Parler = Trumpkin Facebook....?

Aqua Buddha

4 minutes ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

Translate for us tech/social media Luddites?

Others will chime in, but...it appears to be a poorly written/developed platform that allows outsiders with certain skills to peer behind the curtain and see what the users really are talking about in private.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Mole said:

Not to be a downer, but I just got my GA absentee ballot today in the mail. There’s no space to write anything in — just bubbles for the runoff candidates.

Remember they’re the, ‘We only vote in person’ group.  So if they want to show up and write in Dotard, have at it.

20 minutes ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

Translate for us tech/social media Luddites?

Dick pics that can immediately associated to people because they require an active phone account for login.

As one person in the twitter replies beautifully put it: "der fappenung"

• Haha 1

Oh god, somebody please tell me how many SSN were hacked.  I am so excited.  Christmas come early.  Please tell me it was at least in the hundreds of thousands?  Please.  Please!   Please!  

On 11/18/2020 at 3:39 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

We should all get on Parler and agree to mutually push a conspiracy that somehow makes us rich.

"Oh, Q?   Nobody follows Q anymore. Everybody follows SurlAnon.  They are the ones with the TRUE deep embeds."

it's about merch opportunities

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So much for that free speech thing:

https://www.newsweek.com/parler-censoring-write-trump-ga-hashtag-1549891

I'm kind of new to this "write in" idea, but if you don't vote for the Republican whores already printed on the ballot and instead write in the name of a guy who won't be president past Jan 20th and isn't actually running for Georgia Senate (though I'm pretty sure you'd have to live in Georgia), wouldn't you be wasting your vote? 

And wouldn't that mean a 50-50 Senate is closer to reality? 

And then AOC comes for your gun?

Edited by Bullneck

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I'm kind of new to this "write in" idea, but if you don't vote for the Republican whores already printed on the ballot and instead write in the name of a guy who won't be president past Jan 20th, wouldn't you be wasting your vote?  And wouldn't that mean a 50-50 Senate is closer to reality?  And then AOC comes for your gun?

Shhhh

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, The University said:

wordpress? they were using fucking wordpress? are we sure this wasn't some sort of honeypot that went rogue?

I'm going to laugh if the whole thing was fucking BuddyPress/WordPress.

Well, I'll laugh no matter what.

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

I'm kind of new to this "write in" idea, but if you don't vote for the Republican whores already printed on the ballot and instead write in the name of a guy who won't be president past Jan 20th and isn't actually running for Georgia Senate (though I'm pretty sure you'd have to live in Georgia), wouldn't you be wasting your vote? 

shhhhhhhhhhh

edit: i see biff has covered this

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, The University said:

wordpress? they were using fucking wordpress? are we sure this wasn't some sort of honeypot that went rogue?

Hysterical - Album on Imgur

Wordpress is a fine content management system. Many of the world's biggest sites are done on Wordpress, like the Walt Disney Company, Apple, Toyota, the New York Times etc...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bullneck said:

There isn't event a place to write in as far as I know.  Its a brilliant plan actually.  There's plenty of room for lawsuits now.  

17 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

As I mentioned before, I've been getting quite a few entreaties by my readers to come and join them on Parler. I've thought about telling them that I heard Parler is a CIA front to trick  them into giving up their information and also so that the CIA can more easily search their direct messages.

I heard it's funded by North Korea and Iran.

18 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

As I mentioned before, I've been getting quite a few entreaties by my readers to come and join them on Parler. I've thought about telling them that I heard Parler is a CIA front to trick  them into giving up their information and also so that the CIA can more easily search their direct messages.

don't forget to tell em that David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler are in on the conspiracy

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

fake news, bro. whenever he's taking a break from golf, trump has been banging away on his server farm. nsa ain't got shit against his code.

24 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Sometimes it's best to act like you didn't see a message.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I heard it's funded by North Korea and Iran.

I mean, it is ACTUALLY funded by the Saudis. The truth is just as bad as the joke answer

I was wondering about this very thing. If advertising drives everything, how many serious companies and are going to want their ads running next to a discussion about AOC selling baby parts. Those Trumpy Bear and My Pillow ads can pay only so much.

How many orgs want that? I can't see the National Park Service (post-Trump) posting on Parler.

PS - You're doing God's work HE, if tote looking for a diplomatic response to the loons, just tell them "Not at this time."

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It's almost as if you take away the rules and security features developed to protect the user, it devolves into a a lord of the flies wasteland?

No way

It's like a BBS or usenet or AOL in the mid-90s.

A/S/L could very well be the first message many of these people send out privately to each other.

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

who could have guessed that zero content moderation past what is required by law could fuck up their ability to secure advertiser business to their site??

I didn't know about their "jury" process for a moderator panel that tracks and scores serial offenders though, that's a decent innovation to reduce the per-person load of moderation tbh

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

who could have guessed that zero content moderation past what is required by law could fuck up their ability to secure advertiser business to their site??

I didn't know about their "jury" process for a moderator panel that tracks and scores serial offenders though, that's a decent innovation to reduce the per-person load of moderation tbh

Doesn't sound like their per-person load is the issue.

• Hook 'Em 1