still for sharing family photos and laughing at Karens going off the deep end, right?

Political threat never crossed my mind...

39 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

i remember when facebook was for having sex with the girl down the hall, and for goading St Ed's kids who don't have it yet

I would love to have an off-the-record conversation with the brain trust at Facebook headquarters. Obviously, money rules the day, and they love the look of their bank accounts. But Facebook used to be cool. It has to bother them--in the most left-leaning city in the county--that it's largely just an outlet for everyone's racist aunt now.

Parler strikes me as the kind of place where racists who don’t like being called racists can go to be racist.

Echo chamber deluxe, framed as “I just want to be free to share my ideas without any hassles, man!” When what it really
means is, “I want to continue to be the asshole Trump enabled me to be without consequences.”

Perhaps that’s the 3am Jim Beam talking. But that’s my impression.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Is a prerequisite of these guys to never smile for any reason and look like they begin most conversations with "Let me tell you what's really wrong with this country..."?

Rhetorical, obviously.

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

A lot of guys with tiny dicks, like really tiny - less than 5-6 inches, probably go through life without a lot of reasons to smile.  Only natural that they won't smile for the camera.

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I would love to have an off-the-record conversation with the brain trust at Facebook headquarters. Obviously, money rules the day, and they love the look of their bank accounts. But Facebook used to be cool. It has to bother them--in the most left-leaning city in the county--that it's largely just an outlet for everyone's racist aunt now.

I've been a long term bear on FB for this very reason.  To your point, you're not going on there with your racist aunt and the advertisers want you more than her.  Usage is down on FB platform but up on Instagram for this very reason.  FB should have cleaned this up 3 years ago and they let it get out of hand.